Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your car here Part 4 (quote a picture, get a 24h ban!!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

wow, that was immaculate looking, was a shame for you not to hold on to it :( probably only a 5 or 600cc was it?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,438 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Only 3 owners showing today. No mention of tax or NCT on carsireland though :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭Kaiser D

wow, that was immaculate looking, was a shame for you not to hold on to it :( probably only a 5 or 600cc was it?

I had it for a good while, and even on the day of selling I had thought about telling the seller I didn't want to go through with the deal, but in the end I did, and it went to a good home, though after that it got into the wrong hands, it was passed about a good bit, last I saw of it was on Donedeal last year in Tipp I think for €2500 or thereabouts, it had lost its original plates and it was looking a bit scruffy, I always had it spotless. It was actually 795cc!

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Only 3 owners showing today. No mention of tax or NCT on carsireland though :(

Yeah, I sold it with a good few months of NCT and tax on it, don't think it has had either since.
    It was passed around a bit to mad dodgy dealers or whatever, I remember a mate telling me about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Stanlex

My first car:
    mbl35u.jpg

Current car:
    25zqizd.jpg

Had this car for two days:
    2e2nrsl.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Donne

So beautiful, I tore mine apart today installing a reversing camera..... and didn't 100% finish it. (needs coding)

So many panels pulled off. Boot lining, boot carpets, boot panels, rear seats, rear bolsters, door sills, fuse box, footwell trim, head unit. Tomorrow it gets a wash. Ill post some good pics then.

Hi, I'm trying to get an OEM reversing camera that I had fitted by my local VW dealer.

Everything seems to work perfectly, for example the rear badge pops up to reveal the camer when reverse is engaged.

The problems is the VCDS coding; my garage rang VW and they refusued to give the code saying they don't support retrofits.

I was wondering if you will have better luck in getting the VCDS code, maybe you could let us know if you make progress on that.

Thanks.

• Moderators Posts: 12,371 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Donne wrote: »
    Hi, I'm trying to get an OEM reversing camera that I had fitted by my local VW dealer.

Everything seems to work perfectly, for example the rear badge pops up to reveal the camer when reverse is engaged.

The problems is the VCDS coding; my garage rang VW and they refusued to give the code saying they don't support retrofits.

I was wondering if you will have better luck in getting the VCDS code, maybe you could let us know if you make progress on that.

Thanks.

Sure. It should be listed here:
    http://touch.boards.ie/thread/post/90230959

Sorry, I'm on my phone so can't link 100%. The coding is in 37-navigation I think. Long coding, byte 3 or 4, bit 6. It says reversing camera in the description. Just back up your codes beforehand I'd you're not totally sure

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

If it fits, it sits.

IMG_0766_zps03d03481.jpg

IMG_0767_zpscd84d7c1.jpg

IMG_0770_zpscb35ef00.jpg

IMG_0771_zps2db747c6.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

My exact thoughts

aw a mini
    ooh
    that's a lotta gauges
    The hell is that in the boot?!

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Spike Witwicky

Mini Cosworth - Epic!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

My exact thoughts

The hell is that in the boot?!

:pac:

I reckon it's the fuel tank.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Racing fuel tank...

Am I the only one that spotted the carbon fibre arches?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

Am I the only one that spotted the carbon fibre arches?

Nope.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

I bloody hate minis.
    Everyone loves the bloody things.

CianRyan wrote: »
    I bloody hate minis.

Its the only British classic from any era that I don't like really.
    I do appreciate a well kept one, however.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Ah how can you not like a mini? they can be fitted with jap engines too :).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

I bloody hate minis.

That's not completely true. You are not the only one who dislikes or perhaps even hates Mini's, and at the same time everybody does not love Mini's.

Different people have different tastes. Not just about cars, for example I hate mushrooms, but there are people that love them. :P

I do not have strong feelings about a Mini either way. I don't hate them, I don't love them. I wouldn't own one though, unless I found one dirt, dirt cheap (it wouldn't be my daily though).

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

GvidoR wrote: »
    I hate mushrooms, but there are people that love them. :P

I hate mushrooms as well, but back on motors topic, I wouldn't drive a mini but I would drive that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Hal1 wrote: »
    Ah how can you not like a mini? they can be fitted with jap engines too :).

Mate of mine used to own one and he spent thousands on it over the years, racing engine and the works. He always banged on about how great it was, despite it never actually working.
    One day I got to drive it... It just left me numb.
    I can't look at one anymore without being irritated.

People always bang on about them handling like go carts but that's highly modified versions, standard ones feel like the old rickety econoboxes they are!
    Obviously the sporting variants are better but still.

And I know not everyone loves them but Jesus, they are one of the most loved cars of all time.
    They're bloody small, I don't care! The new ones aren't even in the super mini class!
    Fecking minis.

You can also fit Jap engines to Jap cars. :pac:

Sorry, I'm done for now. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

God i really love minis :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

Now from that super cool mini to one of the most boring cars on the forum!!!!

Here's the tractor in it's natural habitat :pac::pac:

F9154B88F73D4DE595E59B5BCD41C921-0000363222-0003558903-01024L-C5FEA7350CE940C6B2199F76EE0E23EB.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Jaysus that's a quaer amount of grass for this time of year! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Stanlex

Mate of mine used to own one and he spent thousands on it over the years, racing engine and the works. He always banged on about how great it was, despite it never actually working.
    One day I got to drive it... It just left me numb.
    I can't look at one anymore without being irritated.

People always bang on about them handling like go carts but that's highly modified versions, standard ones feel like the old rickety econoboxes they are!
    Obviously the sporting variants are better but still.

And I know not everyone loves them but Jesus, they are one of the most loved cars of all time.
    They're bloody small, I don't care! The new ones aren't even in the super mini class!
    Fecking minis.

You can also fit Jap engines to Jap cars. :pac:

Sorry, I'm done for now. :p

You must really hate Mini's. Haha

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭ugglasdav

get this thread up and going again, snapped this the other day

ok2ww5.jpg

Thats a very nice looking Corsa!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭almostover

My Vectra SRi 1.9 CDTi after a wash.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

JG0ia4B.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Love the look of the corsa :)

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Walshey96

Here's a pic of my Corsa :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

The S at a vag nerds get together t'other night.

13943076479_4db26b3e8a_c.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement