Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why dont men admit they like muscle on women?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Well Jessica Ennis would be a good candidate

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

saucers82 wrote: »

There's no way that's all natural, i.e. no steroid use.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭maximoose

Jennica Ennis would be what I consider a muscley woman, and yes she is attractive.

But what OP has posted so far (Cindy Philips and Mavi Gioia) - It baffles me. Junked up, unnatural physiques that are bordering on the ridiculous.

Edit: Sorry, was saucers posting those links not the OP!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

No thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭maguic24

But a toned woman has muscles......not Jodie Marsh muscles but she will have some muscle definition. Otherwise she'd be skinny fat. Ewww.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭saucers82

Caliden wrote: »
    There's no way that's all natural, i.e. no steroid use.

I don't deny that

maximoose wrote: »
    Jennica Ennis would be what I consider a muscley woman, and yes she is attractive.

But what OP has posted so far (Cindy Philips and Mavi Gioia) - It baffles me. Junked up, unnatural physiques that are bordering on the ridiculous.

i'm not the OP

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭Calibos

It also must be clarified that it's not the muscles of Jessica Ennis that make me find her attractive. I find her attractive despite her muscles. Her 'permanent' muscle tone is just below my 'too muscley for a woman threshold'. :D ie. I'd find her more attractive with the same overall shape but less visible muscle tone.

It's a subjective grey are which makes it hard to now if we're at cross purposes with the OP or simply don't agree.

EG. Permanent very defined thigh and calve muscles on a woman do nothing for me and are borderline unattractive to me. A woman without same but who say stretches in her knickers after getting out of bed and which pops her calve and thigh muscles into definition momentarily?? [shivers with arrousal] :D

Wibbs probably hit the goldilocks zone with his dancers/Tennis players physique analogy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

Extremely muscular women are very rare anyway. It's not like you'd meet any in Coppers. If that is a prerequisite of what you're looking for in a partner then you'd be searching for a long time.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Jesus. Ehhhh no. Just no. A perfect example of taking it too far. Plus her need to shave of a morning would put you off.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

maximoose wrote: »

Edit: Sorry, was saucers posting those links not the OP!

YUCK and I'm female.

I'm quite slim but fairly muscular in terms of strength, but don't have big bulging muscles like that

My OH is slightly obsessed with Jessica Ennis and follows her events as he thinks she is just lovely

I think it's perfectly acceptable for women to have good musculature without looking unfeminine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

The tide wouldn't take her out. She'd be too strong for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Jessica Ennis Hill I might add

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭stpaddy99

of femaous sportswomen id say Steffi graf had lovely legs, denise lewis incredible body , face etc sally gunnel nice legs, whereas serena Williams whilst obviously powerful fit etc is too much bulk for me, shed eat me alive

denise lewis defo

well according to some here it seems denise lewis must be fugly? because she has some hard muscle? bizarre

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Men in not-all-having-the-same-taste shocker.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

stpaddy99 wrote: »
    well according to some here it seems denise lewis must be fugly? because she has some hard muscle? bizarre

Not finding her especially attractive because of her body make-up and shape and calling her "fugly" are two very different things. I suggest you take a moment to consider the difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭constance tench

Feel so alone in my taste lol. Ah well

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,348 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Feel so alone in my taste lol. Ah well

Haha nothing wrong with having different tastes to others.
    I would think (and apologies for making a generalisation with no supporting data) that body builder girls would go for body builder guys?

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Haha nothing wrond with having different tastes to others.
    I would think (and apologies for making a generalisation with no supporting data) that body builder girls would go for body builder guys?

These girls are very rare. Once I did. A long time ago alas

this is my (controversial i know) pin up girl

mod snip - see post #61

Men in not-all-having-the-same-taste shocker.
    no man ever admits they like female muscle especially not in public, its a taboo subject. cowards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

no man ever admits they like female muscle especially not in public, its a taboo subject. cowards

Plenty of men admit it. Plenty more don't like it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

You need to understand that you have a taste in women which is contrary to popular opinion. The vast vast majority of men simply do not like female bodybuilders.

I don't really know why anyone would be 'afraid' to admit it. It's a pretty niche taste - I don't know why you find this so offensive.

I don't really know why anyone would be 'afraid' to admit it. It's a pretty niche taste - I don't know why you find this so offensive.
    en have tremendous peer pressure to conform and be cool....its very RARE YOULL EVER HEAR A MAN ADMIT THIS TYPE OF THING ESPECIALLY IN A PUBLIC PLACE WITH HIS MATES

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,348 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Men have tremendous peer pressure to conform and be cool

Do we? I have never felt that (since I was a teenager anyway).

en have tremendous peer pressure to conform and be cool....its very RARE YOULL EVER HEAR A MAN ADMIT THIS TYPE OF THING ESPECIALLY IN A PUBLIC PLACE WITH HIS MATES

You need new mates I'd say. Me and my mates all have very different taste in women, which works out pretty well since we never end up fighting over them.

• Advertisement

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Do we? I have never felt that (since I was a teenager anyway).
    that's maybe because most of your opinions are given in private over the net

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement