Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

oneplus one announced

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭PUnited

any word on the mini version release yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

probably q3 if at all

daytob wrote: »
    probably q3 if at all

ah ok thanks v much

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭Simi

So is the Oneplus Two going to be smaller, or will there be a regular & mini option? I'm quite happy with the size of the One. It could easily be shorter though if they tried. I'm curious to see what direction they go in next time around.

If they aren't planning on releasing until Q3 this year, then it will likely be Q4 before it's easily available assuming they've learned a thing or two about scaling up production.

The thing is no one knows, there is nothing clear as to size or specs. until they announce it. at the moment everyone is guessing there will be mini one or certain specs like 4gb ram. if there is another mobile phone convention in march / april we might hear it being announced but nothings concrete yet, just that it is expected to be q3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

was looking at the website and on the uk one the 64gb phone is £270 (€360) but when i went to the french site the 64gb phone is only €299,

is there any reason for the big price gap, could i buy off the french site or is it restricted to that country?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Hococop wrote: »
    was looking at the website and on the uk one the 64gb phone is £270 (€360) but when i went to the french site the 64gb phone is only €299,

is there any reason for the big price gap, could i buy off the french site or is it restricted to that country?

If you've a French address then yes. Few have used mailbox.de to get them forwarded from Germany to Ireland.
    Only saving 20/30 quid and it takes a few days extra.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    If you've a French address then yes. Few have used mailbox.de to get them forwarded from Germany to Ireland.
    Only saving 20/30 quid and it takes a few days extra.

ah right country specific, thanks ill probably just go with the uk and parcel motel, any idea what the delivery time would be?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Blame the euro weakening against the dollar and sterling.

Delivery time is around 3 days from uk however processing time pre delivery can vary from a couple of days to more than a week.

A week between ordering via uk and receiving via parcel motel seems to average a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 santhu

I got the invite from this forums. So I thought I should share it here. Below is tne invite which is valid till 11:00 AM GMT 5th Feb

account.oneplus.net/invite/claim/GLEA-9WQG-KNWU-UT4C

Remember that this invite can only be used for orders shipping to Austria, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Italy, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Taiwan, United Kingdom, and United States

PS: Since I am a new user to the forums I cannot posy URL's append http:// to the above link

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 CathalK182

Is anyone using a case on their oneplus one.
    What case?
    Where did to you get it?
    Would you recommend it?
    Thank you in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

I'm using a Dizitronic black TPU case that I got on Amazon. Also available in blue and black. Very sleek, fits perfectly and has a small lip to protect the screen.
    oneplus-one-case-diztronic.jpg

Also tried a Pelosi sandstone case from AliExpress . While it did a great job of replicating the sandstone feel being a rigid case it didn't provide any shock absorbing type protection. Also it didn't cover the silver rim at the top of the phone which to my mind spoiled the look.

$_35.JPG

Also tried a cheapy TPU case from eBay. It fit well enough but felt sh*t compared to the Dizitronic - just too bulky.

$_3.JPG

Luckily managed to find good homes for my unwanted cases.

I'd also recommend you get a tempered glass screen protector - I'm using an Orzly one & honestly wouldn't know that it was there apart from the fact the screen now feels smoother and is less prone to fingerprints!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Yep went for the same case and got this for the screen protector:

Screen Protector: Casebase Premium Tempered Glass Screen Protector
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00KRH80OY/ref=pe_385721_37038051_TE_3p_dp_1

• Registered Users Posts: 41 CathalK182

[quote="

I'd also recommend you get a tempered glass screen protector - I'm using an Orzly one & honestly wouldn't know that it was there apart from the fact the screen now feels smoother and is less prone to fingerprints![/quote]

I'm also using the Orzly tempered glass screen protector but I now feel like I need a case as well because I dropped the phone yesterday and made a small crack in the screen protector.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 smcke10

i would really like an invite if any of you kind folk could help me out?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

smcke10 wrote: »
    i would really like an invite if any of you kind folk could help me out?

You can order without an invite tomorrow and every Tuesday from now afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    You can order without an invite tomorrow and every Tuesday from now afaik.

Yep its confirmed here:

"Today, we’re glad to announce that we’re making it even easier to buy the One.

Every Tuesday, we will open up sales for 24 hours, starting at 8 am London time (midnight in Los Angeles; 4 pm in Hong Kong). The OnePlus One will be available without an invite in both 16GB Silk White and 64GB Sandstone Black.

