Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Feral scum attack temple bar cafe owner for no reason (CCTV footage)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,347 ✭✭✭No Pants

Worst CCTV angle ever. Like watching an ant colony through an inverted milk bottle.
    No hard labour or prison needed. Put them all on a large inflatable, have the navy tow it out to international waters and tell them not to come back.

Repeat as often as necessary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Worst CCTV angle ever. Like watching an ant colony through an inverted milk bottle.
    No Pants wrote: »
    No hard labour or prison needed. Put them all on a large inflatable, have the navy tow it out to international waters and tell them not to come back.

Repeat as often as necessary.

Err, what? It's like posters are just putting out their little punishment fantasies without even bothering to read what the previous poster said.
    twinytwo wrote: »
    Well the guards could crack skulls... Oh no wait, cause they would actually be done for assault and abuse of powers.. While these little toe rags walk free.

What makes it worse is every one of them is a coward, who if by himself would even open his mouth.
    I'm sure you'd happily step in to actually crack open their skulls. Brave fingers, internet warrior.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭twinytwo

Well the guards could crack skulls... Oh no wait, cause they would actually be done for assault and abuse of powers.. While these little toe rags walk free.

What makes it worse is every one of them is a coward, who if by himself would even open his mouth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Red Pepper

Jake1 wrote: »
    Disgusting. How much longer can people still turn a blind eye, and say ' its not that bad'

Yeah Dublin city centre has become an awful place, Gardaí haven't even tried to get to grips with it. Needs a zero tolerance approach.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,791 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

I have a friend who was working on corpo houses in Smithfield on Tuesday past. He went in to the living room to plug in a transformer to be met with a lad on the floor in the foetal position who uttered "don't mind me bud, I'm just buzzin y'know"...

Went upstairs to find an 8 or 9 year old lad lying in bed (10 a.m) who told him "get out of me f*cking house or I'll knife ye.

My mate is over 6 foot and close to 17 stone!! He asked the young lad should he not be at school...don't have to go if I don't want to he says. The mother was in the kitchen smoking roll ups and watching television.

That's classic parenting there!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭diograis

mfceiling wrote: »
    I have a friend who was working on corpo houses in Smithfield on Tuesday past. He went in to the living room to plug in a transformer to be met with a lad on the floor in the foetal position who uttered "don't mind me bud, I'm just buzzin y'know"...

Went upstairs to find an 8 or 9 year old lad lying in bed (10 a.m) who told him "get out of me f*cking house or I'll knife ye.

My mate is over 6 foot and close to 17 stone!! He asked the young lad should he not be at school...don't have to go if I don't want to he says. The mother was in the kitchen smoking roll ups and watching television.

that story almost sounds too ridiculous to be true, we all know it is though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭porsche959

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Foxhound38

A waste of existence. That mother is also perpetuating the rot in our society. Not sending kids to school is unforgivable in my book - give them a chance at a real life at least

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

kub wrote: »
    No just to repeat what I said, I have no issues with someone who cannot afford legal representation getting it.
    What is taking the p*ss though is those who are career criminals still receiving free legal aid. If these scum felt it in their pockets them perhaps they might behave themselves.
    And who decides they are "career criminals" and guilty this time? You by any chance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,347 ✭✭✭No Pants

Cydoniac wrote: »
    Err, what? It's like posters are just putting out their little punishment fantasies without even bothering to read what the previous poster said.
    I'm not advocating any punishment. I'm saying that society should simply wash its hands of them. Wall them in somewhere or gas them if you'd prefer, but I thought that dropping them offshore was more humane since Australia won't take them anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭jane82

The parents of these animals need punishing. If you raise a scumbag and leave him to go spend his time in the city centre attacking people you should face consequences.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Hondo75

some more detail in evening hearld , he has had to close on couple of occasions because of the scum.

Name of cafe is given so please support if you can..

http://www.herald.ie/news/cafe-owner-punched-and-kicked-by-25-youths-for-trying-to-protect-his-sign-30179666.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Foxhound38

Hondo75 wrote: »
    some more detail in evening hearld , he has had to close on couple of occasions because of the scum.

Name of cafe is given so please support if you can..

http://www.herald.ie/news/cafe-owner-punched-and-kicked-by-25-youths-for-trying-to-protect-his-sign-30179666.html

Thanks, will be making a point of heading in there

Yes was trying to find it on goolemaps but the building is empty, so he is only there a while.. its on the corner down from sweet shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭DebDynamite

So in the past month alone we've had this case, the Brazillian guy and the German getting beaten up on St Patrick's Day and two days ago, the Chinese woman getting attacked on Moore Street. Am I correct in saying all these attacks were carried out by youths?

