Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

December 2014 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭witchity2

mrsWhippy wrote: »
    5 days over here, feel like I'm living in limbo!! Argh so annoying. Haven't the energy to get out much either so it feels like a real waste of Xmas holidays!

How are you feeling

Pretty much the same as you. I am so tired and it's a real struggle to motivate myself to get out for a walk.
    I know what you mean about waste of holidays. My dh is back to work Friday and he won't be able to really get much time off after that.
    Just had a sweep done there a few mins ago. Made a pot of porridge for some energy and I'm going to drag myself and the kids out to the park for a walk and see if things start moving.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Pinkshoes2012: 21st November, baby girl
    Dolbert: 8th December, baby boy
    KERSPLAT!: 13th December, baby boy
    Whispered: 13th December, baby boy
    The One Doctor: 26th December, baby girl
    Lashofeye: 27th December, baby girl
    Nuttykat: 28th December, baby girl

Just changed my boy to the 13th :)

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭er1983

Hey all. One day over here. Started to get dull back ache in my lower back like you get when you get your period, is this a sign of things starting??

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭mrsWhippy

er1983 wrote: »
    Hey all. One day over here. Started to get dull back ache in my lower back like you get when you get your period, is this a sign of things starting??

I got a bit of that alright, but it was 6 days ago - went away after a few hours :(

I'm at the end of my tether at this stage, hope something happens for you soon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20 wex83

mrsWhippy wrote: »
    I got a bit of that alright, but it was 6 days ago - went away after a few hours :(

I'm at the end of my tether at this stage, hope something happens for you soon :)

I've had a bit of that sort of pain on and off over the past week or so, but I'll be 2 weeks over tomorrow and I'm being brought in tomorrow morning to be induced. Think this baby is far too comfortable inside and doesn't want to come out into the cold! I've had two sweeps and still nothing happened. Went for long walk today in last minute attempt to avoid induction but still no sign of anything.

• Advertisement

Hey girls. Still have the lower back pain, i have it constant now since 230 this morning. Also a few niggles in my stomach but it's nothing major. I think I might have had a trickle of a leak earlier but not 100% at all so I'm wearing a pad since just incase it happens again. It's all new as I'm a ftm. Anyway have a meal booked for tonight wasn't going to go but changed my mind, don't fancy just waiting around. Congrats to everyone so far, I'll prob be the last and move over the jan thread

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Thumpette

er1983 wrote: »
    Hey girls. Still have the lower back pain, i have it constant now since 230 this morning. Also a few niggles in my stomach but it's nothing major. I think I might have had a trickle of a leak earlier but not 100% at all so I'm wearing a pad since just incase it happens again. It's all new as I'm a ftm. Anyway have a meal booked for tonight wasn't going to go but changed my mind, don't fancy just waiting around. Congrats to everyone so far, I'll prob be the last and move over the jan thread

Anything since? I think I'll join you in moving to Jan! Been having period type cramps for a few days and had really achey bum and thighs this morning but not a bother on me now! Unless things are gonna be TV show fast I think it's deffo a 2015 little dude! Best of luck!

So I was induced by them breaking my waters at 11 this morning and our beautiful baby boy was born at 7.10 this evening. Felt like a very long day at the time but all is forgotten now as everything went well and we are besotted by out new little man. Best of luck to all still waiting on babas to arrive, maybe one of you will be the first for the new year.

wex83 wrote: »
    So I was induced by them breaking my waters at 11 this morning and our beautiful baby boy was born at 7.10 this evening. Felt like a very long day at the time but all is forgotten now as everything went well and we are besotted by out new little man. Best of luck to all still waiting on babas to arrive, maybe one of you will be the first for the new year.

Aw congrats! Were you far over? What a lovely way to start the new year!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Congrats Wex...that was a long day of labour!! All worthwhile tho. Hope you and bubba are doing fab. What a way to bring in the new year xx

• Advertisement

Thumpette wrote: »
    Aw congrats! Were you far over? What a lovely way to start the new year!

I was 2 weeks over today so it was definitely time for baby to make an exit. Happy New year everyone.

Hi All. So our gorgeous baby daughter Holly arrived 3 days overdue. She was born at 22.54pm tonight weighing 6 lbs 12, we are so in love :-) oh and same bday as the hubby

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Aw what a fab birthday to have. Congratulations!

My little man arrived yesterday, 1/1/2015, weighing 9lbs 7oz!

It was pretty awful with 2 days/nights of excruciating back labour, failure to descend, than an emergency section, but he is so worth it :)

I'm currently in Holles St awake with the second nights feeding frenzy!

Congrats mrswhippy! Sorry to hear you had a tough time! I'm sure it'll be soon forgotten!

That's brilliant Mrswhippy, so glad to hear you and baby are safe :)

My lunatic not-quite one month old baby was lying on my chest when he flipped himself over onto his back and ended up on my arm :eek: I'm sure it was a fluke but still, he's absolutely mad to move and already lifts up his head and looks around during tummy time! I think I'm in trouble with this fella...

Ah lads, I can't be the only one left here? I don't even know what some of ye had! Don't leave me hangin' :pac:

Dolbert wrote: »
    Ah lads, I can't be the only one left here? I don't even know what some of ye had! Don't leave me hangin' :pac:

How is motherhood treating you?

Loving it so far Whispered, how are you getting on? My husband has been brilliant, I'm very lucky. I've managed to get back into the studio and hopefully do some gigging this year, it's great to have another focus to keep me sane!

Dónal's a mad little thing, never wants to sleep during the day but the trade off is he's pretty good at night. