Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why dont men admit they like muscle on women?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

stpaddy99 wrote: »
    no man ever admits they like female muscle especially not in public, its a taboo subject. cowards

Nobody will admit the world is really flat. They don't have the courage of their convictions.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,348 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

that's maybe because most of your opinions are given in private over the net

Huh?

There was no internet when I was in my late teens and early 20's:p. It was really only among teenage boys and girls going through puberty that I ever felt a need to 'conform due to peer pressure'. As an adult I have my own mind and tastes.
    Nothing wrong with having your own preference. It is noone elses business. For example I have a friend who likes older women (20+ years). A flying **** he does not give what anyone else thinks about it. Be yourself. Like who you like.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,545 ✭✭✭✭28064212

en have tremendous peer pressure to conform and be cool....its very RARE YOULL EVER HEAR A MAN ADMIT THIS TYPE OF THING ESPECIALLY IN A PUBLIC PLACE WITH HIS MATES
    It's so true. I've never once heard a man admit that they like their women to have horns, one leg, an ear in the middle of their forehead, and a penis. They're just afraid of what people will think of them. Oh, and anyone that disagrees with me is wrong, only people who agree with me are talking sense

Cover everything?

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭stpaddy99

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Huh?

There was no internet when I was in my late teens and early 20's:p. It was really only among teenage boys and girls going through puberty that I ever felt a need to 'conform due to peer pressure'. As an adult I have my own mind and tastes.
    Nothing wrong with having your own preference. It is noone elses business. For example I have a friend who likes older women (20+ years). A flying **** he does not give what anyone else thinks about it. Be yourself. Like who you like.
    good advice but men don't behave like that in groups they nearly always conform

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

paddy... are you 15?

• Advertisement

28064212 wrote: »
    It's so true. I've never once heard a man admit that they like their women to have horns, one leg, an ear in the middle of their forehead, and a penis. They're just afraid of what people will think of them. Oh, and anyone that disagrees with me is wrong, only people who agree with me are talking sense

Cover everything?
    no it covered nothing

paddy... are you 15?
    no I just have youthful good looks....I preseume youre pre pubescent

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,348 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Mod note - Ok guys roll it back a bit. No personalising.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

good advice but men don't behave like that in groups they nearly always conform

For someone posting in a forum dedicated to men, male issues and male health, you're making some pretty crass generalisations.

What you like aesthetically in a woman is rare. It's a niche. The vast majority of men do not like it. That doesn't mean they're conforming. It means they have different tastes to you. Why not just accept it? Men do not all like muscular women. Big fcuking deal.

For someone posting in a forum dedicated to men, male issues and male health, you're making some pretty crass generalisations.

What you like aesthetically in a woman is rare. It's a niche. The vast majority of men do not like it. That doesn't mean they're conforming. It means they have different tastes to you. Why not just accept it? Men do not all like muscular women. Big fcuking deal.

no im not at all. im asking for some genuine opinions on the actual topic

• Advertisement

no im not at all. im asking for some genuine opinions on the actual topic

That's not true though. You're essentially calling everyone who disagrees with you a liar/conformist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭saucers82

Thinks this is where I bail out. Te thread gone way off topic

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

we say shes fit, shes a fox, she has great legs, but we never go as far as to say her blubber turns me on?

I like bingo wings on a girl, big cankles and severe cellulite
    that being said I don't go for the bed-bound fatties or those into feeding

I also find people who talk about eating the most boring people on earth...do it ok but lets talk about something else

don't get me wrong I love womens hips and breasts and round juicy asses, but a bit of blubber goes a long way too.

this area and the sport of competitive eating too remains something of a taboo/cult in the mainstream? why don't we loosen up and say what we like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

Lightning from the Gladiators was nice.

Let it all out Seamus. We welcome all tastes in TGC. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭Evan DietrichSmith

seamus wrote: »
    we say shes fit, shes a fox, she has great legs, but we never go as far as to say her blubber turns me on?

I also find people who talk about eating the most boring people on earth...do it ok but lets talk about something else

don't get me wrong I love womens hips and breasts and round juicy asses, but a bit of blubber goes a long way too.

this area and the sport of competitive eating too remains something of a taboo/cult in the mainstream? why don't we loosen up and say what we like?

:eek:

Jaysus, Shamie!

Out in the back tanking the grog!!

Dead right though.

Pm sent :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,628 ✭✭✭Femme_Fatale

Cindy Phillips is a beautiful looking woman I think. But in my opinion her physique is not attractive (although bits of it are). However, fair play to her for her dedication, and I doubt she's particularly concerned whether strangers find it attractive/sexy. :pac:
    no man ever admits they like female muscle especially not in public, its a taboo subject. cowards
    lol at you for yet again jumping to the wrong conclusion
    I see I didn't jump to the wrong conclusion at all. You're saying because you have a particular taste, every other guy has the same taste and is lying that they don't, because they're afraid of what others think of them, rather than simply just... not having the same taste as you.