I feel we've reached a tipping point and something seriously needs to be done. In a few years these youths will become parents, who will probably raise an even worse generation of scumbags.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,464 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I think you could be pretty sure, however, that the vigilantes would be the ones that felt the full force of the legal system.

Well I suppose if the vigilantes get interrupted by the law they will start kicking the sh1t out of the law and then you will have a riot situation, because the powers that be are not doing anything anyway.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,780 ✭✭✭Frank Lee Midere

What's really shocking is the release without charge of the attackers of the Brazillian. Utter disgrace. They've learned once again that violence from their class is effectively legitimised.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭jane82

What's really shocking is the release without charge of the attackers of the Brazillian. Utter disgrace. They've learned once again that violence from their class is effectively legitimised.

Maybe a file is on the way to the dpp.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

S0crates wrote: »
    Every one of those little pieces if human filth that can be identified should literally be locked up and the key thrown away. Our society has no place or need for them and would be better off without them.

But that sort of punishment doesn't work in this country, they think they're real tough after they've been released and are probably wiser for it. What they need is a public kicking that leaves them severely disabled for life, then and only then will they not be in a position to do it again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭thebullkf

hit them where it hurts..... in the POCKET

Take away their dole, their parents dole/ wages if under 18 they are legally responsible for them.

The broader question is, why are there gangs of youths rampaging around in the first place?

Society has failed us all when it fails to protect the weakest.

Will defo pay a visit to the cafe :)

EDIT was in there few weeks ago, terribly nice guy in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭thebullkf

CJC999 wrote: »
    But that sort of punishment doesn't work in this country, they think they're real tough after they've been released and are probably wiser for it. What they need is a public kicking that leaves them severely disabled for life, then and only then will they not be in a position to do it again.

for ****s sake. seriously:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

If someone doesn't respect their parents I'm not sure punishing their parents is a viable solution.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

Around that area in Temple Bar there always seems to be some group of cúnts hanging around causing trouble.

Myself and my girlfriend were hassled recently by a group of about 10 kids no more than 14, there's not much you can do when there's that many but walk away.

They purposely kicked a ball at my girlfriend and when I let a roar at the little knacker that did it a lot more of them appeared out of the woodwork.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Highflyer13

Government need to take notice of these feral creatures roaming the city centre. The reputation of it as a tourist destination will be destroyed within years. People drinking cans and dealing drugs all over the place with not a care in the world. I was in a cafe in the Italian Quarter the other day and had only sat down when some scummer whipped his lad out and started taking a piss on the window. Only that the gf was with me I would have smashed his face in. The anger is building up inside me from walking through the city every day and recently having my phone robbed on Westmoreland street. Only a matter of time before one of them pushes me too far...........

• Registered Users Posts: 23,565 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

What the fcku is wrong with the security forces in this country and the judiciary?

How long is this crap going to be tolerated? Dublin must be getting a lovely name for itself internationally at this stage.

Word of mouth from tourists is the SINGLE most damaging effect on any city - fact. And they are seeing this stuff week in week out.

Failure to deal with this is going to cost us dearly in the future.

Alan Shatter, Gardai - get off your arses and do something.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

Isn't it amazing how we can all identify pretty small parts of town where gangs of kids are running wild and there is guaranteed trouble daily but the Gardai either don't have a notion or don't give two hoots.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,592 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Dan_Solo wrote: »
    Isn't it amazing how we can all identify pretty small parts of town where gangs of kids are running wild and there is guaranteed trouble daily but the Gardai either don't have a notion or don't give two hoots.

Few enough Gardai out on the streets as it is, they can't spend all their day following young lads around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Highflyer13

Blay wrote: »
    Few enough Gardai out on the streets as it is, they can't spend all their day following young lads around.

City centre is tiny in comparison to other capital cities. Dublin is a big tourist destination which is key to the national economy. Shouldn't be that hard to police effectively? I can imagine some major damage has been done to its reputation following recent goings on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Hondo75 wrote: »

I am very afraid that in a few months/years, we will read something like this in the newspaper: "Shop owner shot down youth who was attacking them. The shop had already been attacked 3 times and the owner panicked and misused the weapon he had acquired to scare away potential assaulters"

When honest and apparently quiet people don't feel like their basic right to safety is guaranteed by society anymore, they can do crazy things. I hope we can tackle the issues before something like this happens, but I think we are not very far off (it is already happening in other European countries).

Advertisement