Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why dont men admit they like muscle on women?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭saucers82

although i dont agree with the OP and tend to agree with Morf, i think there is no denying in recent times that females with a bit more muscle are becoming a bit more mainstream - that's what i take from all this.

and the fact this is in my opinion becoming more mainstream it allows guys like myself not to feel embarrassed about being attracted to fit/muscled women.

sin é my two cents

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Alf. A. Male

stpaddy99 wrote: »
    finally some sincere responses , have a thanks

Responses are only sincere if you imagine they support your ideas? Will you go way outta that. The other responses were, I'm sure, quite sincere, they just disagreed with your ridiculous notion that men find something in particular about women attractive but for some reason won't admit it.
    I stand by what I said 100%

In spite of having no logic to support it and the overwhelming weight of responses in this thread showing your hypothesis to be nonsense.

Men find different things about women attractive and find combinations of different things attractive in different women. That's not rocket science. The idea that you've somehow recognised something about all men that they simply won't admit is frankly laughable.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,937 ✭✭✭OldRio

Morf wrote: »
    I'm not sure how your logic works there that someone who agrees with you to a point is the "sincere" minority.

Lads like extremely thin ladies, petite, tall, "curvy" to use an awful phrase and there are even those with an attraction to women with quite a large BMI.

There is no set attraction for men although certain traits tend to be more appealing through evolutionary psychology or current trends as has been discussed.

If you like ladies with greater muscle definition then knock yourself out. Expecting others to validate your choice en masse isn't too likely to happen. Accept your preferences and don't give a thought for others' opinions or remarks when it comes to it.

This.
    We all like different types of women. The OP should embrace this. Just at a guess, but if the OP had worded the title differently he might have had a better response.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Alf. A. Male

OldRio wrote: »
    This.
    We all like different types of women. The OP should embrace this. Just at a guess, but if the OP had worded the title differently he might have had a better response.

Unlikely, since the ludicrous notion that men have some universal attraction to muscular women which they are, for some unidentified reason, afraid to express, didn't stop at the title but was carried on through the OP. It was actually addedd to by a more general, but no less baseless, idea that men are for some reason repressed about saying what they're attracted to in women.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,318 ✭✭✭Tefral

It's a fine line for me OP. I'd prefer the look of Jen Selter over say Paige Hathaway for example.

The big thing for me is is a girl looks fit then she at least looks after herself. Laziness is not something I find an attractive quality, so if she looks fit then she is more likely to be motivated*, and motivated people are generally more successful at all things they do.

*Medical issues aside.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

finally some sincere responses , have a thanks

Just because people disagree with you, it doesn't make their response insincere.

I'm female, and I'm chubby (size 14). I have very defined calf muscles due to lots of running and being on my feet 10+ hours a day in work. I hace toned biceps too, but fat triceps so you don't notice it unless I flex.

No matter how much weight I lose, though, I have very big breasts, hips and an ass.

My oh loves them. He says he loves how toned my legs are, but would hate if the rest of me were that toned, simply because he doesn't fancy muscular women. He even jokingly discouraged me from doing weights although, realistically, he supports everything I do.

Ultimately, not everyone likes the same thing.

From a female perspective, I don't like very muscular men. My bf is quite muscular, very toned and defined legs, arms and so on, but no six pack. I'd honestly find him less attractive if he had one. He doesn't have a beer belly (flat stomach actually), but he's not massively toned in his abs area, which I'm glad about.

We don't all like muscular people.

I'd imagine that the amount of men who like muscular women are in the minority tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,937 ✭✭✭OldRio

Unlikely, since the ludicrous notion that men have some universal attraction to muscular women which they are, for some unidentified reason, afraid to express, didn't stop at the title but was carried on through the OP. It was actually addedd to by a more general, but no less baseless, idea that men are for some reason repressed about saying what they're attracted to in women.

Whilst I agree with you, I was trying to be diplomatic.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭smokie72

Personally myself I find women with muscles a big turn off. Makes them look too masculine for my taste. Different strokes for different folks I guess. As another poster said I like a women who looks after herself. They usually look after other aspects of their lives as well.

google Cindy Phillips, you will see where i am coming from :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

saucers82 wrote: »
    nope, nasty. they all are, it's just not nice to look at and i don't imagine most women want to see the bodybuilder look either. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,321 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Bodybuilder type I would say no as it seems to be a very unhealthy lifestyle and imo femininity is lost. Toned, fit muscle Yes.
    Healthy body healthy mind and all that, although a one dimensional fitness freak wouldn't be my cup of tea either.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    although a one dimensional fitness freak wouldn't be my cup of tea either.
    +1. Like any personal obsession it starts to get old real quick and the tendency I've noticed is to overdo it.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

although i dont agree with the OP and tend to agree with Morf, i think there is no denying in recent times that females with a bit more muscle are becoming a bit more mainstream - that's what i take from all this.

and the fact this is in my opinion becoming more mainstream it allows guys like myself not to feel embarrassed about being attracted to fit/muscled women.

sin é my two cents

A bit more muscle? Your idea of a bit more muscle is obviously different to mine. :pac:

Cindy Phillips is obviously a bodybuilder.

When I think of a bit more muscle, I think of Jessica Biel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

A bit more muscle? Your idea of a bit more muscle is obviously different to mine. :pac:

Cindy Phillips is obviously a bodybuilder.

When I think of a bit more muscle, I think of Jessica Biel.

A bodybuilder, and deliberately dehydrated to accentuate the muscles in a lot of those pics.

Jessica biel would be what I'd consider a well toned woman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Oh God, I wouldn't find her (Cindy) attractive at all!!

Edit: Jessica Biel, she's a fine bitta stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭maximoose

I honestly cannot see how you possibly find that attractive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Are you talking about Jessica Biel????

Jaysus no!!! :D I have clarified my post ^^^^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Maphisto

Nah not my thing really. I find it quite off putting. Be handy though if I had some heavy lifting to do, or getting the turf saved.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

I like women with muscles. Without them, they'd just flop down on the ground and not move.At least they wouldn't be able to complain about it </sexist boom boom>

Different strokes for different folks - you'd never get everyone to agree on anything. And even what "the majority" agrees on will change over time. Chances are, over the ages pretty much every kind of figure/appearance was considered attractive at some time. Skinny, heavy, muscular, tall, short....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

It kind of applies to both genders though. I don't mean to 'dis' bodybuilders but, sometimes I think it can look a BIT weird when you start to look like your muscles are going to explode out of your arms at any moment.

There is a happy medium 'fit and toned'.

• Advertisement

ha. I was playing it safe with Cindy - she would fall into the category "as perhaps the most acceptable to non female muscle believers" lol
    anyway we are all different.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,355 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Cindy Phillips has more muscle than a lot of men, her face looks very mannish as well, not many would find her attractive I would imagine.

I watched a programme about female bodybuilding, they lose their boobs and ass when the muscle is packed on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

Nothing wrong with an athletic woman with a bit of muscle tone, but that Cindy Philips is far too much.

Daveysil15 wrote: »
    Nothing wrong with an athletic woman with a bit of muscle tone, but that Cindy Philips is far too much.

There's a lot bigger than her believe me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

There's a lot bigger than her believe me

Indeed there is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,628 ✭✭✭Femme_Fatale

Maybe the OP means women with a fit, muscular but very sculpted body, like Jessica Biel.
    But if he means women who have a very noticeable bulky muscular frame and aren't curvy, well lots of men don't find such a physique attractive, and lol at the OP for insisting all men do, just because he does.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭stpaddy99

Maybe the OP means women with a fit, muscular but very sculpted body, like Jessica Biel.
    But if he means women who have a very noticeable bulky muscular frame and aren't curvy, well lots of men don't find such a physique attractive, and lol at the OP for insisting all men do, just because he does.
    lol at you for yet again jumping to the wrong conclusion

• Registered Users Posts: 7,805 ✭✭✭Calibos

lol at you for yet again jumping to the wrong conclusion

Well for the love of all that is holy would you bloody well clarify what you mean then.

If you are talking about Jessica Ennis 'Muscled' women then we may all have been agreeing without realising it. If you are trying to imply that we all really fancy that Linked Cindy figure and were all just in denial then you Sir are the most deluded, self validatiing attempting, stubborn, won't admit their wrong, defensive so and so I think I've ever come across on boards. :D

Post some pictures. If it turns out our preferences broadly match yours then it turns out its just miscommunication between all of us. If we don't fancy any of your linked female bodies then its not a sign we are deluding ourselves, its a sign your hypothesis is simply wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,321 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Mod note - Lads if you are going to post pics please upload the picture rather than posting links. Cheers

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement