Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

oneplus one announced

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭fionny

I want lollipop! as soon as nightlies are out from Cyanogen im switching

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭Simi

AstraMonti wrote: »
    44S update is out

Here is the link to download the new 44S update!

How to install
    (Only when you have version 38R!)

1) Shut down phone
    2) Push power + volume down to boot recovery
    3) Select 'apply update'
    4) Search the zip-file
    5) Install it!
    6) Don't forget to Wipe cache partition after the install.

Have fun!

What's new:

Resolved SSLv3 POODLE security issue
    Updated touchscreen firmware
    Fixed issues with memory causing screen artifacts
    Fixed issues with random reboots and instability
    Fixed issues with WiFi and modem crashes
    Fixed issues with Filesystem
    Fixed issues with “black bar”
    Fixed issues with persist partition corruption
    Fixed issues with AT&T VoLTE

I used these files to preserve root.
    https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/rom-nov-7-stock-rooted-xnph44s.173329/
    I'm not sure what the radio files are for but I flashed them anyway. Everything seems fine so far. Pinch to zoom is fixed finally!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 clarkelad

Hi im a new member from Ireland,

i hope to get an invite for this phone very soon, ill be using PM to get it i have set up my one plus account that my billing address is my home in Ireland and my shipping address as the PM in Antrim - the only address on my Paypal is my home address in Ireland. will this setup work okay with Oneplus or is there something i need to change?

thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭arleitiss

Got one invite, first to PM gets it.
    64gb. 24 hours to buy after claiming.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭arleitiss

aaand it's gone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 Trevaldo

Hi guys anymore invites going? I've been looking on the invite thread for weeks now and just keep missing out.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Id would reccomend trying adverts tbh

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

The second round of pre-orders is coming so you won't need an invite, but you'll have to order within that hour as noted below:

Starting now, you can begin filling your shopping cart to prepare for the big event. Pre-orders kick off on November 17 at 16:00 GMT (08:00 PST, 11:00 EST) for one hour only. Your One will be just a click away.

http://preorder.oneplus.net

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

Trevaldo wrote: »
    Hi guys anymore invites going? I've been looking on the invite thread for weeks now and just keep missing out.
    have you tried the invite thread?
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057251489&page=118

Yeah can't seem to get one. Gone within minutes of going up. Been following it for weeks now! Tried Adverts earlier too and no responses.

• Advertisement

just post on it, let them know you want them

• Registered Users Posts: 6,335 ✭✭✭xtal191

Whats the total price for the 64gb, including delivery, parcel motel etc etc?

boards thread with phone info/discussion.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...p?t=2057195395
    OnePlus shop/forum
    http://oneplus.net/

The total cost of the Phone + parcel motel is €358.

Oneplus have said they will be releasing invites from Monday 21st.

Please note:You need to join the OPO website to claim invites and you need to use Parcel Motel & PayPal to purchase. It might help things go smoother down the line if anyone interested registers on those 3 sites now.

from the invite thread

Done done and done.
    Now all I need is a person to share an invite :-D Please. Favour will then be returned once I get one.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Done done and done.
    Now all I need is a person to share an invite :-D Please. Favour will then be returned once I get one.

Not sure if you missed my last post but you can pre-order it now for six days time: http://preorder.oneplus.net

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Really is a lovely phone, battery life has been going from strength to strength the last few days which is always good to see.

Is anyone using a car mount for it, or is any standard one acceptable (given the increased size of it)?

Preorder setup alright but they are still accepting invites in the meantime.

xtal191 wrote: »
    Whats the total price for the 64gb, including delivery, parcel motel etc etc?

I bought it yesterday it came to €362 for one plus and - €3.95 for PM, i also added €400 on my PM for €2.50

total = €372 as i had to add € 10 to PM..

Ordered one last night. PayPal have confirmed the payment alright but still waiting on the shipping mail. Anyone who bought one recently got a ballpark time on delivery?

Ordered one last night. PayPal have confirmed the payment alright but still waiting on the shipping mail. Anyone who bought one recently got a ballpark time on delivery?

Are you using PM? standard or express shipping?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Skittlebrau

I ordered on Monday.. Got the shipping confirmation email this morning. Chose standard shipping.

Hoping to have it by Fri / Sat.

I ordered on Monday.. Got the shipping confirmation email this morning. Chose standard shipping.

Hoping to have it by Fri / Sat.

Same shipped this morning at 2am, keep us updated on when it arrives in belfats and PM

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

From what I'm reading here opo were true to their word - if you order with an invite you'll get the phone way faster then via a preorder. If you're persistent you can get an invite within 48 hours on the OPO site especially if you avoid the "fastest finger" type threads. Boards is often even quicker.

Just ordered an opo from the German site to keep costs down so missed out on the new UK charger :( Reckon I'll go with a blackberry playbook charger off Amazon anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

whats the ui like on these in comparison to say touchwiz? is it slicker, getting sick of the slowdown with samsungs phones

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭fionny

whats the ui like on these in comparison to say touchwiz? is it slicker, getting sick of the slowdown with samsungs phones

Its clean and simple cyanogen mod.. no bloatware like Sammy, much much much nicer then TW.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭Simi

fionny wrote: »
    Its clean and simple cyanogen mod.. no bloatware like Sammy, much much much nicer then TW.

Not only that, but there are a plethora of custom ROMs, including an officially supported one (Color OS) that can be flashed without affecting your warranty. You can also theme the stock OS to suit your liking if flashings not your thing.

There's even a Samsung S5 theme but God knows why you'd want to use it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

digitaldr wrote: »
    From what I'm reading here opo were true to their word - if you order with an invite you'll get the phone way faster then via a preorder. If you're persistent you can get an invite within 48 hours on the OPO site especially if you avoid the "fastest finger" type threads. Boards is often even quicker.

How did you get the phone to Ireland?

• Advertisement

Parcelmotel which worked fine but ordered one yesterday and used mailboxde.com as it works about a bit cheaper so I'll just have to wait and see how it goes.

Advertisement