Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

oneplus one announced

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

CathalK182 wrote: »
    Does it work on pay as you go?

Yes why wouldn't It?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 CathalK182

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Yes why wouldn't It?

I was just wondering because when you look at billpay plans some say 4g and others don't. None of the pay as you go sims say 4g so I wasn't sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Tilly32

Hello,

Sorry there are so many posts here, this is getting confussing.

In summary, am I correct in understanding:

* It works with all Irish 3G mobile networks (for calls, texts, internet)

* It is an Android based operating system and is fully compatable with all Android/Google apps

* It works with both Meteor and Three's 4G networks, but is not compatable with Vodafone's 4G network (only Vodafone 3G)

* The battery is built into the phone, so can't be removed / easily replaced. It's charged via a plug in charger, no wireless feature.

* It has USB, Mini SD and Bluetooth

* It can run all the household named software (ranging from Firefox, through to stuff like spreadsheets etc)

* If purchased from the 1+1 online store, comes with guarantee

* It is shipped to the UK (you need Parcel Motel or alternative arrangement)

Is this liable for tax if purchased and brought into Ireland ?

Tilly32 wrote: »
    Hello,

Sorry there are so many posts here, this is getting confussing.

In summary, am I correct in understanding:

* It works with all Irish 3G mobile networks (for calls, texts, internet)

* It is an Android based operating system and is fully compatable with all Android/Google apps

* It works with both Meteor and Three's 4G networks, but is not compatable with Vodafone's 4G network (only Vodafone 3G)

* The battery is built into the phone, so can't be removed / easily replaced. It's charged via a plug in charger, no wireless feature.

* It has USB, Mini SD and Bluetooth

* It can run all the household named software (ranging from Firefox, through to stuff like spreadsheets etc)

* If purchased from the 1+1 online store, comes with guarantee

* It is shipped to the UK (you need Parcel Motel or alternative arrangement)

Is this liable for tax if purchased and brought into Ireland ?

No sd slot.
    If bought from one plus you'll pay no tax or cutoms but if you buy from another seller outside the eu you might do.

I just got mine. Does anyone else think its a lot thinner in person than you would think from the pictures? And now i have to wait until Christmas to use it :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

I just got mine. Does anyone else think its a lot thinner in person than you would think from the pictures? And now i have to wait until Christmas to use it :(

It feels thinner because of the curve. And why would you have to wait until Christmas to use it???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

santy present innit ;)

Well its a birthday present which is like a week before Christmas :(

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Well its a birthday present which is like a week before Christmas :(

Well I thought it was a Christmas present, but either way it's kinda crazy you having to leave it there till then, I mean there's no surprise anyway, you know what it is. I bought herself one of those Lenovo tablets that were on special in Argos last week, but I told her there was no point her leaving it sitting there till Christmas as she already knew what it was. In my case the only reason she knew what it was, was because I had to send her in to get it! :) But I'll just buy her something else as a smaller surprise for under the tree.

Just tell her to buy you something else as a small surprise... and let us know how you get on. You know I'm right :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Just put in my order this minute. -Getting all excited now!! :)

I'm already wondering about keeping it safe from the inevitable droppy-smashy. Cases were all "coming soon" on the oneplus site. I know it makes a sh1te of a lovely neat razor thin phone to put a dirty big black plastic case on it but them's the.... breaks.... literally.

Anyone recommend a case? I had (have) an otterbox on my old S3 and ugly and bulky though it is, it does its job supremely well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

I have the 2 piece tudia one. It's bulky but offers great protection. It's almost a carbon copy of the spigen ones for other phones.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Aidan!!

I wonder what the black friday sale will involve?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭thegreatiam

personally I think it will be some accessory items reduced or similar.

a lot of folks are speculating it will be discount on the +1, or the +2 release announcement but I dont think they will do either, as people who paid for the +1 on the last preorder last week are still waiting for their unit. Be a cruel trick to reduce it in price or announce the sequal device before paying customers have received the original at full cost.

perhaps a discount on the headphones (jbl+1's I think they are)

or, hopefully, something completely unexpected.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭elvisn

It's a discount on accessories, you can vote for which one it will be. Currently the red headphones are in the lead with over 10% of the votes. Next closest is on 5%

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭fionny

elvisn wrote: »
    It's a discount on accessories, you can vote for which one it will be. Currently the red headphones are in the lead with over 10% of the votes. Next closest is on 5%

wow... colour me un-enthused.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭elvisn

fionny wrote: »
    wow... colour me un-enthused.

