Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why dont men admit they like muscle on women?

Options
12346»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Wibbs wrote: »
    Since opinions are flying back and forward about ideals and attraction... OK they're not roided up and such, but "nice looking", really? Maybe it's just me. Annnyway, moving on.
    It looks like a promo poster for the new season of Love/Hate. Says it all really.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

I will post pictures of Alice Eve which may change your mind.

I did a google search. Although the photo for Star Trek is quite nice the ones of her on the beach a bit softer around the edges aren't any less appealing.

I tend to find actresses/models really attractive on tv/film but in stills they can look quite plain (comparatively) to me. It can be barely perceptible cues in motion that I find really attractive that are missing in stills.
    C14N wrote: »
    Do you mean you just don't like seeing them in action? I can understand that maybe you don't like seeing how your sausage is made but it's hard to argue with the results sometimes. Surprised nobody has mentioned Jen Selter a.k.a. the lady with the most famous bum on Instagram.

Good analogy I suppose. The results are glorious although the proliferation of skin-tight leggings is a double edged sword.

I'll go off on a slight tangent here but there's an Italian girl I know who has become a gym obsessive instagramming her gym gear and regular selfies in the gym. Seeing her become so obsessed with getting a defined stomach and bottom and general vanity around that is quite off-putting. She's absolutely stunning but I just find the whole obsessional thing a bit much to be honest (stpaddy ;) )

Who am I to judge though! I'm sure she doesn't give two s^%ts if it's attention she wants.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,369 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Wibbs wrote: »
    Since opinions are flying back and forward about ideals and attraction... OK they're not roided up and such, but "nice looking", really? Maybe it's just me. Annnyway, moving on.

Well if this thread has proved anything it's that men have different views on what's attractive.

Daveysil15 wrote: »
    Now this girl is hot.

Watched the video with proper attention and honestly the best part was when she stopped looking deliberately serious and smiled a couple of times.
    Well if this thread has proved anything it's that men have different views on what's attractive.

I think that would have been a pretty accurate prediction before any particular niche interest would ever be suggested.

Vive la différence at the end of the day!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,369 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

It was more in reply to Wibbs really, I found the women in the pic attractive and I don't think he did.

• Advertisement

It was more in reply to Wibbs really, I found the women in the pic attractive and I don't think he did.

Which is fine, I was just speaking generally riffing on your point about a spectrum of different attractive features for men (and women).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

Morf wrote: »
    Watched the video with proper attention and honestly the best part was when she stopped looking deliberately serious and smiled a couple of times.

Ahh ye can't be smiling when you're going through the pain barrier. She's a hardcore athlete. But yeah I see what you mean. Still an attractive young woman though.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Sure GG, I'm all for egalitarianism and backing off from some imposed tyranny of beauty etc, but when was decidedly average(and that's being kind) deemed so? Obviously I'm just going on the visuals here, just as I was when discussing the Mary Muscles and Rachel Roids before.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Daveysil15 wrote: »
    Ahh ye can't be smiling when you're going through the pain barrier. She's a hardcore athlete. But yeah I see what you mean. Still an attractive young woman though.

Depends if you're a masochist or not! ;)

I'm not wild on her bodyshape (not wider at hips at all) but her facial features when she smiles get a thumbs up.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

Following a mod discussion, I'm going to close this thread.

It has gone off topic and descended into the discussion of indivivual females attributes rather than the topic as a whole. Some of the attitudes expressed in this thread are not what we want in tGc.
    Any clarification needed, feel free to pm me or any of the other mods.

Sauve.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement