Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

oneplus one announced

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 clarkelad

Just checked my parcel motel, and this is the info : 1 On Van PARCEL MOTEL DUBLIN 12/11/2014 18:12:35, how did it end up in dublin if was posted to belfast, do all parcels go thought it as centralized distribution center?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

Do you even know what parcel motel does or did you just sign up for it because of this phone?

daytob wrote: »
    Do you even know what parcel motel does or did you just sign up for it because of this phone?

Cheers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭hadook

Ordered mine on Sunday morning with express shipping, hit parcelmotel in the North yesterday and in my locker tonight. It's going to arrive before the case I ordered from Amazon late the same day.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭thomasj

hadook wrote: »
    Ordered mine on Sunday morning with express shipping, hit parcelmotel in the North yesterday and in my locker tonight. It's going to arrive before the case I ordered from Amazon late the same day.

Yep mine came tonight in parcel motel along with all of the accessories I ordered. It also came with a UK plug which is grand given that some people in the UK didn't get the UK plug.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Skittlebrau

clarkelad wrote: »
    Same shipped this morning at 2am, keep us updated on when it arrives in belfats and PM

Just picked it up from Parcel Motel. First impressions.. It's big. Very nice though.

Yep i did aswel before work its a lot bigger than my GS4 but is nice, updating it now to 44s!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Trevaldo

Order one on Tuesday night and it arrived in Belfast this morning! Anyone any ideas of parcel motels delivery time from the Antrim to Dublin?

should have it 2night or 2moro

Trevaldo wrote: »
    Order one on Tuesday night and it arrived in Belfast this morning! Anyone any ideas of parcel motels delivery time from the Antrim to Dublin?

I'd say you'll get notification around 9 or 10 tonight!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭xtal191

Trevaldo wrote: »

Did you go with standard or express delivery?

Express. According to DHL it arrived in Newtownabbey 12:32 today. So it's on it's way to dublin now via parcel motel.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

did the status on oneplus.net change from processing quickly for ye? ordered Wednesday night and its still processing, express delivery too

Went from midlands Uk, to Belfast, to delivered to Newtownanbey (parcel motel) within the 1 day. Hoping to pick it up tomorrow after ordering late Tuesday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

Woop, order complete, left heathrow for parcel motel thursday morning, should i be getting a text fairly soon? So excited haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Boring username

Hi,
    There are three separate threads on the oneplus one and I don't have time to read them all. Can someone answer these questions for me please:

1. How to avoid import tax-is the phone shipping from China, so parcel motel is what I need to use? I've never used it before but I'll figure it out as long as this is the right way to go about it.

2. Will the phone work on Vodafone pay as you go?

Thanks in advance.

1. How to avoid import tax-is the phone shipping from China, so parcel motel is what I need to use? I've never used it before but I'll figure it out as long as this is the right way to go about it.
    If you are ordering from Oneplus.net then you dont need to pay customs and import tax. Parcel motel basically is a northern ireland address that would be like a po box number and they will deliver it down to your nearest parcel motel kiosk * usually near shopping centres or petrol stations, so check if there is one close to you.
    Thats if you order from Oneplus.net uk branch. The eu oneplus allows you to ship to Germany but I have never used that

If however you order from any of the other places like amazon or aliexpress etc then I am afraid I cant help, sometimes they get stung for customs, sometimes they dont

2. Will the phone work on Vodafone pay as you go?
    It will work afaik but I am unsure if it will work on vodafones 4g service. It wasnt supposed to but I think I read that it now might

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭gabhan16

Any invites floating about?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 CathalK182

What do owners of this device think of it after having it for a while. Any problems or things you don't like? Thanks in advance

CathalK182 wrote: »
    What do owners of this device think of it after having it for a while. Any problems or things you don't like? Thanks in advance

I have had it for 2 weeks now and I like what I have seen from it so far. No major issues from it so far.

• Advertisement

Love it, still to this day, have it a few months and cant fault it, sure there has been the odd issue but I can ignore that, when i soon realise I have a phone that has the potential to last me a few years. It wont mind, but it is a phone that you could buy and still feel pretty chuffed by it 2 years down the line when you think how much you have saved.
    Camera is amazing * for what I have taken and need
    Sound - stunning
    calls - nowt dropped so no issues there
    screen is stunning
    speed - this phone can handle everything I throw at it with ease
    gps - even in the arsehole of tullamore or carlow, other phones have struggled, this one does not

overall : a class phone. buy it go break out of the contract and never look back

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭glorified g

Similar to the other replies I can't fault it at all. Switched over from iOS and the improvement with android is just staggering. The little things like a working notification center and ability to control 3G/LTE at the touch of a button are such a welcome change.

On the phone itself it is pretty hard to describe how good it is without sounding like a fanboy. It really is brilliant. Any problems I have had are either fixed with a reboot or with one of the regular updates. Stupidly fast, audio clarity is amazing, UI easy to navigate, charges very fast when plugged into the mains, battery is second to none, screen size makes watching anything a pleasure.

I have a long journey in the mornings and I have started to put episodes of TV shows onto my phone to watch. The literally takes two clicks when it is connected to the laptop.

The only minor complaints I have is when I hold the phone in one hand I cant reach the button on the bottom left of the screen with my thumb. But I wanted a big clear screen so it's a trade off I had to make. I don't like the Gallery on the phone at all. Hows it laid out is annoying and unclear so I just use Photos. I have actively looked for faults in it and so far they are the only two I could find. For the price there is absolutely nothing that even comes close to this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Boring username

Does the phone handle 4G on vodafone? I've heard that it doesn't, can anyone give me first hand experience on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

It doesn't have the 800Mz band which Vodafone uses for most of it's 4G.

Will it work on o2 Ireland?

yeah as far as i know it does
    it certainly works on tesco mobile and that piggybacks on o2s network afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Works on all Networks for 3G. O2 don't have 4G yet.

Works on all Networks for 3G. O2 don't have 4G yet.

What networks does it work on with 4g?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

What networks does it work on with 4g?

Three & Meteor.

• Advertisement

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Three & Meteor.

Does it work on pay as you go?

Advertisement