Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade candy cab advice

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭paul79

Still no candy :'(

Still no candy :'(

jim-morrison.jpg
    If you book it, it will come!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,864 ✭✭✭Steve X2

The weather is too nice for a candy to arrive. It'll wait until there is a good chance of rain, then the truck will pull up and dump it at your door and head off.

Steve SI wrote: »
    The weather is too nice for a candy to arrive. It'll wait until there is a good chance of rain, then the truck will pull up and dump it at your door and head off.

Lots of rain and still no cab :'(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Has it been shipped?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,602 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Seems like a long time to wait for shipping if it's from within Europe?

I agree seems a long time I was told 7-10 days.
    The seller was away last week couldn't contact him he got in contact yesterday to say he will contact shipping company and get back to me today with tracking reference and details of whats happening.
    Yes oisin its coming from Germany game-trader site

Ah nothing like the 2/3 week wait after you've dropped 1000e + on something .
    Enjoy !

Master of the Universe

paul79 wrote: »
    I agree seems a long time I was told 7-10 days.
    The seller was away last week couldn't contact him he got in contact yesterday to say he will contact shipping company and get back to me today with tracking reference and details of whats happening.
    Yes oisin its coming from Germany game-trader site

Do they usually send cabs out or is this an exception for them? If it is, maybe they're just slow.

Ronnie churns them out non stop and the delivery time reflects this, usually takes 3-4 days.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

It's because someone embedded the "I Want Candy" song a while back, that song has become a harbinger of death around here

urbanledge wrote: »
    Ah nothing like the 2/3 week wait after you've dropped 1000e + on something .
    Enjoy !

Thanks feel so much better now

o1s1n wrote: »
    Do they usually send cabs out or is this an exception for them? If it is, maybe they're just slow.

Ronnie churns them out non stop and the delivery time reflects this, usually takes 3-4 days.

There is a few cabs on his site so I presume he has shipped before could be new to importing/exporting them.
    On a side note oisin did you get that final fight on AO?

Master of the Universe

There is a few cabs on his site so I presume he has shipped before could be new to importing/exporting them.
    On a side note oisin did you get that final fight on AO?

I didn't go for it in the end, no :( Reckon it was over priced. Was something like €135 with the A board included. Fairly sure I've seen them sell for €75 or so before.

Shame as I've been after it for a while and that board was in great condition.

He offered it to me at €150 I was considering it and then he dropped the price contacted him again and he wouldn't deal :(.
    It's a great game but think I prefer avp,how much does an original avp go for these days?

Master of the Universe

AVP is a far better game alright. I'll be clinging onto that one as I go into the grave :D

It varies in price a lot though. I've seen it sell anywhere from €100-€250.

I'd say it would be quite a squeeze to get a CPS2 board into a Cute. Just trying to find a picture of the available space now.

Master of the Universe

Jaysus, here's an expensive little collection that I came across while searching for pictures of Cutes.

SC19, Pony II and a Cute. Almost 6k worth of cabs?

3cabs110.jpg

The SC19 is a thing of beauty love the hood on them no doubt about the price estimate,they are mad money and extremely rare.
    I'm sure I've seen a video with a cps2 running in a mini cute think it was sfa2

The SC19 is a thing of beauty love the hood on them no doubt about the price estimate,they are mad money and extremely rare.
    I'm sure I've seen a video with a cps2 running in a mini cute think it was sfa2

Ronnie has one coming in next container, 1750 ex shipping

He also has cute's for the same price I think,can't afford another cab fingers crossed on the lotto maybe

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

€1750 does now seem to be the going rate of any cab with a small monitor.

Great business for him as they're a hell of a lot easier to ship over!

Anyone you talk to all small cabs are rare even in japan and high demand for them has driven the price way up in the last few years.
    Should have got into this sooner when prices were reasonable.
    i could possibly sell my aes and games.

Great business for him as they're a hell of a lot easier to ship over!

Apparently not for some people :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Casey120

I'd say it would be quite a squeeze to get a CPS2 board into a Cute. Just trying to find a picture of the available space now.

Like a glove !

DSCF2643.jpg

:D

Master of the Universe

Apparently not for some people :mad:

:(
    Casey120 wrote: »
    Like a glove !

That is one amazing use of space :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Casey120

The wooden mounting plate is actually attached to the door itself making changing boards very easy :

DSCF4309.jpg

The second harness dangling to the ground is the standard CPS2 kick harness .

DSCF4302.jpg

Rotate the monitor and bezel in a minute .

Makes me wish the one I have ordered was here.
    ok update just now the seller has emailed me back saying there has been a mixup with paperwork and cab is still in Germany,he has asked for my number to pass onto schenker so they can contact me directly,I have asked for tracking reference and number to contact them any advice here guys

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ondafly

personally I would just ring them myself

Schenker Ireland (Limited)
    North Ring Business Park
    Santry Dublin 9
    Ireland

Phone: +353 1 8165400

Ask any records of a delivery to the address you provided. Go from there. I know I was a long time waiting on my cab from Holland. At least 2 weeks, and it actually arrived before I even got a tracking number, but at the time I just found out who the shipping crowd were, contacted them directly and scheduled the delivery to suit me.

Makes me wish the one I have ordered was here.
    ok update just now the seller has emailed me back saying there has been a mixup with paperwork and cab is still in Germany,he has asked for my number to pass onto schenker so they can contact me directly,I have asked for tracking reference and number to contact them any advice here guys

Ah jeasus man,
    That sucks.

I ordered a L- couch a while back.
    They said it'd be 4 weeks wait .Paid a few quid and and waited.
    Heard nothing so buzzed them on the 5th week.
    Turns out they "forgot to put the couch into the truck in poland:confused:"
    more like they never ordered it.
    So have to wait another 6 weeks :eek:
    only 4 1/2 left now till I can sprawl out on it.
    Got 15% more off it tho.
    Tell him you want 20% off off your canceling it :D

• Advertisement

Rang schenker cab was only picked up today in Germany.
    emailed seller to ask what's going on to my surprize he hasn't come back to me yet!

Advertisement