Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your car here Part 4 (quote a picture, get a 24h ban!!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭rocky

CianRyan wrote: »
    Do a Chris Harria special on it.
    All the boost. :cool:

You probably know this, but different engine, SG's is the V8, CH did it to a newer version supercharged V6
    rizzee wrote: »
    [/IMG]

Was a full tank, did 478km since and that's my average l/100km

I bloody love this car!

525i? I'm closer to 15l/100km in the 530i :) short spins only.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Love it SG. Nice work dude! :)

Sell the 5er to FN, I hear he's collecting them now. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,289 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Big Nasty wrote: »

Some car alright. Completely debadged outside with no tacky silver S grilles which I never liked.

Louder than standard too. On test drive pedestrians were looking around for the exotic sounding sportscar with confused heads when a black audi estate went by.

Ticks all the boxes for me. 5'r was flawless too on the spin to carrick on shannon to get brothers 530d twin and limerick last night to see this. Great long distance cruiser.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

@Rocky it's a 523 :) I'm very happy with its consumption considering it's a 2.5.
    Same as myself, work is only 13km from the house so there and back 5 days plus whatever the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Nice S4 some dude on Autostadt owned that before and he spent a nice few pound on it keeping it A1..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

Big Nasty wrote: »

I'll give ya three fiddy :pac:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,064 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Another shot of the tank, this time at night, showing the cool little door lights (lights I didn't even know were on the car until after I bought it).
    do all 3 series have these lights, or just the M-Sport versions?

22640126538_0a1c47a44c_c.jpg

they only come on when the doors are unlocked, and they look much nicer in person, they fade on and off. and when on, they'd only stay on for about 10 seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Lovely looking motor SG! Wishing you many smiles per gallon in that bad boy! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,422 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Love that new motor SG. If I recall correctly, the man who bought your ST the last time around also owned that S4 for a little while too. He had Porsche wheels on it at one point! Beautiful machine, well wear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

That s4 is gorgeous. Even more win for it being a wagon! :D

You're pretending to be a grown up now I see :pac:

That s4 is gorgeous. Even more win for it being a wagon! :D

You're pretending to be a grown up now I see :pac:

Me: Put a deposit down on that Audi dad
    Mam: I thought you were buying a newer BMW, they look much more modern and fancy.
    Dad: <Grunt>, Is it a daysul one, what do ya need an estate for ?
    Me: Ahh no it's petrol it's an S4, 4.2 Petrol.
    Mam: <Sigh>
    Dad: WHAT ??? You can get a 4.2 CAR ?
    Me: Any chance of a lift to limerick the next day to pick it up ? :p

/Runaway :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭CIP4

Mam: I thought you were buying a newer BMW, they look much more modern and fancy.

At least you didn't get the usual Irish response.
    You: I'm buying an a4
    Them: is it a 1.9tdi ?
    You: no it's actually a 4.2 s4 generating 360bhp.
    Them: oh right pity.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

thank jebus you made your mind up at last you were driving me insane trying to help you find a rare v8 of some sort :D

looks stunning , subtle and quietly unassuming like an S car should :cool::)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

they only come on when the doors are unlocked, and they look much nicer in person, they fade on and off. and when on, they'd only stay on for about 10 seconds.

They do look great in person had them on my old 330 really stood out at night and had a lot of people pass comment on them.

Afaik they only cane on m sports but could be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,162 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Afaik they only cane on m sports but could be wrong.
    A guy I work with has them on his '05 non-MSport 320d. And its a fairly basically specced one at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

My 335 wasn't MSport and it had them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

I stand corrected :)

Must have just been an optional extra.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭JamieOS

CIP4 wrote: »

I know the feeling. My dad will own nothing but a Diesel. I'd go Petrol myself, but we buy our Diesel in bulk, so its well worth it for the savings (at least for a daily driver).

Placed a deposit on this today.

Was very impressed, can't wait to pick it up later in the week.

Nice S4! Absolute beashts of cars. Whats the spec along the lines of interior? I've been trying to grab a set of heated Recaros for my 02 A4 for ages. Its got the majority of extras already in it. I was lucky to find it. I'm in the process of installing the newer RNS-E sat nav into it to replace the RNS-D model. Its a right pain in the arse since some of the car needs re-coding.

Where did you find the S4, if you don't mind me asking? Was it online or through word of mouth? I've always got my eye on DungDeal, Adverts and Carzone for RS/S4s and the other RS/S Audis, but noting in my price range has some up in a long time, and stuff in general doesn't come up too often.

• Advertisement

CIP4 wrote: »

I know the feeling. My dad will own nothing but a Diesel. I'd go Petrol myself, but we buy our Diesel in bulk, so its well worth it for the savings (at least for a daily driver).

EDIT: Well there is one exception. He's got an old 86 Corolla DX, but that doesn't see much milage.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Rental for the next week or two. Got a Passat originally and really disliked it. Got the below instead which is actually better. Also based on an Insignia chassis which is excellent.

On the subject of rentals (if you's don't mind), I travel a lot (mainly to the U.K. nowadays), and rent cars all the time, as such I get quite well looked after (Hertz Manchester is the best). If the car is the nuts, I'll usually snap a few photo's of it.

I had this thing (among many others) for a few days last year

E350 AMG Sport Coupe

22981424705_3a8ee4455f_c.jpg
    22563046657_069bbaf1e3_c.jpg
    22967997462_2279f66d91_c.jpg

Absolute beast of a machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,290 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

You're making it very hard not to hate you Andy....

Vicxas wrote: »
    You're making it very hard not to hate you Andy....

Apologies.

I could have a thread full of photo's of rentals I've had!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭celticbest

A really big BMW and a Really small Toyota, how are you finding them, I have thought about getting an MRS/MR2 as a 2nd car since I cant import anything due to the Euro being so low.

The BMW is great day to day car and an even better Tourer, it just eats the road, I get at least 1,000km to a Tank!

The MR2 is great as a second car, my one is a UK import lovely for a 'Sunday' country road drive especially in summer with the hood down!

Just be careful before you buy, check for blue smoke as the ZZW30 engine is famous for Piston Rings going, I had mine just over a year and the ring in cylinder 3 went, I ended up getting a complete engine rebuild, Values, Piston rings all gaskets and timing chain replaced which all came to €1,250 that was about five months ago and it's running sweet since.

PS. Sorry for the delay replying....

celticbest wrote: »
    The BMW is great day to day car and an even better Tourer, it just eats the road, I get at least 1,000km to a Tank!

agree completely, my 320d above is such a lovely drive on a long road/motorway,
    it's got 221,000 km's on the clock, but still drives like new (compared to a lot of the rentals I drive).

just eats up the km's.

agree completely, my 320d above is such a lovely drive on a long road/motorway,
    it's got 221,000 km's on the clock, but still drives like new (compared to a lot of the rentals I drive).

just eats up the km's.

If I had to have a 4 pot diesel it would have to be a 320/520d. Great engine. That being said drive a 530d and there is no going back :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

If I had to have a 4 pot diesel it would have to be a 320/520d. Great engine. That being said drive a 530d and there is no going back :)

Is there no reverse?

I'll get my coat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

Some car alright. Completely debadged outside with no tacky silver S grilles which I never liked.

Louder than standard too. On test drive pedestrians were looking around for the exotic sounding sportscar with confused heads when a black audi estate went by.

Ticks all the boxes for me. 5'r was flawless too on the spin to carrick on shannon to get brothers 530d twin and limerick last night to see this. Great long distance cruiser.

It has a mill- exhaust fitted.

It's had a good life that car, owned by a few enthusiast and was even painted by one, just to freshen it up not for any repair reasons.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement