Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your car here Part 4 (quote a picture, get a 24h ban!!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

Googled all my old car regs. Found absolutely nothing. :(

GvidoR wrote: »
    Googled all my old car regs. Found absolutely nothing. :(

I did for one of mine. Its now an industrial hose clip

Recycling gone wrong. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 73,439 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

A total coincidence, this came up on my Facebook a few minutes ago :)

image.jpg
    image.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

nice car colm, I got very excited as I thought you posted saying you were in the pic (ford guy) but alas it is not you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

nice car colm, I got very excited as I thought you posted saying you were in the pic (ford guy) but alas it is not you

Okay then............

• Registered Users Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

colm_mcm wrote: »
    A total coincidence, this came up on my Facebook a few minutes ago :)

Damn it Colm you will make me want to buy one again, still love the shape of them.

I know, I'd love one again!
    If classic insurance was doable I might. It's just finding a manual gpx in the right colour with a sunroof isn't that easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,202 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Those photos must have been taken years ago, a litre of petrol cheaper than diesel!

bazz26 wrote: »
    Those photos must have been taken years ago, a litre of petrol cheaper than diesel!

€1.199 for petrol. :eek:

Also strange to see a red pump.

• Advertisement

Red pump was ethanol. Pic from late 2007.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,111 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Had the 'pleasure' of driving this barge/tank on Wednesday/Thursday,
    new style XC90 D5 Twin Turbo with only 2600 miles on the clock when I picked it up.

23177358371_bf87f9902b_c.jpg
    23151825722_e43fb5c416_c.jpg
    22747291307_e2aec18511_c.jpg

fully touch screen console with phone, GPS & radio controls, instrument panel was also a fully LED display.

23151827022_16efd5e9ec_n.jpg
    22845632040_3a5bcbdbbb_n.jpg

Wasn't too keen on the 2/3 second delay from when I put the foot down, to when the thing actually started moving. Also felt like she was going to capsize from time to time when I took a bend enthusiastically.

I ended up putting 400 miles on the clock, mostly on the M25, which was surprisingly not as mental as usual.

Overall verdict: If I had to buy a big Volvo, I'd prefer to own an XC70

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭m-i-m-m-

Quick snap before work today, car's winter ready now :cool:

cIH2zKdd_9ndD0g3IVOWPtKD5i6MNMCOgDQ0w1-PqaCRZCApqBhoLNrPnhdOXqQSKa0yEHJF0M12KhuIRpoFMbJhZmNgWZiwaDi6VfRYuUO0Rj9jEUzq97aMpikwfHiGBb1SgpIEq9OyJwMXvbqnhKUuIg6nSW6fm3zuankpC0GT1e7xHIdVBU1Vd7D2seIDXI9pfQN6NSbEwtUXxkE6uTG_lVH668MsJakcP_UNlUG77PfBYlqbmgbr4Zs7XynzzdTlkrWxcjdKrVgSG_CVS62peW2GBTw95BamjVCNbHj43GSptJwu5CE60XqLhQvQgNaMw44S0MsxWeYZCpot6MnqrTx2OkaXNgLpTA4MX9gsnt_fHF0Mn2Iq_brMTsy8Te5dI90YC8n561uEg5EGn87VRLRI7C3UGLQieTt4fgALX8AaRrM6JQjtJWIAJNVVYgpAux56X43BJeXcgjo_E0mF6VcMaYqZeMZtAYLAQYS-umfA2eARDbHMw4fdiyrFTz73D_FcSbirMqUoYK-tZdh4ZDtdezwt0e_m2S20a7c=w1000-h695-no

Once again, I tip my hat to you, Mr. m-i-m-m-.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

I know, I'd love one again!
    If classic insurance was doable I might. It's just finding a manual gpx in the right colour with a sunroof isn't that easy.

Classic insurance is car and driver must be over 25years? FTO's hardly reached that age yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,863 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

job seeker wrote: »
    Classic insurance is car and driver must be over 25years? FTO's hardly reached that age yet?

You have to be 25 and over. Depending on car and age you can insure some 15 year old cars....

Some cars require you to be 30, or so one company told me :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,329 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

m-i-m-m- wrote: »
    Quick snap before work today, car's winter ready now :cool:

God damn I love that Levin. Must be the best kept example in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Seeing pictures of that Levin makes me want one.

It's so tastefully modified. A few on here think I don't rate Toyota (mainly because I think most of their standard stuff is pure sh1t) but that Levin is absolutely class.

I think I'll own one at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭m-i-m-m-

166man wrote: »
    Seeing pictures of that Levin makes me want one.

It's so tastefully modified. A few on here think I don't rate Toyota (mainly because I think most of their standard stuff is pure sh1t) but that Levin is absolutely class.

I think I'll own one at some stage.

There great cars, and cheap to buy and run, go for it. What I like most about it is after spending a good bit of effort getting the suspension, tyres, wheels etc setup... it handles really well but still glides down the motorway very comfortably without a rattle or vibration. Well worth the money spent on getting it just right.

I find it strange when people have a general dislike for an entire brand of car. I just love cars so much, I'd get serious satisfaction out of working on and having pretty much any car running well! Gimme a 1l micra and a bunch of tools and I'm happy out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

m-i-m-m- wrote: »
    There great cars, and cheap to buy and run, go for it. What I like most about it is after spending a good bit of effort getting the suspension, tyres, wheels etc setup... it handles really well but still glides down the motorway very comfortably without a rattle or vibration. Well worth the money spent on getting it just right.

I find it strange when people have a general dislike for an entire brand of car. I just love cars so much, I'd get serious satisfaction out of working on and having pretty much any car running well! Gimme a 1l micra and a bunch of tools and I'm happy out :)

I know where there's a 96 micra automatic lying up not running, sure I'll swap for your levin...

BTW, pic no longer working

• Advertisement

rizzodun wrote: »
    I know where there's a 96 micra automatic lying up not running, sure I'll swap for your levin...

BTW, pic no longer working

Lately I've been strangely interested in the K11 (especially pre-facelift) Micra's.

job seeker wrote: »
    Most of them are 20 years old (sales hit a huge peak in 95, so most youll see will be 95)
    Some companies will cover cars younger than 20, but normal insurance on FTOs was always comically expensive. (then again, so are body parts, so it figures)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,596 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

369179.jpg

369177.jpg

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,111 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

(In your best Attenborough voice)

It is now the season for the BMW driver to start feeling cautious, he knows that if the cold season starts early, he will have a long hibernation indeed.

Is that a JOU badge on the back?

Unregistered Users

GvidoR wrote: »
    Is that a JOU badge on the back?
    Yes, it is. :cool:

Is it made from a corolla badge?

Unregistered Users