Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

oneplus one announced

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭pineapple*soul

ah really? That's a bummer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

Also afaik the us one might not have the same lte bands as international ones. I could be wrong though

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭pineapple*soul

daytob wrote: »
    Also afaik the us one might not have the same lte bands as international ones. I could be wrong though

I had a read up on it, there's only the two versions an International one and a Chinese one. So it should be fine.

Still tempted to be honest as it doesn't require an invite to get it this Black Friday. Will do some more research into shipito

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Aidan!!

What would be cheaper? Parcel Motel in N.Ireland (would mean paying £269[€338]) + about €12 parcel motel cost or getting it sent to France (costing €299) (family address) and then from France to Ireland.

What would be cheaper? Parcel Motel in N.Ireland (would mean paying £269[€338]) + about €12 parcel motel cost or getting it sent to France (costing €299) (family address) and then from France to Ireland.

I'd assume the french option would be cheaper, how much would postage cost from France (rural-ish france, near calais)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Happy days just got the email from oneplus that the order is shipped, had put it in Thursday evening. Does that mean shipped from hong kong or London? Can I expect it with parcel motel sooner rather than later?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

It ships from their London warehouse (even if it's going to Germany!) & they often send out the email well after its shipped so might already be in Belfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭fat bloke

digitaldr wrote: »
    It ships from their London warehouse (even if it's going to Germany!) & they often send out the email well after its shipped so might already be in Belfast.

Hmmm, not in my case. I ordered it Sunday, got an email monday that it had shipped but it wasn't in Newtownabbey with parcel motel til Thursday and then wasn't actually in my local pm locker til Saturday morning!

Just not to get your hopes up too much! Fabulous piece of kit though. Love it.

Okay so I went ahead and bought it. There is a German mail-forwarding service which is quite reasonably priced. That way I could pay for it in Euro and save a tonne. The Phone + accessories + shipping was cheaper than way than paying in £ for the phone alone.

Can't wait to get my hands on it

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭elvisn

I've ordered mine on Friday and still no email. Showing on their site as "processing" nothing from Parcel Motel either.

Also what is this German forwarding company, seems handy?

• Advertisement

Mailboxde.com

I ordered mine on the 29 of november and shipping status is still on "Pending Shipment".
    I had an invite but I'm pretty sure I still bought it through their black friday offer, so it might be pending for a while still.

Aidan!! wrote: »
    Mailboxde.com

I ordered mine on the 29 of november and shipping status is still on "Pending Shipment".
    I had an invite but I'm pretty sure I still bought it through their black friday offer, so it might be pending for a while still.

Cheers.

I ordered mine the 28th of November with the invite via Parcel Motel and it's still in processing. To be fair though, I was told it would ship in 1-3 business days. So it might ship sometime today, but I have my doubts.

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭setanta1984

The 'Processing' status seems to be a bit misleading, I ordered mine on a Monday, and it was showing as Processing until Wednesday, the day it was actually delivered (to a UK address with the priority shipping.) Only changed from 'Processing' a couple of hours before it was in my hand, so its possible it could be on it's way long before the status changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

looks like i was lucky, ordered 27th with an invite and its sitting in a parcel motel locker for me to get soon as can (grrrr have to get out!)

The 'Processing' status seems to be a bit misleading, I ordered mine on a Monday, and it was showing as Processing until Wednesday, the day it was actually delivered (to a UK address with the priority shipping.) Only changed from 'Processing' a couple of hours before it was in my hand, so its possible it could be on it's way long before the status changes.

Thanks for the insight, hopefully that's the same case for me!

sentient_6 wrote: »
    looks like i was lucky, ordered 27th with an invite and its sitting in a parcel motel locker for me to get soon as can (grrrr have to get out!)

Lucky indeed, I'm still waiting patiently :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Kaaazer

Hey guys I'm planning buy the 64gb from the one plus one website this week. I have an invite code

I have no understanding of the moot parcel system & the delivery options regarding purchasing the phone.
    I have a friend in Italy who I plan to order it and get it sent to me from from there.

Can it be ordered directly to his address without any secondary delivery system such as the moot parcel

Regards?

Just got confirmation that my phone has been delivered to Parcel Motel and it's on it's way down to me. I'll have it this evening when I finish work.

@Kaaazer - Yes you can order direct to him from OnePlus with no need for mail forwarding.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Jhiggins1990

Hi i am hoping to get my hands on an invite and if i do does anyone know if i get the phone delivery to London or Belfast would the delivery charge be cheaper??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

The shipping cost is the same for the entire UK, including Norn Iron. Hence, you can use Parcel Motel.

• Advertisement

Kaaazer wrote: »
    Hey guys I'm planning buy the 64gb from the one plus one website this week. I have an invite code

I have no understanding of the moot parcel system & the delivery options regarding purchasing the phone.
    I have a friend in Italy who I plan to order it and get it sent to me from from there.

Can it be ordered directly to his address without any secondary delivery system such as the moot parcel

Regards?

Yeah just make sure to use the Italian version of the website (bottom right of the website there is probably an american flag, click on that and it'll give you other options) otherwise it won't give Italy as an option.

Just put your shipping address to your friend's address and the billing address to your own.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 CathalK182

elvisn wrote: »
    Just got confirmation that my phone has been delivered to Parcel Motel and it's on it's way down to me. I'll have it this evening when I finish work.

Lucky! Mines in the house for the last few weeks and I can't use it for another two weeks :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Charging once every 3 days is a novelty I don't think I'll ever tire of. My Nexus 4 needed to be charged twice daily - the OPO is a monster on the power front. I'm definitely not using it any less or anything like that, it's just lasting easily 6 times as long per charge as anything I've used before (moderate user, don't game, spend about 2 hours a day on phone calls via headset and maybe 2 hours a day with the screen on for emailing/internetting)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Does anyone have an invite?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Has anyone heard of http://oneplus.eu/

Selling for 388.73 Euro:

64GB OnePlus, Case, Screen protector and shipping

Comes with CYM 11

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

dmcg90 wrote: »
    Has anyone heard of http://oneplus.eu/

Selling for 388.73 Euro:

64GB OnePlus, Case, Screen protector and shipping

Comes with CYM 11

I cant buy my oneplusone because of paypal, i wonder if that site is legit before i buy there.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭DA7800

I have to urge you both not to order from that website, the only seller of OnePlus Ones is the official website. That website is either a scam trying and part you from your money, or is a site selling the Chinese version of the smartphone, which isn't fully compatible with Irish networks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭fionny

DA7800 wrote: »
    I have to urge you both not to order from that website, the only seller of OnePlus Ones is the official website. That website is either a scam trying and part you from your money, or is a site selling the Chinese version of the smartphone, which isn't fully compatible with Irish networks.

Just as an FYI the "global" version isnt fully compatible with all bands in use here either... but ya that sound smacks of dodge... OnePlus are selling the phones without invites right now for christmas:

https://oneplus.net/

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭coolaboola

OnePlus 64GB (black) no longer available on their Christmas offer (sold out before 17:00 yesterday). White still available I think.

• Advertisement

Anyone else having an problems with there OnePlus One?

I bought the 64gb Sandstone Black version and there's a few issues I've noticed.

1: There is 1 damaged pixel on the very top left of the screen
    2: There is a chip taken out of the bezel at the top (some chrome is missing)
    3: The camera rattles when you move the phone (seems internal)
    4: When using the keypad after every 3 or 4 taps it makes a weird sound in addition to it's vibration (it's like a tone)
    5: When recording video of any quality or length every 2 seconds or so there's a sound (it's blip, blip, blip)
    6: Camera quality is excellent however the colours are way off (everything is really dull and pale)

Anyone experiencing similar?

Advertisement