Cindy Phillips is a beautiful looking woman I think. But in my opinion her physique is not attractive (although bits of it are). However, fair play to her for her dedication, and I doubt she's particularly concerned whether strangers find it attractive/sexy. :pac:

I see I didn't jump to the wrong conclusion at all. You're saying because you have a particular taste, every other guy has the same taste and is lying that they don't, because they're afraid of what others think of them, rather than simply just... not having the same taste as you.
    I DONT WANT THEM TO agree with me, I want them to be more open about what they like and don't like. Regardless of my tastes, I think many answers here have been playing to the gallery and not entirely sincere.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

I DONT WANT THEM TO agree with me, I want them to be more open about what they like and don't like. Regardless of my tastes, I think many answers here have been playing to the gallery and not entirely sincere.

Why do you assume that though? What would it take to prove to you that there are just some things that not that many men are into (e.g. female bodybuilders)? There's nothing wrong with the fact that you find that attractive, it's just not a widely-shared opinion. Bear in mind that this is an anonymous message board, there's really not that much pressure to appear cool to other men.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,628 ✭✭✭Femme_Fatale

I DONT WANT THEM TO agree with me, I want them to be more open about what they like and don't like.
    And how have they not been honest?
    Regardless of my tastes, I think many answers here have been playing to the gallery and not entirely sincere.
    You have absolutely no basis for this, other than not liking that others don't have the same taste as you.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

IMO there is a limit to how toned or muscular a woman is before it starts becoming unattractive.

I went to college with a girl who was an athlete. Amazing body, very toned body without any obvious bulging muscles and combined with a very attractive face. Was definitely one of the better looking girls in the college.

A few years later I bumped into her and she had gone onto be a full time professional athlete. The difference was crazy. Gone were the subtled toned limbs, now replaced with bulging muscles with large veins running across the top in her arms and legs. Her stomach was a solid six pack. She had lost all her attractive feminine features from what I could see. Even her face had changed and not for the better.

Definitely not attractive anymore. Almost every guy I knew had the same opinion.

OP, there are limits for some people and even if you dont agree, so what? They are entitled to their opinion just like youre entitled to yours. Trying to ram your opinion down peoples throats is certainly not going to change their minds or convince them otherwise.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

You dont know me so how can you say I'm "playing to the gallery" or not being sincere? Honesty OP its none of your business what I find attractive and don't find attractive.

First you're preached to posters about what they should find attractive in one post, then you're saying you don't want them to agree with you in another. The next thing you're saying that if they don't they are essentially lying and playing to a crowd?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

I literally LOLd at this. Still LOL'ing. Fair play to ya!

Take it from a fan of muscular women and female bodybuilders. Not many men find muscles on women attractive. Before I had a similar thought (if I like it surely every man must) but logic and experience has shown me this is not to be the case. I'd love if it were but it's not. Just happy the internet is around. You wouldn't believe how difficult it was to see a muscled girl pre internet.

saucers82 wrote: »
    These girls are very rare. Once I did. A long time ago alas

this is my (controversial i know) pin up girl

mod snip - see post #61

sorry mod. here it is properly

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    IMO there is a limit to how toned or muscular a woman is before it starts becoming unattractive.

I went to college with a girl who was an athlete. Amazing body, very toned body without any obvious bulging muscles and combined with a very attractive face. Was definitely one of the better looking girls in the college.

That's true, and it's not just men who this applies to either. If you ask women what they find attractive, most of them will reply with more or less the male version of what you described. They like a guy who is toned but without any serious muscle showing through. This is why Abercrombie and Fitch or Calvin Klein underwear models don't look like pro bodybuilders.

When men use words like "fit" to describe women, they mean she's in good shape. She's not fat, slim wasteline, tightly toned bum, whatever. OP seems to think "great legs" means cyclist legs, even though I think most lads say this to mean long slender legs. If you google "legs for days" you'll get some idea of what this means. I'm sure it takes work to get them looking like that but they look long and delicate, it doesn't look like they're squatting 4 times your bodyweight. As for saying "she's a fox", I don't see how this implies muscle at all. Foxes are light little animals, they're fast but not that strong. Calling a girl a fox means you think she's cute but more to the point it's just saying that she's mischievous and flirty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭NordieSteve

Don't like muscular women at all.

I love curvy women with pale skin, massive blue eyes are a plus, great smile and it helps if they have a great laugh.

Filthy sense of humour is a must, the not easily offended type. This is one of the most difficult things to find in Ireland, prudes galore in our wee nation. :D

this may sway a few..that muscles can be sexy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭NordieSteve

saucers82 wrote: »
    this may sway a few..that muscles can be sexy

Not my thing atal, I like soft skin on my woman.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement