Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade candy cab advice

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭paul79

Casey120 wrote: »
    The wooden mounting plate is actually attached to the door itself making changing boards very easy :

DSCF4309.jpg

The second harness dangling to the ground is the standard CPS2 kick harness .

DSCF4302.jpg

Rotate the monitor and bezel in a minute .

Love the pics casey but stop rubbing it in lol

Anybody here have an neo geo aes or might be interested in a brand new daedalus converter?

Looking for some cps2 mounting clips anyone have some spare?

any sign of her yet?

Lost at sea?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,595 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I hope he's just too busy playing it!

over 4 weeks since he ordered!
    painful

Master of the Universe

If he still doesn't have it by now my heart goes out to the chap, that's agonizing :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Maybe the Anode cap was loose when it arrived!
    Screen+shot+2010-11-21+at+5_46_26+PM.png

Hey sorry been up to my eyes with my apartment refurb and was away with work last week cab has been in dublin since friday before last will be taking delivery today all things going well extremely excited :-)

• Advertisement

That'd kill me to leave that sitting !

urbanledge wrote: »

It is killing me but I have sooooo much on at the minute :'(
    My own place is full of stuff so im going to set it up in my mates workshop for the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Ronnie has one for sale at the moment for 1750

Silly money,
    in fact thats pinball money

Master of the Universe

I'd really love to know how much they're being sourced for in Japan.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,784 ✭✭✭Jack burton

In was going to say about Ronnie's newsletter I got the other day aswell.

The cutes and neo 19s are really a stupid price. Looks like he has a pretty good supply of them.

Say he's making at the least 100% on what he pays for them. Hed have to be to make it worthwhile to be getting containers from Japan

It is killing me but I have sooooo much on at the minute :'(
    My own place is full of stuff so im going to set it up in my mates workshop for the minute.

Master of the Universe

I did read recently that his recent batch of Cutes did cost him a premium.

Whether that means €200 rather than €100 or €1000 rather than €700 I haven't a notion.

He must be making a few eurons anyway as people are still leaping on them. Do a bit of multiplication on the amount of cabs in this photo by the current asking price.

afoto1.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

Yeah I'd love to know how much he's getting them for originally.
    It really p1sses me off that he's almost single handidly drivin up the price of imported candies in the last few years but fair play to him he must have some rock solid contact else every other aspiring entrepeneur would be trying to compete with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

I'm surprised someone in the UK or Ireland hasn't started doing it yet, I suppose the contact in Japan would probably involve a few trips over and then the funds and storage would put a lot of people off.

• Advertisement

I know I know about time :-)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

paul79 wrote: »
    I know I know about time :-)

Very nice, congrats!

Lovely!
    well what do you think of it?
    what does the wife think of it ........ha ha ha

Lovely!
    well what do you think of it?
    what does the wife think of it ........ha ha ha

Haha I love it she doesn't love it as much as me.
    its a tight squeeze on 2 player tho.
    screen is good except bottom left colours are off little darker than the rest?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Degauss?

Master of the Universe

Yeah I'd say it just needs a degauss after it's travels. The monitor does it itself every time it boots up.

If it's not getting rid of it I've a degaussing wand you can have a lend of if you're around Dublin? Really easy to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Do the cutes have a degauss button?

o1s1n wrote: »
    Yeah I'd say it just needs a degauss after it's travels. The monitor does it itself every time it boots up.

If it's not getting rid of it I've a degaussing wand you can have a lend of if you're around Dublin? Really easy to use.

Cool thanks man im in carrickmines area. I played on it a couple of times and it didn't go,so maybe the wand will do the job,both joysticks all buttons work except 2p start button needs a new one doesn't work everytime might leave it and replace all in one go.
    Sound and screen are good have a cps1 to cps2 kick harness ordered thanks franco b :-)
    Street fighter is **** with only punches haha

Do the cutes have a degauss button?

As far as I know it should do it every time its booted?

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Cool thanks man im in carrickmines area. I played on it a couple of times and it didn't go,so maybe the wand will do the job,both joysticks all buttons work except 2p start button needs a new one doesn't work everytime might leave it and replace all in one go.
    Sound and screen are good have a cps1 to cps2 kick harness ordered thanks franco b :-)
    Street fighter is **** with only punches haha

Yeah if I were you I'd just refresh the whole control panel with new parts. It's fairly easy to do and makes a huge difference.
    As far as I know it should do it every time its booted?

They do alright, but sometimes the discoloration is so bad that it needs a bit of extra help from a wand.

I did read about someone's cute having issues like this due to the speaker magnet, but that was at the top of the screen so it wouldn't be that. Might be worth making sure there are no other strong magnetic fields around it though (any chance it's sitting beside a stereo speaker/TV etc?)

Will see if I can get my degauss wand to you somehow anyway.

Advertisement