Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Feral scum attack temple bar cafe owner for no reason (CCTV footage)

Options
  • 12-04-2014 12:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭

Just caught this story in the Indo

:mad:

You'd think there would be more Gardai around Temple Bar (the busiest tourist area in our Capital) to get a handle on these feral animals...

Also, I see it mentioned that those toe-rags who were caught on camera assaulting that Brazillian man on Paddy's day got released without charge - great little country to live in if you're a dangerous scumbag, it seems... :mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭gugleguy

Foxhound38 wrote: »
    great little country to live in if you're a dangerous scumbag.
    FULL STOP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 953 ✭✭✭donegal__road

Just caught this story in the Indo

:mad:

You'd think there would be more Gardai around Temple Bar (the busiest tourist area in our Capital) to get a handle on these feral animals...

Also, I see it mentioned that those toe-rags who were caught on camera assaulting that Brazillian man on Paddy's day got released without charge - great little country to live in if you're a dangerous scumbag, it seems... :mad:

how on earth were they released without charge? It was clearly assault, at least.. if not GBH. The guy was knocked out by a kick to the head in an unprovoked attack, and it was caught on camera.. jail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭15Pete

Every one of those little pieces if human filth that can be identified should literally be locked up and the key thrown away. Our society has no place or need for them and would be better off without them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Foxhound38

how on earth were they released without charge? It was clearly assault, at least.. if not GBH. The guy was knocked out by a kick to the head in an unprovoked attack, and it was caught on camera.. jail.

Presumably because they would have been released with a slap on the wrist in court anyway - given their "difficult upbringings" etc, the poor luvvies :mad:

I feel very bad for the cafe owner - an ordinary Joe Soap trying to make a living and getting kicked and punched by this pack of sub-human animals for nothing more than their entertainment.

Who the fcuk should have to put up with that?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭sopretty

Jeepers. It's about 11 years since I lived in Dublin, but wtf has happened in the meantime? I used to wander around with not a care in the world. Now, I'd happily have an armed bodyguard with me at all times.

Disgusting. How much longer can people still turn a blind eye, and say ' its not that bad'

**** like this could possibly, eventually breed vigilantism.
    People can only accept so much.

Cant we?? :confused: I really dont know.

I could almost deal with my bills, lack of decent services, all the other day to day **** if I thought at the very least, we had some bloody Justice system that worked, instead of the seemingly revolving door system we seem to have.

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭kult

2 years hard labour work camp should sort him out alright. 16h shifts 7 days a week no days off, work to pay guards, for food, cell etc. Why should we pay for the Mountjoy Hotel from our taxes for him to be taken care off, when we did not do anything wrong? Let him work for living no play playstation and have better access to health care and more.

I know other countries have this legislation (and I used to perceive it as harsh), but is there any way that a gathering of uncouth youths could be disbanded by gardai? My problem with that is how do you determine who are a bunch off to visit a museum together and who are a bunch of delinquents....

sopretty wrote: »
    I know other countries have this legislation (and I used to perceive it as harsh), but is there any way that a gathering of uncouth youths could be disbanded by gardai? My problem with that is how do you determine who are a bunch off to visit a museum together and who are a bunch of delinquents....

Just watch all people, have guards and then see who is acting, very easy, that's what they do in other countries...in other countires they also believe that if someone is 14 y old and commits the crime he is old enough to get punishment too despite young age, age is not a excuse, but in here it is.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭wendell borton

Another story in the indo, two shop assistants were assaulted and one kicked unconscious by a gang of teenage girls on moore st. in broad daylight.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/teenage-girl-kicks-shop-worker-unconscious-on-busy-street-30176579.html

So kick them unconscious the same way. Easy solution.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

Everyone blames the judges first, but like Public Enemy said, call a cab 'cos a cab will come quicker. What are our Gardai for? If they see a gang like this hanging about they should send them packing out of the city centre or off to the cells.

Dan_Solo wrote: »
    Everyone blames the judges first, but like Public Enemy said, call a cab 'cos a cab will come quicker. What are our Gardai for? If they see a gang like this hanging about they should send them packing out of the city centre or off to the cells.
    Gardai cannot do a thing due to legistlation and stupid law government creates, government people vote for...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Arthur Beesley

Perhaps a file has been sent to the DPP?

Perhabs he should be punished on the spot or sent to a work camp, problem solved. Why would we , normal good people pay taxes to take care of him? Let him work to survive and appreciate life, learn to respect others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Stavros Murphy

Give it a week or two and some breathless ninny will be on TV announcing that they intend to slap these types with ASBOS - or whatever they change the name to, to Irishise it. So, an ASBO - a written slap on the wrist. Great.

kult wrote: »
    Perhabs he should be punished on the spot or sent to a work camp, problem solved. Why would we , normal good people pay taxes to take care of him? Let him work to survive and appreciate life, learn to respect others.

You'd wonder who is rearing these delinquents?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭brevity

This sort of stuff is happening in Cork as well. There needs to be massive reform in how we deal with these types of people.

Another story in the indo, two shop assistants were assaulted and one kicked unconscious by a gang of teenage girls on moore st. in broad daylight.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/teenage-girl-kicks-shop-worker-unconscious-on-busy-street-30176579.html

File has been sent to the DPP, will now likely be forgotten about and that thug who assaulted those two Chinese girls (who were only trying to make a living) will escape justice just like all the others.

Our justice system simply isn't up to the task of dealing with the utter scum crawling around on our streets, and the scum know it well too. They have the run of the streets, and they are turning our cities into kips.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

Gardai cannot do a thing due to legistlation and stupid law government creates, government people vote for...
    They most certainly CAN tell people to go home or move on or else it's off to the cells. I've seen them do it, just that they are never ever proactive about it. Waiting for a call after someone's had the head beat off them in locations where they know full well there's trouble every day.

File has been sent to the DPP, will now likely be forgotten about and that thug who assaulted those two Chinese girls (who were only trying to make a living) will escape justice just like all the others.

Our justice system simply isn't up to the task of dealing with the utter scum crawling around on our streets, and the scum know it well too. They have the run of the streets, and they are turning our cities into kips.

I think files are sent to the DPP with a suggestion of charges to be brought and the DPP then decides what charges to issue? Maybe I'm incorrect?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Tippex

sopretty wrote: »
    I think files are sent to the DPP with a suggestion of charges to be brought and the DPP then decides what charges to issue? Maybe I'm incorrect?

Thats what I thought. Maybe someone who knows the ins and outs could explain the different scenarios
    I.E. released without charge does this me they get off scott free or will they be charged at a later date etc.

Tippex wrote: »
    Thats what I thought. Maybe someone who knows the ins and outs could explain the different scenarios
    I.E. released without charge does this me they get off scott free or will they be charged at a later date etc.

I think they are released without charge when the guards are unsure as to the precise charges or the severity of charges to be levelled against them. So, they defer to the DPP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,628 ✭✭✭Femme_Fatale

Indo reader comments are good for the lolz.

Whinge whinge whinge - not a word of what they'd do themselves, just what everyone else should do. And blablabla about "Only in Ireland" even though they are also Irish. And live in Ireland.
    It's Viz-tacular.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Mammanabammana

Jake1 wrote: »

**** like this could possibly, eventually breed vigilantism.
    People can only accept so much.

I think you could be pretty sure, however, that the vigilantes would be the ones that felt the full force of the legal system.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭whupdedo

Gardai cannot do a thing due to legistlation and law government creates, government people vote for...

Is their any website that ordinary people can express their views about this sort of thing, where they can lobby the justice department or an an garda siochana to change the laws about these little ****in scum bags that are terrorising every town centre in the country

I wouldn't lose a wink of sleep if these little cnuts were hung off the liffy bridge every morning at sunrise:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,533 ✭✭✭kub

Jake1 wrote: »

I could almost deal with my bills, lack of decent services, all the other day to day **** if I thought at the very least, we had some bloody Justice system that worked, instead of the seemingly revolving door system we seem to have.

The legal system does indeed work. It works very well for those employed in it and those that benefit from scumbags not being given appropriate punishments for their crimes.

The theory is quite simple, solicitors and barrister's are as such business people. The judges in the courts used to be but are now civil/ public servants who like to help out their self employed friends on the justice system.

So who exactly benefits by giving scum bags long prison sentences? Isn't it much more beneficial for all involved that the scum are left to roam the streets, do what ever they want and then let The Gardai catch them yet again and bring them back before the courts.
    This way the solicitors and barrister's get more work out of the scum brigade as they have the free income known as free legal aid.
    In business the term is known as repeat revenue, so repeat offenders create repeat revenue for those involved in the legal trade.

So appropriate punishment is never going to happen in this country.
    That is of course unless you are someone who slips up once in your life......God help you, they know you won't do it again therefore you get the heavy sentence.

Ive been in the thread regarding sucicide.

It occurred to me, that this business owner, could have already been in a bad place. Running business in this economy, paying his bills, perhaps dealing with teens like this on a weekly basis, maybe not to the current extent, but usual arseholerey.

How easy it would be, for this attack, to be the proverbial straw ,that were to break his back, and the thoughts of facing another day at his work just broke him, and he said 'feck it, dont want to live anymore.'

• Advertisement

Indo reader comments are good for the lolz.

Whinge whinge whinge - not a word of what they'd do themselves, just what everyone else should do. And blablabla about "Only in Ireland" even though they are also Irish. And live in Ireland.
    It's Viz-tacular.

Those idiots eh?

Advertisement