Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Feral scum attack temple bar cafe owner for no reason (CCTV footage)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭franklyon

Looking at the problem from an outside perspective now (I used to work in Temple Bar) what is needed is stronger police powers, nothing like that would happen in France or the United States.
    Why? because you know if a group are causing mischief a van pulls up five or six baton wielding police get out and beat the crap out of the the mischief makers. CCTV is everywhere and once a problem arises, the police are dispatched there and the problem ends quite swiftly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭moc moc a moc

As usual on AH, everyone is all mouth and no trousers. If anyone here is actually serious about wanting changes to be made, don't waste time arsing around and venting on boards - contact your local TDs. Demand that they explain why two little sh1tbags who were caught on camera attacking a tourist were released without charge. Demand that they consider the logic behind allowing these gangs of feral scum to congregate in Temple Bar and other central locations popular with locals and tourists. The police will not do anything without pressure from the government. The government will not do anything without pressure from the public. It's down to us to generate that pressure.

Stop wasting everyone's time pissing and moaning on ****ing boards and put some effort into your complaints. Put regular pressure on the people who are in a position to make changes, and maybe some day changes will be made.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

our boys in blue are always left to do their job unless they step out of line, doormen on the other hand have no rights and thats how it needs to be.

First off no they're not left alone to do their jobs, the guards have constant interference from idiots who think they know better.

Bouncers have the same powers of citizens arrest as anyone else.. If someone assaults you, robs you, spikes your drinks etc you'll be damned pleased to see me detain the scumbag for the cops.

What pricks DON'T have the right to do is decide upon themselves that because I'm a bouncer that I'm in the wrong and decide to throw in a few sly kicks for good measure.

But maybe you know better, ya know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

As usual on AH, everyone is all mouth and no trousers. If anyone here is actually serious about wanting changes to be made, don't waste time arsing around and venting on boards - contact your local TDs. Demand that they explain why two little sh1tbags who were caught on camera attacking a tourist were released without charge. Demand that they consider the logic behind allowing these gangs of feral scum to congregate in Temple Bar and other central locations popular with locals and tourists. The police will not do anything without pressure from the government. The government will not do anything without pressure from the public. It's down to us to generate that pressure.

Stop wasting everyone's time pissing and moaning on ****ing boards and put some effort into your complaints. Put regular pressure on the people who are in a position to make changes, and maybe some day changes will be made.

But how do you know people have not complained?.

People complain all the time, particularly the people closest involved but for various reasons we're ignored.

Week in week out I hear complaints from tourists about the shocking amount of junkies and dealers on the streets, they're not complaining to their local TD of course but I'd hope their concerns are somehow getting through to the relevant authorities.

Simply put no one in government gives a flying f*ck about the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,741 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Seriously put them down and sterilize their parents, whats the problem with a little forced darwinism?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,997 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

VinLieger wrote: »
    Seriously put them down and sterilize their parents, whats the problem with a little forced darwinism?
    no, no, no, no, the garbage truck suggestion a bit back is a much better idea

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭bri007

Country is gone to the dog, I parked my car for 15 minute just there,and returned to see 3 little Sh9ts running away from it, they had broken my mirror of from the door, I then released there was 4 other cars with the same faith :( they were no more than 15 years of age, they were well gone,ran into a block of flats! Its either i am getting old and jsut paying for attention to things, but i genuinely believe dublin city, in general is getting very bad

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

If that clip showed the guards or bouncer's assertively move these people along most of you here would be up in arms about bully's and power trips.

Er, no we wouldn't.
    Beating peaceful reclaim the streets hippies etc you might have a point.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 cram_13

Can I start by saying that the fact that they're not including footage of the attacks made on the group by the cafè owner before hand. Some of my friends are part of this group ,and before anyone says ''they're just a stupid teenager sticking up for their friend'' , you should know why this is going on with the cafè owner. About a month ago my friend, who is only 15, knocked down the sign outside and the owner, a fully grown man, ran out, pinned him against the wall and start shouting in his face. Another time the group were sitting on the public bench outside when the sign was knocked over again . The owner came outside and an argument started. It ended with the owner hitting two of the girls in the head with a chair. Neither of these incidents were given to media except for the one that shows the owner being attacked.
    Just four days ago i was there when the man was trying to threaten us with his two large dogs once he noticed that one of the girls was afraid. He constantly kept coming outside and standing there with them.
    So before people start assuming that this was just a random attack by ''feral scum'' on an innocent man, they should listen to both sides of the story.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

cram_13 wrote: »
    Can I start by saying that the fact that they're not including footage of the attacks made on the group by the cafè owner before hand. Some of my friends are part of this group ,and before anyone says ''they're just a stupid teenager sticking up for their friend'' , you should know why this is going on with the cafè owner. About a month ago my friend, who is only 15, knocked down the sign outside and the owner, a fully grown man, ran out, pinned him against the wall and start shouting in his face. Another time the group were sitting on the public bench outside when the sign was knocked over again . The owner came outside and an argument started. It ended with the owner hitting two of the girls in the head with a chair. Neither of these incidents were given to media except for the one that shows the owner being attacked.
    Just four days ago i was there when the man was trying to threaten us with his two large dogs once he noticed that one of the girls was afraid. He constantly kept coming outside and standing there with them.
    So before people start assuming that this was just a random attack by ''feral scum'' on an innocent man, they should listen to both sides of the story.

Word of advice:
    Find new friends and a new place to congregate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,997 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

so your little ferrel friends kept harassing him until he cracked, that sounds more like it, tell your little friends not to hang round there, problem solved, as they attacked this owner they now have to pay by being locked up and hopefully the key thrown away. i don't believe your story what so ever

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭pale blue dot cotton

I'm young. Hasn't this kind of stuff always been happening?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭moc moc a moc

the owner hitting two of the girls in the head with a chair. Neither of these incidents were given to media

Because this never happened.

Stop lying to try to cover your worthless knacker friends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭Push Pop

Enough with the bullsh1t. You are all scum. Enjoy the rest of your life on the dole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭obplayer

I'm young. Hasn't this kind of stuff always been happening?

To some extent yes but when I was growing up you understood that if you knocked down a shop owner's sign and / or kept harassing him you would get a kick up the arse or a hard belt on the ear. The difference today is that the young doing these things want no consequences; worse, they want to be able to do what they want and then call on the law to defend them from people trying to make a living. If you want to behave like a piece of sh1t then be prepared to take the consequences, don't go running away crying "mummy mummy, nathty man wath howiid to me."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭obplayer

What was he supposed to do with a collection of sh1t destroying his livelihood? With a group of loud mouthed gob****es at the door who is going to come in to his premises?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,059 ✭✭✭WilyCoyote

A whipping, hard labour and a public apology.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭amkin25

If your getting so much hassle standing outside his place then why keep coming back and hanging around?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,553 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Would electrocution by the balls be an option here?

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Rory Gallagher

The Gardaí really need to act on these vile cowards!

Yesterday I was stopped twice for 'hanging outside shops'(I was talking to a friend) after they stopped me once I was stopped less than 2 minutes later for the same reason(Despite walking away from the town) I was also informed that I would be 'lifted' if seen again for the remainder of the day.

The fact that they have all the time for youths talking to each other in a town center and do not seem to care about the actions committed by these disgusting animals really says it all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭rambutman

Why were ye knocking down the sign.....how many times now in total have ye done this?

He hit someone in the head with a chair? They must have been pretty seriously injured? Were they cut? Did they require hospital treatment? Did ye report it to garda? Did it actually happen?

I'm so glad we've heard "the other side of the story now"...
    Little sh*ts looking for trouble persistently harassing somebody minding his own business trying to make a living. Yeah, I'm all sympathy for your shower now.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

obplayer wrote: »
    To some extent yes but when I was growing up you understood that if you knocked down a shop owner's sign and / or kept harassing him you would get a kick up the arse or a hard belt on the ear.
    Unless that shop owner was foreign, black, an unmarried mother, said something against the church. Then again if you weren't caught doing it red handed there was no way to prove either way who did what.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Ok, I am listening.....

Did your friends report the alleged assault to the Gardaí? if not, why not? None of your friends had a phone to record the guy with the dogs? Do you have a very long nose ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,294 ✭✭✭Quandary

Another scumbag/junkie incident there today on O'Connell street just outside Pennies

My wife just back from town but while waiting for her bus there was a gang of 6 feral humanoids kicking the sh1te out of another one on the ground. Very violent apparently, kicking the poor sod into head repeatedly while he was down. She did say the Guards came and dispersed them after about 10 minutes though, so every cloud I suppose!!

Quandary wrote: »
    Another scumbag/junkie incident there today on O'Connell street just outside Pennies

My wife just back from town but while waiting for her bus there was a gang of 6 feral humanoids kicking the sh1te out of another one on the ground. Very violent apparently, kicking the poor sod into head repeatedly while he was down. She did say the Guards came and dispersed them after about 10 minutes though, so every cloud I suppose!!
    All well and good them kicking each other to death, but it could be your wife next time.10 minutes for cops to show up in the city centre is a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,294 ✭✭✭Quandary

Dan_Solo wrote: »
    All well and good them kicking each other to death, but it could be your wife next time.10 minutes for cops to show up in the city centre is a joke.

She was saying some tourists were trying to break it up but the scumbags were like a pack of wild dogs. The tourists were just lucky they didn't turn on them instead.

Sadly though, I think we both know that for inner city Dublin, a gardai response time of 10 minutes is almost record breaking.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

The spending freeze on the gardai should help this situation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭AndonHandon

Vigilante justice is overdue and there is a simmering tension among ordinary people at the scum that run riot at times. It will get to the point where a scumbag/s will get beaten to a bloody pulp on O'Connell Street by ordinary people having harassed the wrong people. If I saw scumbags getting beaten to death I would not attempt to stop the attack and I would not make a credible witness if the scum beaters ended up going to Court.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭EyeSight

Vigilante justice is overdue and there is a simmering tension among ordinary people at the scum that run riot at times. It will get to the point where a scumbag/s will get beaten to a bloody pulp on O'Connell Street by ordinary people having harassed the wrong people. If I saw scumbags getting beaten to death I would not attempt to stop the attack and I would not make a credible witness if the scum beaters ended up going to Court.

problem is, if a scumbag gets caught and sent to court, they get off with a suspended sentence for their rough upbringing. If an ordinary citizen gets caught doing the same, regardless of their upbringing, their life will be ruined

Advertisement