Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anglo Trial - Read Mod Warning in First post

Options
  • 16-04-2014 5:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,564 ✭✭✭✭

NOT GUILTY of all 10 charges...happening now.

Mod Note: DO NOT start making accusations against people. It shouldn't have to be said, but several posts have already been deleted. Stick to facts and not conspiracies.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,836 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Good

• Registered Users Posts: 13,704 ✭✭✭✭josip

NOT GUILTY of all 10 charges...happening now.

Are you at the courts?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,564 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

All I can say is the people can no longer complain in my opinion.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Bollox to this.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭vitani

Same sh*t, different year. Nothing ever changes in this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭corkonion

This is a great result, it sends out a strong clear message that only the underclasses need fear justice in Ireland, don't forget to pay your water charges.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Laws probably need to be changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭Spring Onion

Fcuking hell.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Can't someone just run him over?*

*Preferably Bertie Ahern (might finally get him on something).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Laws probably need to be changed.

Then I would have changed the laws and then prosecute him . It's mad that he can be cleared of any wrong doing . Anglo was be dodgiest bank in the world .

• Registered Users Posts: 18,466 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Was anyone really expecting a different outcome in this case?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭COYW

He was found innocent in a court of law. He is a free man. Another notch on that post that makes me cringe. It is extremely difficult to get convictions when it comes to this type of activity.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

COYW wrote: »
    He was found innocent in a court of law. He is a free man. Another notch on that post that makes me cringe.

Well, not exactly

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

rotten corrupt country:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

bollox to that

offences against the state act amended to catch these pricks

internment

****ing anything

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

What next for him I wonder? I hope he cuts his losses here and fecks off overseas, I would like to think no one will touch him given his reputation but in this country you never know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭MS.ing

wait what, what is he supposed to have done :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Do we have a figure yet for how expensive an excercise in legal futility that this was? I'm guessing the legal fees run into the millions. I wonder if he'll sue the state now for defamation of character or some such nonsense, so that we'll end up paying him?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭cletus van damme

Much as I would have liked him to go down two things became apparent assuming the evidence was factual.

1. Drumm seemed to be the real villan
    2. The regulator had his hands dirty too and it's fairly unfair to hang Fitz if he had approval from the state body.

That said I'm surprised there weren't more robust charges

I only hope now enda will ask Obama to get the Americans to expel Drumm and extradite him here for flogging

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

MS.ing wrote: »
    wait what, what is he supposed to have done :confused:

Loaned money to people on the proviso that they use it to invest in Anglo shares.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Then I would have changed the laws and then prosecute him . It's mad that he can be cleared of any wrong doing . Anglo was be dodgiest bank in the world .

Can't change the laws and retrospectively apply them only offences after a law is passed can be convicted.

Ok so I assume he technically didn't do anything wrong then. Or at least it couldn't be proven he did?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Can't change the laws and retrospectively apply them only offences after a law is passed can be convicted.

Ok so I assume he technically didn't do anything wrong then. Or at least it couldn't be proven he did?

I didn't know that thank you for clearing that up .
    It's still rotten that he can walk away along with his cronies while a country pays for his mess .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

What a great country to do business in any type

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭William F

Better they tried him in front of the Special Criminal Court. They may of had a better result.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Glad that's sorted........... now off out to make a few bob to pay for my property tax, Tv licence, Water tax, Universal social charge..........

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

William F wrote: »
    Better they tried him in front of the Special Criminal Court. They may of had a better result.

You only try the little people there. Not for the likes of seanie

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Whatever about the Maple 10, it was the annual hiding of his massive corporate loans to himself which should have been illegal. Evidently it wasn't so he can't be prosecuted for it, but do you see any sign of the government changing the law so it can't happen again?

*crickets*

Advertisement