Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Racism in ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭pundy

No, that's not "logical" whatsoever. How can you equate these two things?

because he wasted police time when they could have potentially been saving a life.

so little jonny calls peter a queer in the schoolyard... that's a "homophobic attack"... is it? NO! it's name calling - low tactic to be fair, but you wouldnt see anyone phoning the police there would you?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭Sunglasses Ron

pundy wrote: »
    think it's on page 2 or something he said "police were called, but never showed up"

so obviously even the police knew they had better, more worthy causes to be dealing with

Funny he never mentioned that in his original post.

PC hand wringing over n incident that likely never even happened. Cake for everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Overly paQUOTE=pundy;89870927]i can't make my mind up on this one. i. can see cletus' point - as in, there could've beefair play someone getting kicked to death in the street around the corner, but the cops have been called off to burger king to deal with a slagging match or a bit of, dunno how to say it other than "mild racism"...

imagine being the family of someone who ends up dead because the police who otherwise would have intervened were too busy dealing with a scum taxi man and someone who is a bit too PC for their own good...[/QUOTE]

Overly pc?

Someone called someone a black monkey and the op pulled him up on it. I think most people would have not done anything, fair play op.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

that is hype. every word you wrote there is sensational b0ll0x.

lets face it, we all know what those sort of taxi drivers are like when they show their racist true colours, and we know he was wearing a work uniform, in a burger king surrounded by loads of people and most likely the driver on his own getting a burger on a break... so, you're telling me that the victim of this "racist attack"'s life was in danger now?

cop on. that's silly.

yes the cops should be around when there are situations that may end up escalating to violence, but this situation 100% categorically was not one where either party would have lost their lives, now is it!?

Ironic that you go around criticising other posters for their sensationalism.

You don't think racism is serious or "worthy"?

100% i do yes. can you go one day on here without trying to twist what people are saying?
    :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

What a weird view to have on things.

Firstly, this isn't "mild racism", it's pretty damn horrible and people shouldn't have to be subjected to this.

Secondly, following your logic, should we choose not call the Gardai if someone robs our house because there might an assault/murder taking place down the road? Surely it's better to let Gardai implement their own triage-type methodology?

they would be detectives coming to investigate, not vital police off the street on a busy weekend night when all the drunks are battering each other.

Ironic that you go around criticising other posters for their sensationalism.

annoying that some people here just love to argue about non topic bullsh!t

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

annoying that some people here just love to argue about non topic bullsh!t

Racism is bullshit is it?

Well done.

because he wasted police time when they could have potentially been saving a life.

so little jonny calls peter a queer in the schoolyard... that's a "homophobic attack"... is it? NO! it's name calling - low tactic to be fair, but you wouldnt see anyone phoning the police there would you?

He didn't waste police time. Intentionally wasting police time is an offence. I think we both know he's not going to be arrested. The police are the experts here, they make judgement calls on this sort of thing all the time. They're not going to empty the station to follow up this complaint if it's a busy night. If it's quiet, they may send someone down. How is this wasting police time again?

Your analogous strawman is pretty woeful, bears no resemblance to what the OP described.

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Racism is bullshit is it?

Well done.

no, YOU well done.

another twist of the words there. good on ye. under a bridge are ye?

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,192 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

If Peter is gay it is actually a homophobic attack.

I think your perceptions of prejudice and how if affects society are very skewed.

It should be called out and dealt with in all it's forms every single time it occurs.

Also I doubt the police force send every single officer on duty to an incident like this so I wouldn't worry about all the people getting murdered around the corner so much.

He didn't waste police time. Intentionally wasting police time is an offence. I think we both know he's not going to be arrested. The police are the experts here, they make judgement calls on this sort of thing all the time. They're not going to empty the station to follow up this complaint if it's a busy night. If it's quiet, they may send someone down. How is this wasting policy time again?

Your analogous strawman is pretty woeful, bears no resemblance to what the OP described.

im taking myself out of this thread now.

you people have an awful way of twisting things to suit your own want to accuse people of things you like to say you would never be part of.

good bye

no, YOU well done.

another twist of the words there. good on ye. under a bridge are ye?

So its trolling now to say that calling someone a black monkey is racist?

Looks like it might rain, I think your white sheet and pillow case needs to come in off the washing line.

im taking myself out of this thread now.

you people have an awful way of twisting things to suit your own want to accuse people of things you like to say you would never be part of.

good bye

What did I accuse you of? Who are "you people"?

So its trolling now to say that calling someone a black monkey is racist?

Looks like it might rain, I think your white sheet and pillow case needs to come in off the washing line.

i think you just called me racist. when i'm not, so what does that make you?

i think you just called me racist. when i'm not, so what does that make you?

You are a racist.

You are a racist.

no im not. how dare you.

no im not. how dare you.

How dare i what?

Call you out for what you are?

How dare i what?

Call you out for what you are?

you dont fvcking know me alright!?

i'm feeling quite "super-rush-ist" though....

you dont fvcking know me alright!?

i'm feeling quite "super-rush-ist" though....

I know you don't think calling someone names based on the colour of their skin is wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭cletus van damme

You are a racist.

You are the abiter of this label now?
    I know you don't think calling someone names based on the colour of their skin is wrong.

oh ffs - he never said that
    He said calling the police in this circumstance was excessive.

argue all you want and and debate the matter but resorting to this is pathetic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

Well a spade is a spade. What else should people call somebody who trivializes blatant racism?

I call it as i see it.

oh ffs - he never said that
    He said calling the police in this circumstance was excessive.

argue all you want and and debate the matter but resorting to this is pathetic

Racism is against the law.

The police are there to uphold the law.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭cletus van damme

e_e wrote: »
    Well a spade is a spade. What else should people call somebody who trivializes blatant racism?

regardless of his thoughts on racism as a crime and whether it should be reported unless he engages in racist behaviour (any behaviour) he isn't racist.
    you have no evidence on him being a racist.

excuse me, for all you know i'm black. never thought of that did you!?#

i was merely pointing out the flaw the OP made by wasting police time at an otherwise volatile time of night when people would be fighting in the street etc.

you dont know me, and i know i'm not a racist, so your silly attempt to make me out to be one is redundant.

get off your high horse and cop on to yourself there, good lad.

That's not what i was doing, as has been pointed out.
    i said the taxi driver was in the wrong, that it was racist, but that i didnt agree with the OP calling the police - which turns out he has now said that the doorman did it himself. grand.

so could you all back off with calling me a racist now? thanks. good little lad/girl

I call it as i see it.

should've gone to specsavers so.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 383 ✭✭Mike747

So if you don't agree that someone was being racist that makes you a racist? This is like a witch hunt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

ANXIOUS wrote: »
    I was then informed by the "<snip>" call taker <snip> that my number would be plastered in every toilet in dublin. (I have a recording). Well <snip> I don't give a fu@k because i grew up facing adversity and I'll meet it head on all my life.

Late to the party, so someone probably already said it. But just give the recording to the Carriage office.

Advertisement