This doesn’t mean that our beloved invite system is going away, and it will continue to be the standard method for purchasing the One during the remaining 6 days of the week. And, you will still receive invites to share with friends whenever you buy a One, even on Tuesdays."

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭EvanKelly6

Thinking of picking up one of these. I already own a Nexus 5 but has anyone taken the same leap? How's it been for you? Also, what's the best way to get it? Buy it directly from OnePlus themselves? Thanks in advance guys!

EvanKelly6 wrote: »
    Thinking of picking up one of these. I already own a Nexus 5 but has anyone taken the same leap? How's it been for you? Also, what's the best way to get it? Buy it directly from OnePlus themselves? Thanks in advance guys!

get it direct from oneplus. i have it and its a brill phone cant complain, can handle anything you throw at it

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭EvanKelly6

PUnited wrote: »
    get it direct from oneplus. i have it and its a brill phone cant complain, can handle anything you throw at it

Very tempted now. How much does it work out at in the end?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

EvanKelly6 wrote: »
    Very tempted now. How much does it work out at in the end?

Cost me around €390 from oneplus themselves about 5 weeks ago.
    I got the 64gb, tempered glass screen protector, case & DHL shipping. Plus parcel motel.

Love the phone. Long time iPhone user, couldn't go back now though.
    Battery life is ridiculously good.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,732 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Not sure i would rely on the tempered screen protectors for anything more than scratch resistant.

Mine fell face flat from waist height to a smooth concrete floor. Net Result Screen protector shattered and so did the screen beneath.

So if anyone is thinking it provides more protection than deep scratches or a backside fall they may be mistaken.

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭setanta1984

OnePlus will "soon" be selling officially to Ireland - https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/oneplus-to-expand-to-all-eu-countries.277266/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭skywalker_208

OnePlus will "soon" be selling officially to Ireland - https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/oneplus-to-expand-to-all-eu-countries.277266/

Interesting!
    I wonder what the cost will work out like though.
    I went through their order process last night to see how much it would cost and ended up being €395 with Paypal and Parcel Motel purchased off UK site.

Would'nt be surprised if it costs good bit more if purchased through Irish site - like everything else.... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Interesting!
    I wonder what the cost will work out like though.
    I went through their order process last night to see how much it would cost and ended up being €395 with Paypal and Parcel Motel purchased off UK site.

Would'nt be surprised if it costs good bit more if purchased through Irish site - like everything else.... :)

€300 like the rest of Europe. Use mailboxde and the phone should work out at 330 including postage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭skywalker_208

sentient_6 wrote: »
    €300 like the rest of Europe. Use mailboxde and the phone should work out at 330 including postage.

I was talking about the 64Gb version. You might be talking about the 16?

I was talking about the 64Gb version. You might be talking about the 16?

No? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,691 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Ok did have an invite ages ago but did not have the Benjamins:mad:

However I see now that you can order on a Tuesday without an invite and getting very tempted. I was looking at the 64gb one

Rather than having to scroll through the whole thread is there much hassle buying this way and I take it you have to get it via Parcel Motel as not delivering to Ireland yet, correct?

Also how much does it cost in total then I can see if I have the dosh

cheers

was looking at the website and on the uk one the 64gb phone is £270 (€360) but when i went to the french site the 64gb phone is only €299
    2pages back, also can pick it up through mailbox.de

• Advertisement

Ok did have an invite ages ago but did not have the Benjamins:mad:

However I see now that you can order on a Tuesday without an invite and getting very tempted. I was looking at the 64gb one

Rather than having to scroll through the whole thread is there much hassle buying this way and I take it you have to get it via Parcel Motel as not delivering to Ireland yet, correct?

Also how much does it cost in total then I can see if I have the dosh

cheers

Two options, buy it in sterling for £269 and use parcel motel, skywalker mentions above this equates to €395 with Paypals even ****ier conversion. Other option is buy in euro by setting the flag on the website to Germany and get delivered to mailboxde, basically a German equivalent of parcel motel. Phone is €300 plus 15 postage to mailboxde who'll quote you to get it to Ireland from there(probably another 15 making it 330 all in). Probable turn around of slightly more than a week with the uk parcel motel option but double or more from Germany, price difference is substantial though.

Advertisement