Indeed, all that furore around what it could be and it ends up being a choice between some headphones, a gel case, a flip cover or a data cable(which I hope would come in the box)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭fionny

elvisn wrote: »
    Indeed, all that furore around what it could be and it ends up being a choice between some headphones, a gel case, a flip cover or a data cable(which I hope would come in the box)

I love the phone but they are shameless spammers.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭megapixel

I'm waiting since 10:30 for it to be delivered to the parcel motel.....
    I'm like a child at Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

I know its been asked a million times but......whats the average time between buying and delivery?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

Parcelmotel about 5 working days, mailboxde up to 2 weeks but about €25 cheaper. General consensus is that express delivery is no quicker.

• Advertisement

digitaldr wrote: »
    Parcelmotel about 5 working days, mailboxde up to 2 weeks but about €25 cheaper. General consensus is that express delivery is no quicker.

Ordered there, nervous now because of comments on here saying orders are sitting waiting for shipping for awhile. Would love if it arrived before next Saturday because i'm out of the country for a bit after that.

If you're talking about mailboxde then I've ordered two phones via them. No problems but they don't seem to ship at weekends. From a post of mine on the OPO invites thread:
    Just to give people an idea of the mailbox.de ordering process.

Order placed for OPO on 11/11/14. Shipped to mailboxde in Germany:

2rzrksy.png

Shipped from mailboxde depot to me. This included a German public holiday on 19.11.14:

110lopw.png

Once it arrives in Ireland you can enter the tracking number on the an post site too. It'll tell you when it's arrived at the depot, out for delivery etc:

k19sev.png

I'm using parcel motel. I'm referring to the time it takes for oneplus to process the order.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Order placed on 20/11 using an invitation.
    Shipped 24/11 via express option and parcel motel.
    Landed in local PM locker at 4.30 today 27/11.

Location Date Local Time Description
    LONDON-HEATHROW - UNITED KINGDOM [LHR] Nov 24, 2014 1:29 PM PL Processed at LONDON-HEATHROW - UNITED KINGDOM
    LONDON-HEATHROW - UNITED KINGDOM [LHR] Nov 24, 2014 4:55 PM DF Departed Facility in LONDON-HEATHROW - UNITED KINGDOM
    EAST MIDLANDS - UNITED KINGDOM [EMA] Nov 24, 2014 8:59 PM AF Arrived at Sort Facility EAST MIDLANDS - UNITED KINGDOM
    EAST MIDLANDS - UNITED KINGDOM [EMA] Nov 24, 2014 11:28 PM PL Processed at EAST MIDLANDS - UNITED kingdom

• Registered Users Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭fat bloke

I ordered and paid last Sunday. I've to hear anything back.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭pineapple*soul

guys! $349 (about €250) without invite for the 64GB black in today's Black Friday deal. https://oneplus.net/blackfriday/

But they don't deliver to Ireland, only US or Canada. What can I do?!?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

Use the UK site and use parcelmotel - https://oneplus.net/uk

or German site (Google translate it) and use mailboxde.com to save around €20 but slower about 2 weeks versus around 5 days with Parcelmotel and you'll need a €1.50 plug adapter as it'll ship with a 2 pin charger. In both cases fill in your Irish paypal address under billing and Parcelmotel/mailboxde one for shipping. Don't forget to click the flag on the bottom right to change to UK/German store.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭pineapple*soul

Good tips guys, but the price in the US this black Friday is just so much better, by about $80.

I'll use your advice but go with this company that ships from the US for about $15

http://www.shipito.com/

• Advertisement

You'll probably end up paying customs if you go that way. Everyone would have done that if it was that easy.

Advertisement