Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brave thugs mount daring rescue mission for scummy friend

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭whupdedo

Every day I am confronted with the same. LITTLE WARRIORS OF THEIR OWN ILLUSION - convening in packs; feeling empowered not by their own will but by the will of many if only against lesser numbers. TRYING TO TEST THE RESOLVE AND BREAK DOWN THE DOORS OF THOSE WHO DO NOT COMPLY WITH THEIR SCUMMY VISION - Warrior witnesses this on a daily basis.

Let the confines of the store represent the squared circle. LET THE KIT KATS REPRESENT THE INTERCONTINENTAL TITLE - Let the warrior battle the odds once again in a handicap match if only to emerge victorious - LET WARRIOR BRING THEM TO THEIR KNEES AND CRUMBLE THE CHOCOLATEY WAFER THEY SO DESIRE OVER THEIR STREWN CORPSES - Let. Them. Innnnnnnnnn.

Is that out of a filum:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Jonny Blaze

Let the confines of the store represent the squared circle. LET THE KIT KATS REPRESENT THE INTERCONTINENTAL TITLE - Let the warrior battle the odds once again in a handicap match if only to emerge victorious - LET WARRIOR BRING THEM TO THEIR KNEES AND CRUMBLE THE CHOCOLATEY WAFER THEY SO DESIRE OVER THEIR STREWN CORPSES - Let. Them. Innnnnnnnnn.

First time ive heard the phrase 'squared circle' in about 15 years..

I lol'd! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭SHOVELLER

20 mins for the Gardai to get there??????

And the feral vermin who kicked the door in were not even involved in the initial strife. Jesus wept

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

The thread title is fantastically apt for this noble endeavour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭Knob Longman

SHOVELLER wrote: »
    20 mins for the Gardai to get there??????

And the feral vermin who kicked the door in were not even involved in the initial strife. Jesus wept

I bet if they tried robbing at Seanie Fitz's house the Gardaí wouldn't be twenty mins..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Foxhound38

whupdedo wrote: »
    I understand to the ordinary Joe on the street, they're a bunch of overpaid overrated navy seals wannabes who think that just because they're in the army entitles them to hero status

If that's what the ordinary joe in the street thinks about it, then they don't understand the first thing about the DF either :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

foggy_lad wrote: »
    Nooooo! those "wannabe Gardai" have enough powers without giving them handcuffs or other restraints or weapons!

The security staff,something,BTW,we should NOT be needing in an ordinary retail shop,already have powers of detention and the use of reasonable force....the entire thing hinges upon that word "Reasonable"...

Whatever level of force that appeared "reasonable" during that featured nasty episode,will be second-gussed to infinity,and beyond,six months later in the somewhat calmer confines of a Court,by a Legal Representative rersiding in Dartry or somesuch leafy location...thus,the Court will most likely deem the Security Man's response "disproportional" and award a sum to the original attackers to compensate them for "Emotional Trauma".

With our current Judicial and Law Enforcement processess blatently unable (or unwilling) to address basic issues,I would see some merit to introducing modernized versions of older punishments,such as The Stocks or Pillory...from my perspective,the usual proponents of these attacks are almost always in ahurry to meet somebody or do some "deal" and they do NOT like being delayed....therefore my concept of punishment for thse folks is to find out what bothers THEM most and give it to them,by the Jig Time....;)

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Artist Graham Knuttel Posted on his Facebook page this early am about a gang of 20 thugs resident to Duke Street in Dublin 2. At the time of posting the youths were burning mattresses in the laneway.

To quote My Knuttel ;
    Warning to anybody, weak or frail or just not up for a fight, if you are thinking of coming into town, don't!. There is the worst gang of feral youths formed a society round the back lane. They are not stable. I rang the guards 3 times last week. They always show up and do their best.
    I know this gang. I know that one day, their leader will kill.
    When I was a kid, one of my ambitions was to be a copper, a guard. A Garda.
    I think the coppers in Dublin (the only town I know) do a heroic job with huge compassion.
    They live their dreams at the back lane. They are feral. Even the police don't know what to do!. A retail business on duke street closed at 4 pm yesterday because of this gang. They will come round the back later on and set fire to a skip from tower records
    My family are scared to go down the lane.
    I'm here since 1995 . I knew them all . Our lane is well covered by cameras from Irish life ,( de Valeria's milk cow) and it used to be relatively safe.
    People slept here for years, not anymore.
    There is a gang of feral 18-21-28, kids run the town now. The guards know each and every one of them. However the cops hands are tied. They can't search them.
    The peeps might have a six month old baby in a pram loaded with smack.
    What can a cop do?
    We have a good brave polis in Dublin anyway

Seperately on facebook last night a user posted a picture of himself with a badly swollen face, he had gotten beaten up at the Jervis Street Luas stop, same thing happened to his friend on a different night.

These are just the incidents we happen to hear about. We also have the topic of this thread, and didn't something else happen last week, staff in Insomnia were attacked? And the Brazlian guy on St Patricks day?

Is this the same gang? Or different gangs trying to be tougher than the other. Makes me sick!! How can this be stopped?

Anyone want to make a compilation of all of these stories to show to our potential tourists as a warning in place of our lovely new Wild Atlantic Way promotion vid??

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Corcaigh84

So so glad I don't live in our capital city.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭gugleguy

And the thread has'nt been closed yet. Who wants to bet and how much, that it stays open, until Easter Sunday? Cast lots anybody?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭kupus

You think its only happening in Dublin, Everywhere I see them, Every lil town that Ive passed Ive seen these feral rat bstards.
    All the same slack jawed, tracksuit wearing look, usually with a girl that can be seen from the moon pushing a pram.
    Imagine what that kid is going to be like. Years and years of Cradle to grave benefit system with light touch kiddie gloves when dealing with these scum have led to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

You'd swear the city was a warzone the way people are going on.

Yes there are incidents where bad stuff happens, but point me out a capital city where it doesn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭kupus

DrumSteve wrote: »

Yes there are incidents where bad stuff happens, but point me out a capital city where it doesn't.

What the **** is it with people that talk about other capital cities. I dont give a flying f88k about other countries cities. I do give a f88k about mine.

Its a sh1itehole and its needs to be fixed and pretty soon. or else the cash cows known as tourists will go somewhere else.

Tourism is a pretty fickle industry and it doesnt take much for a travel writer who has a bad experience on the streets of dublin and writes a bad opinion piece to impact on visitor numbers.

kupus wrote: »
    What the **** is it with people that talk about other capital cities. I dont give a flying f88k about other countries cities. I do give a f88k about mine.

Its a sh1itehole and its needs to be fixed and pretty soon. or else the cash cows known as tourists will go somewhere else.

Tourism is a pretty fickle industry and it doesnt take much for a travel writer who has a bad experience on the streets of dublin and writes a bad opinion piece to impact on visitor numbers.

Yeah but it's not a ****hole.

Sections of it can be bad, but as a whole it's a pretty nice city.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭Spring Onion

kupus wrote: »

+1 This is exactly the points that the Dubs don't get. Just because it happens elsewhere doesn't make it right. We have a small country and a small capital city - we can sort this, it can be fixed. If the 1st impression of Ireland is Dublin, the onus is on us to protect that 1st impression to safeguard the tourism industry. If I had my way, tourists would only be allowed land in Shannon, Cork, Knock and never be allowed past the Dublin (and Kildare) border.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Can't keep cutting and cutting and cutting the budget for the Gardai and expect to have a police force that can react in time to stuff like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

It happens everywhere, more so in the bigger cities, but there are places similar size to Dublin that would not be as bad......

You make it sound like its all ok? Do we just have to accept it? Gangs of skangers running riot?

+1 This is exactly the points that the Dubs don't get. Just because it happens elsewhere doesn't make it right. We have a small country and a small capital city - we can sort this, it can be fixed. If the 1st impression of Ireland is Dublin, the onus is on us to protect that 1st impression to safeguard the tourism industry. If I had my way, tourists would only be allowed land in Shannon, Cork, Knock and never be allowed past the Dublin (and Kildare) border.

Yeah because this sort of stuff never happens in Munster, eh?

I agree with most of above, except for last sentence, and I am sure Cork has its problems
    Can't keep cutting and cutting and cutting the budget for the Gardai and expect to have a police force that can react in time to stuff like this.

+1 on this, nowhere near enough cops to do the job right

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

If I had my way, tourists would only be allowed land in Shannon, Cork, Knock and never be allowed past the Dublin (and Kildare) border.

If you had your way, Irish tourism would be dead within six weeks.

Eight of the ten most popular tourist attractions are in Dublin. http://www.failteireland.ie/FailteIreland/media/WebsiteStructure/Documents/3_Research_Insights/1_Sectoral_SurveysReports/Visitors-to-tourist-attractions-2008-2012.pdf?ext=.pdf

• Advertisement

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    It happens everywhere, more so in the bigger cities, but there are places similar size to Dublin that would not be as bad......

You make it sound like its all ok? Do we just have to accept it? Gangs of skangers running riot?

It's hardly like the Crips and the Bloods now is it?

You don't have to accept it, make representations to your local politician the next time they come to your door that you find the inner city crime rate unacceptable.

I don't think it's okay either, but i'm not going to over-react considering I worked off O'Connell Street for 5 years I'd have a bit of experience in the area.

It's hardly like the Crips and the Bloods now is it?

You don't have to accept it, make representations to your local politician the next time they come to your door that you find the inner city crime rate unacceptable.

I don't think it's okay either, but i'm not going to over-react considering I worked off O'Connell Street for 5 years I'd have a bit of experience in the area.

I don't accept it....and I put it to every politician I see every chance I get, that the crime rate all over is too high. I just got the impression you seemed to think it was not too bad, if I picked you wrong, my apologies.

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    I don't accept it....and I put it to every politician I see every chance I get, that the crime rate all over is too high. I just got the impression you seemed to think it was not too bad, if I picked you wrong, my apologies.

Ah I'm used to what it's like at this stage, but I don't think that Dublin overall is a bad city.

As I said, it has some bad parts, but overall it's fine.

If you had your way, Irish tourism would be dead within six weeks.

Eight of the ten most popular tourist attractions are in Dublin. http://www.failteireland.ie/FailteIreland/media/WebsiteStructure/Documents/3_Research_Insights/1_Sectoral_SurveysReports/Visitors-to-tourist-attractions-2008-2012.pdf?ext=.pdf

Ah will you stop...it isn't about tourist attractions and footfall in a few particular places. Ireland is about driving around country roads, feeling relaxed, stopping in at lovely towns & pubs for some tasty grub, feeling safe, feeling like you got value for money, feeling welcome, feeling like you want to come back etc etc. It is driving the Dingle peninsula, stopping off at Inch, Dingle, Dunquin, climbing Mount Brandon, walking miles along an empty beach, eating the tastiest seafood you ever had, drinking creamy pints, lively music, great chat etc. It is driving out of Galway to Connemara and stopping off in Roundstone, Clifden, Leenane taking in the breath-taking scenery...crossing into Mayo, into lovely Westport, up the reek, cycling to Achill...magic....

It isn't about visiting the GUINNESS FCUKING STOREHOUSE (and getting abused by some skanger on the Luas on the way back)!

Ah will you stop...it isn't about tourist attractions and footfall in a few particular places. Ireland is about driving around country roads, feeling relaxed, stopping in at lovely towns & pubs for some tasty grub, feeling safe, feeling like you got value for money, feeling welcome, feeling like you want to come back etc etc. It is driving the Dingle peninsula, stopping off at Inch, Dingle, Dunquin, climbing Mount Brandon, walking miles along an empty beach, eating the tastiest seafood you ever had, drinking creamy pints, lively music, great chat etc. It is driving out of Galway to Connemara and stopping off in Roundstone, Clifden, Leenane taking in the breath-taking scenery...crossing into Mayo, into lovely Westport, up the reek, cycling to Achill...magic....

It isn't about visiting the GUINNESS FCUKING STOREHOUSE!

You do realise there is more to do in Dublin than see the Guiness Storehouse?

Sounds like your a slight bit biased there chief.

It isn't about visiting the GUINNESS FCUKING STOREHOUSE (and getting abused by some skanger on the Luas on the way back)!

Ah, now hang on, it aint all on the south/west coasts either:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

The sooner we arm Insomnia staff the better.

You do realise there is more to do in Dublin than see the Guiness Storehouse?

Sounds like your a slight bit biased there chief.

It was an example chief, it was #1 on the list provided. I have never been, I am sure its wonderful.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Sounds like something De Valera wrote .

• Advertisement

It was an example chief, it was #1 on the list provided. I have never been, I am sure its wonderful.

If you've never been how can you make a judgement on it?

Broaden your horizons a bit there, its not a junkies paradise up here anymore than Limerick is stab city.

Advertisement