Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Feral scum attack temple bar cafe owner for no reason (CCTV footage)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

There does seem to be a rapid escalation of these incidents making the headlines and on social media. My concern is that getting a clip of yourself attacking some poor member of the public viral will become like a badge of honor for these savages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,628 ✭✭✭Femme_Fatale

Those idiots eh?
    Yes. Blame blame blame at no particular target (but of course not blaming themselves) is idiocy.

Policing vacuum seems to be a big part of the issue though, in terms of numbers and efficacy.

Yes. Blame blame blame at no particular target (but of course not blaming themselves) is idiocy.

Policing vacuum seems to be a big part of the issue though, in terms of numbers and efficacy.

Must be reading different comments then, most seem to be complaining about a lack of policing and a lack of punishments for actions like these.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭archer22

We should outsource the rehabilitation of those primitive savages to other countries such as some of the ones in Eastern Europe or to the Peoples Republic of China..Those countries would appreciate the opportunity to earn extra foreign currency and Irish taxpayers would get far better value for their money.Oh and if there was any repeat offenders North Korea could be their next (and probably final) stop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭131spanner

If you can't get convicted after getting caught doing a crime on camera, what can you get convicted on? Having the judge see you do it in person? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Indo reader comments are good for the lolz.

Whinge whinge whinge - not a word of what they'd do themselves, just what everyone else should do. And blablabla about "Only in Ireland" even though they are also Irish. And live in Ireland.
    It's Viz-tacular.
    It's not much better on threads like this. The people making these attacks are scumbags, but the pure anger flying through posts with people pointing fingers at everyone else and creating punishment fantasies is nothing but wasted energy.

Anyway, this is awful, awful behaviour. Hope those involved get themselves caught and known amongst local businesses, or even better still, get proper sanctions. should not be happening at all, I feel sorry for this any local owners who are probably threatened quite often. Business in Temple Bar wouldn't be for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,533 ✭✭✭kub

archer22 wrote: »
    We should outsource the rehabilitation of those primitive savages to other countries such as some of the ones in Eastern Europe or to the Peoples Republic of China..Those countries would appreciate the opportunity to earn extra foreign currency and Irish taxpayers would get far better value for their money.Oh and if there was any repeat offenders North Korea could be their next (and probably final) stop.

I absolutely agree with you, our own system just does not work.
    But then the repeat revenue from repeat offenders will dry up and that will only affect the income of the legal system. I cannot see them allowing this.
    I would suggest that repeat offenders should not get free legal aid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭sopretty

kub wrote: »
    I absolutely agree with you, our own system just does not work.
    But then the repeat revenue from repeat offenders will dry up and that will only affect the income of the legal system. I cannot see them allowing this.
    I would suggest that repeat offenders should not get free legal aid.

Everyone is entitled to representation.

sopretty wrote: »
    Everyone is entitled to representation.

Pity that scum benefit from it. Ah sure in that case so let's just leave it as it is. Any scum bag can go out and keep re offending and legal representation will not cost him a penny. Just us silly victims who are also the tax payers that is all.

Pity that scum benefit from it. Ah sure in that case so let's just leave it as it is. Any scum bag can go out and keep re offending and legal representation will not cost him a penny. Just us silly victims who are also the tax payers that is all.
    Oh, lay off it would you? I don't think anyone is saying anything positive for the criminals who did it. The law is pretty broken in places and there is a lot of red tape at times, that's for sure. What is the point of writing poison pen posts about it ad nauseum though? We get it. We don't need to hear it over and over.

When I see threads of posts like the above, I always think of this...

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

So you basically want anybody who's poor to be automatically guilty if they are charged with a crime? Great .

Dan_Solo wrote: »
    So you basically want anybody who's poor to be automatically guilty if they are charged with a crime? Great .

No just to repeat what I said, I have no issues with someone who cannot afford legal representation getting it.
    What is taking the p*ss though is those who are career criminals still receiving free legal aid. If these scum felt it in their pockets them perhaps they might behave themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

what has changed in our society in the last 20 old years that has resulted in kids openly attacking people in Dublin city centre on a weekly basis?

poverty? nope, families in the 80s were pressed far harder financially than now.

lack of facilities? nope, there have never been more facilities and supports for young people.

alcoholism? nothing new here.

social welfare? while it has reduced for some recently, it is far more generous than years ago and anyway - are we to pay those who have never worked more as some form protection money/bribe so they dont commit crime?

respect for authority? now we're getting somewhere...church, politicians, police all riddled with scandal. The touchy feely school of parenting means parents are now their children's "mates" rather than authority figures.

death of religion? while i dont think morality and religion are the same thing, when Catholicism was practiced, it did give guidelines and eternal consequences. when that went out the window, a kind of vacuum occurred. A sort of self gratifying nihilism with peoples own pleasure being their only goal.

Social Welfare dependence? we are now experiencing 3rd/4th generations of families who have no real concept of work. their money comes from the sky and the only effort they make is in the way they work and milk the system - no boundaries, no work ethic...only entitlement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭sopretty

what has changed in our society in the last 20 old years that has resulted in kids openly attacking people in Dublin city centre on a weekly basis?

poverty? nope, families in the 80s were pressed far harder financially than now.

lack of facilities? nope, there have never been more facilities and supports for young people.

alcoholism? nothing new here.

social welfare? while it has reduced for some recently, it is far more generous than years ago and anyway - are we to pay those who have never worked more as some form protection money/bribe so they dont commit crime?

respect for authority? now we're getting somewhere...church, politicians, police all riddled with scandal. The touchy feely school of parenting means parents are now their children's "mates" rather than authority figures.

death of religion? while i dont think morality and religion are the same thing, when Catholicism was practiced, it did give guidelines and eternal consequences. when that went out the window, a kind of vacuum occurred. A sort of self gratifying nihilism with peoples own pleasure being their only goal.

Social Welfare dependence? we are now experiencing 3rd/4th generations of families who have no real concept of work. their money comes from the sky and the only effort they make is in the way they work and milk the system - no boundaries, no work ethic...only entitlement.

I think you may have nailed it with the comment that corruption within every authority in Ireland has been exposed. Nobody can respect those organisations or authorities anymore. Interesting point.

Your post was going somewhere but that's all BS. My parents are my friends as my parents and that's probably what lead me to respect them more than ever. I was brought up with good morals, didn't need to be smacked on the ass for that, or have fear instilled in me. As a result of being reared to being a decent individual in society, I don't go around attacking any other public figures either. Go figure.

Social Welfare does not excuse bad manners or bad parenting, and is not necessarily a cause either. I am in receipt of a social welfare payment right now, that hardly makes me a scumbag by default. I think you're oversimplifying things here.

Religion is not a moral compass for most Irish people - it's been treated in a fairly flippant manner for decades, apart from the oppressive atmosphere it caused. That's hardly 'guideline' as much as it is a dictatorship. Again, my family aren't religious by default, neither are nearly all of my friends', yet we're all doing reasonably well.

Just having good parents who show you love and how to spread it goes a long way.

i would reply but i fear it might be more BS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭Polarix

"The poor little mights must have had a hard upbringing, it's not their fault."

There are no real consequences in society any more for carrying out this type of behaviour. Prison is not a deterrent any more. Prison only deters middle and upper class people , and when it comes to corruption they are exempt from prison in Ireland, unless it politically suits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,628 ✭✭✭Femme_Fatale

Polarix wrote: »
    I don't think I've ever heard of anyone saying that. It's just an imagined phenomenon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

That video is like watching a Benny Hill episode that went horribly wrong.

Foxhound38 wrote: »
    great little country to live in if you're a dangerous scumbag, it seems... :mad:

Always was, always will be, irish life is full of them from the street to politics to the banks to the church, to the schools, to the guards.

• Advertisement

There are no real consequences in society any more for carrying out this type of behaviour. Prison is not a deterrent any more. Prison only deters middle and upper class people , and when it comes to corruption they are exempt from prison in Ireland, unless it politically suits.

and why is prison not a deterrent? because for these people it is just an extension of the social welfare system - a creche for adult babies who just lash out when they dont get what they want who have never had to earn off the sweat of their own brow.

I don't I've ever heard of anyone saying that. It's just an imagined phenomenon.

Well I hear it in courts all the time. Sentance always reduced, mitigating circumstances at home, life, etc. don't you know. The oldest whine in the book. What I want to know is why if this excuse stands, how come plenty of other people who have had just as hard lives don't treat others like filth the way these scum do and get away with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Hondo75

Any know the Cafe , I would like to support them next time I am in temple bar
    if you can message me that would great

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Standman

Lack of community spirit and positive role models for a certain subsection of youths, leads to a toxic and violent form of teenage rebellion which at this stage is embedded into their culture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,347 ✭✭✭No Pants

The DPP take too long to decide whether to press charges. The little thugs awaiting charge should be moved into a houseshare where the DPP lives. That may speed things up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

hard labor they deserve , Or maybe doing a menial tasks like breaking up stones with pix axes or taking bubblegum of the ground

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Worst CCTV angle ever. Like watching an ant colony through an inverted milk bottle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Foxhound38

Hondo75 wrote: »
    Any know the Cafe , I would like to support them next time I am in temple bar
    if you can message me that would great

Same with myself. I often eat lunch in the city centre and would make a point of giving them some custom the next time I do so.

Standman wrote: »
    Lack of community spirit and positive role models for a certain subsection of youths, leads to a toxic and violent form of teenage rebellion which at this stage is embedded into their culture.

So how do you explain the people with a disadvantaged upbringing who don't act like scum ?

• Advertisement

So how do you explain the people with a disadvantaged upbringing who don't act like scum ?
    Obviously their parents taught them good manners/morals. They're not all the same.

Much like any 'class' of families, there are nasty people, there are nice people.

Advertisement