Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

oneplus one announced

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,404 ✭✭✭irishgeo

If I buy the oneplusone from America and then get it sent to Ireland can I just put a irish sim in it and it should work.

i thought the 4g bands were different in the usa?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

irishgeo wrote: »
    i thought the 4g bands were different in the usa?

There is a set amount of bands that the OPO covers. Just because it was bought on the US store doesn't mean it doesn't have the bands the services in Ireland use. The bands might be different in the US but the OPO has bands which work in Ireland.

My OPO from the US works on most bands here in Australia apart from a new band which is coming next month for Telstra.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 ferris98

I bought my ONO from America works fine here but I still think the Galaxy Note is way better I also have an Invite if someone wants it.
    I have since given the ONO to my sister and I am purchasing the Galaxy Note 4 tomorrow (Hopefully) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

Me please for that invite! Thanks.

I'd get the Note 4 if I could afford it! A mate of mine has it and is very pleased with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭arleitiss

Considering changing from 48 to ANY other network that has 4G and decent network plans.
    Just to clear this up - Which providers does OPO work with and which doesn't? (4G wise)

digitaldr sorry the fecking things expired
    Code Status
    EF9D-A2AO-BEG9-UTL9 Expired
    7UNT-PYMM-DLFS-EWUM Expired
    SHKW-JGUO-WY4V-LE5N Expired
    LL7T-IA43-4LRU-LWG9 Used

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭JoseJones

ferris98 wrote: »
    digitaldr sorry the fecking things expired
    Code Status
    EF9D-A2AO-BEG9-UTL9 Expired
    7UNT-PYMM-DLFS-EWUM Expired
    SHKW-JGUO-WY4V-LE5N Expired
    LL7T-IA43-4LRU-LWG9 Used

:eek::( I'd love an invite if anyone else has any to spare!

Not to worry - I guessed as much because they haven't given any invites out in the past week and they usually expire within 24 hours. Thanks anyway.

il email them and ask can they send another if I get a chance at work today. Sorry about that :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Digital Society

Some people are saying they only take Paypal and will only take a Paypal registered in the UK. Is this true? How did you all get to buy one?

Definitely not true - I've bought 3 OPOs with my Irish registered paypal account. Gave my Dublin address for billing and Parcelmotel for shipping.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Digital Society

digitaldr wrote: »
    Definitely not true - I've bought 3 OPOs with my Irish registered paypal account. Gave my Dublin address for billing and Parcelmotel for shipping.

What was the total cost of one delivered to your door and was it 16 or 64gb?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 17,897 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Pretty sure its always €348 delivered with Parcel Motel from the UK site, I doubt anyone here has a 16 GB, they were only available for a short while, its been that price for 64 GB Sandtone Black for months now, no other option.

I've just checked my PayPal account - €358.43 for the phone and €7.45 to Parcelmotel (€3.95 basic charge + €3.50 extra insurance as without this they're only liable up to €100). So total cost was €365.88. I've since heard that it's a bit cheaper to use the German site and use mailboxde.com to get it shipped to Ireland. My sister-in-laws both want OPOs so I'll probably try this route next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭fret_wimp2

If there are any invites going, please give me a shout! Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭thomasj

Did anyone see the announcement by one plus today regarding invites for November?

1. Anyone who bought the oneplus one in august, September or October will each get 3 invites lasting 7 days.

2. Also there will be 1 day invites to all members up to 320,000

• Registered Users Posts: 2 parapontisj

Please if anyone has any invites, share. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 17,897 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Yeah we'll get right on that for you Parapontisj...

• Registered Users Posts: 2 parapontisj

Thanks Thargor,

thats very kind of you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭fionny

If anyone wins a bamboo cover invite and doesnt want it please think of me... I really want that back cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭emo72

fionny wrote: »
    If anyone wins a bamboo cover invite and doesnt want it please think of me... I really want that back cover.

Don't listen to fionny. Think of me instead!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,919 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

emo72 wrote: »
    Don't listen to fionny. Think of me instead!

I thought they had cancelled the changable back covers ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I thought they had cancelled the changable back covers ?

There is a competition to give away a certain amount.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭JonnyM

whats the difference in buying a one plus one from a chinese android shop and getting an invite?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

Warranty, dealing with the actual manufacturer, the fact that you may not get cyanogen if you go the other way, having said that dont think anyone got that much of a dodgy one.

Anyone win the Bamboo invites? I see they are up for sale on ebay... cheapest INVITE is for 35euro!

fionny wrote: »
    Anyone win the Bamboo invites? I see they are up for sale on ebay... cheapest INVITE is for 35euro!

If anyone did win an invite and doesnt want it please PM me... I love you long time :P

• Registered Users Posts: 13 foxinabox

I don't suppose anyone has an invite? I can offer some Google inbox invites in return if anyone is interesed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

44S update is out

Here is the link to download the new 44S update!

How to install
    (Only when you have version 38R!)

1) Shut down phone
    2) Push power + volume down to boot recovery
    3) Select 'apply update'
    4) Search the zip-file
    5) Install it!
    6) Don't forget to Wipe cache partition after the install.

Have fun!

What's new:

Resolved SSLv3 POODLE security issue
    Updated touchscreen firmware
    Fixed issues with memory causing screen artifacts
    Fixed issues with random reboots and instability
    Fixed issues with WiFi and modem crashes
    Fixed issues with Filesystem
    Fixed issues with “black bar”
    Fixed issues with persist partition corruption
    Fixed issues with AT&T VoLTE

Advertisement