Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your car here Part 4 (quote a picture, get a 24h ban!!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

I love CR-X's. That one looks like it's in a great shape too. Looking forward to more pics and info on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

GvidoR wrote: »
    I love CR-X's. That one looks like it's in a great shape too. Looking forward to more pics and info on it.

Yeah it's in quite good shape. Needs a bit of tidying up mainly the interior but not to much.
    Will get some pictures when the weather gets a bit better but between work and the weather I've hardly seen it yet.
    Still get a big dopey grin on my face every time I think of it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

You going to go for a classic policy on it?

You going to go for a classic policy on it?

Yeah as it's twenty five years old and will only be used for a runabout for myself at the weekends. Can't see Mrs Turkelton getting into it. She has been giving me some very funny looks the last couple of days.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

So I picked this up at the weekend...

Had one almost twenty years ago as my first car and have wanted another one since.:)

Well wear :) They are a lovely car, that one looks as if it's been minded. :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,040 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

CR-X is the first real car (I could potentially have) that I fell in love with.

Never had one, but damn I thought (and still do) they were sexy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭Slideways

Well wear Turk. There was a Mugen powered one around my town when I was a young fella. It had some note off it

So the straight pipe on the V8 was getting to me on long runs. Dynamated the floor, rear walls and doors. It's made a big difference. Hands are cut to shreds from the ally foil :-/

45F195AC-C992-4757-8A71-1033F4923DBD.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,539 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Slideways wrote: »
    [...] Dynamated the floor, rear walls and doors. It's made a big difference. [...]

Do you know what's a difference in car's weight now?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭Slideways

21kg

Not a lot in a 4x4 that weighs nearly 2.5ton :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,539 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

True, nothing major in a heavy 4x4. :)

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Bandito909

Yeah as it's twenty five years old and will only be used for a runabout for myself at the weekends. Can't see Mrs Turkelton getting into it. She has been giving me some very funny looks the last couple of days.

Lovely motor you got there Dr. Turk I'm well jeal!! :P
    Was it the one on DoneDeal with the read and black recovered seats?!

Any chance you could let us know how you get on with the Classic Policy on her, I really had an itch recently to have one of these with my DC2 :pac:

Bandito909 wrote: »
    Lovely motor you got there Dr. Turk I'm well jeal!! :P
    Was it the one on DoneDeal with the read and black recovered seats?!

Any chance you could let us know how you get on with the Classic Policy on her, I really had an itch recently to have one of these with my DC2 :pac:

No it wasn't that one it was there Sir one that was on donedeal. It has the cloth seats from the dual carb in it though.
    Got the classic insurance policy on it for €220.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Asmooh

So I picked this up at the weekend...

43Ifjyj.jpg

Had one almost twenty years ago as my first car and have wanted another one since.:)

Nice! B16A1?

Asmooh wrote: »
    Nice! B16A1?

Yeah, I'll get some proper pics up next week hopefully when the weather improves and I get some time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Asmooh

Yeah, I'll get some proper pics up next week hopefully when the weather improves and I get some time.

Nice, the vtec engine is awesome :) I had the same one I'm my old civic

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

The legacy of colm_mcm lives on in the motors forum

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭TheBigGreen

C66C41BB-2980-4065-A605-CADA41C14B27_zpsdv2javsx.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭duffman3833

i had that moment recently when i landed exactly on an even mileage like that as soon as i stopped at my house. Twas really satisfying :)

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭TheBigGreen

i had that moment recently when i landed exactly on an even mileage like that as soon as i stopped at my house. Twas really satisfying :)

I forgot that 180,000km was coming up, filled up with diesel reset the trip counter and got a surprise! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

wear well new sir turk only noticed the pics today! crx lover myself had 2 SIR and 2 dual carbies in the past - much much fun :D

• Advertisement

not too long ago I hit 222,222 km's

and she still drives like a dream!!

not too long ago I hit 222,222 km's

and she still drives like a dream!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Well if we're all posting recently hit 180ks:

aN3AbZYl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Gave her an auld wash today, was just tidying up there now and went to coil up the hose and it had frozen stiff!

IMG_20160211_182338.jpg
    IMG_20160211_182330.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

IMG_20160211_133623_zpspctlkavj.jpg

IMG_20160211_133540_zpsfrrhlphs.jpg

IMG_20160211_133555_zps930tllrj.jpg

Slow day in work :p

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭NickDunne

Gave her an auld wash today, was just tidying up there now and went to coil up the hose and it had frozen stiff!

http://s11.postimg.org/4gy6ijm5v/IMG_20160211_182338.jpg
    http://s27.postimg.org/x3j073ncz/IMG_20160211_182330.jpg

Jaysus lad I hope you used the 50 bucket method with whale sperm shampoo. May scrap her otherwise. :mad: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

NickDunne wrote: »
    Jaysus lad I hope you used the 50 bucket method with whale sperm shampoo. May scrap her otherwise. :mad: :pac:

I hit a fair big cardboard box on the motorway the other day... lets just say I dealt with it with the 1 brush method :)

IMG_20160211_130856.jpg

IMG_20160211_131152.jpg

IMG_20160211_130933.jpg

Just trolling, I didn't actually use a yard brush on the car.

I did use this Demon Shine kit though. Used the APC, wheel cleaner, foam shampoo, tyre shine and the Demon Shine itself. I won't derail this thread but I found the bits good. Obviously unacceptable for the detailing forum but for a fella who likes washing his car, i'd rate them. The shampoo was very very thick which I liked and the tyre shine is really wet looking but it feels heavy enough not to come off after the first shower. Everything smelt great :)

IMG_20160211_130324.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭CianDon

Finally got round to dropping the wee 106 into a good buddy of mine that's fairly hot with the compounding machine. Seeing as she's run faultlessly the past 2 weeks since I found the root of my vacuum leak issues and the sun is threatning to break out I said I'd treat her for Valentines hahaha I'd always have my cars looking clean, genuinely washed the Corolla 3 times one day a few years ago, but it's not until they're properly compounded that you trully see just how much dirt can linger in the paintwork. 3 cars he's done for me now and been delighted with each of them. https://www.facebook.com/RonanSDetailing for anyone around Cork. Anyway.....

24350106334_7daa0a05ab_c.jpg

24353838403_88691e9c57_c.jpg

24862711552_aacb6e5fec_c.jpg

24350106454_5ba61c78a7_c.jpg

Also, I was just passing through Mallow one of the days, bit of a highafter passing the college exams, and made a slight wrong turn and ended up accidently passing the door of EARS motersport. Thought it would have been rude to not call in for a look, and it was like a case of a kid in a sweet-shop. Of course I NEED a 3 point harness and deep dish steering wheel for my daily driver. All about the notion of running up the Col de Turini on the commute to work or college ;-)

24980784935_fb6bac2a7f_c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Ron Burgundy II

[IMG][/img]IMG_0923_zpsf8bjgppx.jpg

Two weeks old last Saturday and ticked over into the thousands now. Enjoying it so far. Feels strange looking at the odometer with hardly nothing on the clock. Last few cars had high milage with the last one at 135k km before I traded in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,396 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

What did you get again? Looks VW-ish?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement