Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your car here Part 4 (quote a picture, get a 24h ban!!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

Very nice looking A6. I'd do something about that brown wood-ish trim though. :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

GvidoR wrote: »
    Very nice looking A6. I'd do something about that brown wood-ish trim though. :P

I might have a look on fleabay/breakers yards and see what's available, but first up is to see can I get new buttons for the centre console. Every single one I looked at had worn buttons - not great quality plastics by the looks of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭jprboy

What year is the A6?

And what mpg can be got from these?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

It's a 2002 car. I don't know (and will do my best to ignore) the MPG. I'd say just over 30 though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,588 ✭✭✭tossy

Eoin wrote: »
    I might have a look on fleabay/breakers yards and see what's available, but first up is to see can I get new buttons for the centre console. Every single one I looked at had worn buttons - not great quality plastics by the looks of things.

Cruise control is a good retrofit for MPG and motorway cruising.

I just covered the wood trim in my old A4 with faux carbon fibre wrap from Ebay, looked a lot better than the wood trim.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,301 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

my boring 05 octavia motor, stuck new to me alloys on at the weekend old ones were pretty corroded.

325161.jpg

quite chuffed with skoda badges on the centre caps

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

Here's the new motor :cool::cool:

40AA2CDC12D343E4AC078EEFC3208429-0000363222-0003681302-01024L-56C33B51A5394B63A7D1423B062C05F6.jpg

Wonder if anyone recognizes it……

OSI wrote: »
    Rip the engine out and post a picture of the empty engine bay, might recognise it then :P

Looks well. Well wear!

Lol :D

Cheers. Better than my ****ty oul Primera anyway!:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Wahey nice one deb :)

Well wear!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Great to see it on the road :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Great to see it on the road :-)

...for now :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

...for now :pac:

In fairness its more solid looking than most of them ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

In fairness its more solid looking than most of them ;)

Yeah, the Titanic was incredibly solid looking when it left Belfast and look what happened that :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

Yeah, the Titanic was incredibly solid looking when it left Belfast and look what happened that :P

Lets not talk about that :o we didn't build that it was the nordies! :pac: Had it left dublin it'd be a different story :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

That 166 looks like it's ready to cry.

That 166 looks like it's ready to cry.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Congrats DZ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭Sobanek

Forgot to put this up yesterday :p

Nice 166! Congrats!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

Ded_Zebra wrote: »

About time:D

Here's the new motor :cool::cool:
    Wonder if anyone recognizes it……

Nice, well wear.

One suggestion: put the disk holders on the vertical, better visually that way IMO (this applies to all cars).

• Advertisement

jprboy wrote: »
    Nice, well wear.

One suggestion: put the disk holders on the vertical, better visually that way IMO (this applies to all cars).

You mean swap it to be horizontal? Yeah I agree, they look better the "normal" way.

You mean swap it to be horizontal? Yeah I agree, they look better the "normal" way.

:o

Yes !

What was in my head when I posted was "They're vertical, put 'em horizontal"

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Frankly my dear

Loved alpha's when I was a young 'un, nice DZ

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Loved alpha's when I was a young 'un, nice DZ

Males was it? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

out on site at hook lighthouse today (and the last few Thursdays). Car ferry is the handiest way there, it's a somewhat unusual experience.

20141016_111220.jpg

Finally got some pictures together of our new family bus :)

Still trying to figure out how to remove that piece of metal in the interior shot :/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

bear1 wrote: »
    Still trying to figure out how to remove that piece of metal in the interior shot :/

9 inch grinder :pac:. Looks like you'l have to take the radio out.

Nice motor. 2.2 diesel?

Interslice wrote: »
    9 inch grinder :pac:. Looks like you'l have to take the radio out.

Nice motor. 2.2 diesel?

:p The seller said the previous owner had a handsfree installed and that that is the remnants of it. So I'm thinking of either leaving it and maybe buy a phone holder or destroy the car so I can get rid of it :D
    Yep the 2.2, 117k on it and no signs of chain or manifold problems (yet) only issue for now is the EML coming on at certain times. Keep forgetting to get the codes read.

bear1 wrote: »
    :p The seller said the previous owner had a handsfree installed and that that is the remnants of it. So I'm thinking of either leaving it and maybe buy a phone holder or destroy the car so I can get rid of it :D
    Yep the 2.2, 117k on it and no signs of chain or manifold problems (yet) only issue for now is the EML coming on at certain times. Keep forgetting to get the codes read.

Nice car.

At least the previous owner didn't have the dash butchered for the sake of a car kit. Or in my case, twice! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭D16TURBO

Here's my GTI. I have it since March and love it. Probably the cleanest it will be for a while now the weather has changed :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement