Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your car here Part 4 (quote a picture, get a 24h ban!!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

Yesterday, yes you did!
    However the day before would have been a funnier day. There was some "cargo" in the back...

Sheep?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭Cleveland Hot Pocket

Sheep?
    Of sorts, yes :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭Kaiser D

Of sorts, yes :P

2 sheeps then?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

A group of guys in masks?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭Cleveland Hot Pocket

CianRyan wrote: »
    A group of guys in masks?

Pretty much, but replace masks with cowboy hats....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Thetruthking

305686.JPG
    prob the most reliable car ive ever had! I keep her clean!!!
    she is just a 90bhp,, AHU engine but does the job! 219k on her!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭Zoney

Came out so well in the photos last weekend that we decided not to sell (succeeding in tracking down service history in the meantime helped too!) It has a year of NCT and running well, so was tempting to upgrade.

She's booked in now instead for timing belt and assorted mid life work next week.

We've only the one baby but it's a great family car, so much room inside, loads of boot space, but it doesn't look like a wagon on the outside. Nice smooth driving on long distances, and steers well for parking in the city. Headlight restoration next step on getting it looking like new :)

305690.jpg

car_frontside.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

That's a lovely example of a Laguna

Cleaned these wheels with oven cleaner!! Their where black before hand!!

Not my car, but all the receipts that exist for it. I'm arranging them into chronological order for a folder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Somebody likes their rolo? yogurts/ice cream :pac:

Yeah, lucky that didn't spill onto the carpet, stains carpets something terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

ba_barabus wrote: »
    Not my car, but all the receipts that exist for it. I'm arranging them into chronological order for a folder.

Why would you hold onto old tax discs ? What reason would a prospective buyer have for wanting to see them

Somebody likes their rolo? yogurts/ice cream :pac:

Hell no

Why would you hold onto old tax discs ? What reason would a prospective buyer have for wanting to see them

Just for a large history file. The previous owner and myself hold on to everything. Looks great to any future buyer.

Spent ages on the inside on Friday evening, especially on the chrome bits..... back to square one now though :(

2nsmftj.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

You should look into getting some of the titanium bits on fleabay, makes a huge difference to the interior!

You should look into getting some of the titanium bits on fleabay, makes a huge difference to the interior!

Often thought of it. Looked into changing the radio to the sony one, but that wouldn't work with the voice control and bluetooth, or so the lads on the Ford forum say. I was thinking about getting the black surround for around the gearstick and cup holders, jury's still out on that one. Have you any suggestions yourself? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Often thought of it. Looked into changing the radio to the sony one, but that wouldn't work with the voice control and bluetooth, or so the lads on the Ford forum say. I was thinking about getting the black surround for around the gearstick and cup holders, jury's still out on that one. Have you any suggestions yourself? :)

Could make them look like the facelift ones with some plastidip to see if you liked it?

Black does look nicer around the gear lever.

ba_barabus wrote: »
    Just for a large history file. The previous owner and myself hold on to everything. Looks great to any future buyer.

It defo does it's an impressive collection

• Advertisement

Could make them look like the facelift ones with some plastidip to see if you liked it?

Black does look nicer around the gear lever.

Would you believe I actually don't really like the facelifted grey, well it's ok, but wouldn't it look strange with everything else plastidipped grey and the radio and heater controls silver? I really love the titanium finish on the pre-facelift. I'm finding it awful hard to find the gear surround in black though...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

the historic tax disc collection is good proof for the new owner that the car never spent a long period lying up.

the historic tax disc collection is good proof for the new owner that the car never spent a long period lying up.

I think this shows up on car history checks now but having all the paper work is a nice thing to have for some. It would give me great confidence that an owner really went the extra mile with a car.

My 89 Alto had every tax disc from new, it was a nice touch tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

My 406 had every tax disc from 2004. I had them in the old holder until they mysteriously vanished one day :mad:

Kaiser D wrote: »
    My 89 Alto had every tax disc from new, it was a nice touch tbh.

any pics of the car, sounds cool!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

I'd also like to see pics of the tax disc collection. :)

GvidoR wrote: »
    I'd also like to see pics of the tax disc collection. :)

it's in this post :)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=90233630&postcount=314

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

I meant, Kaiser D's collection.

• Advertisement

Here you go. 1 owner from new, rescued from imminent death after the 90 year old driver had given up and his son wanted to scrap it. Pretty much "mint" inside and out, garaged literally every night of its life. The owner was a real character, one of my best experiences buying a car. It was my daily driver for a while, excellent little yoke to drive about in. Such a charming little car. Genuinely the best I have ever had. I'd buy it back in a heart beat.

Sorry Gvido, no photos of the tax discs or any such :(

13922156509_5e1c146171_z.jpg
    14105715952_60cc5f263d_z.jpg
    14105555701_35e5db7388_z.jpg
    14105696912_613a12cd26_z.jpg
    14128866953_8550761591_z.jpg
    14105549121_ff9d00c4ec_z.jpg
    14105548381_de9db2fbe7_z.jpg
    14105707822_07b99db07e_z.jpg
    14105539111_6975ccaba0_z.jpg
    13922115267_4b3d334ea1_z.jpg
    14105537521_34c8bcaf14_z.jpg

The 12,000 miles are completely legit btw.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement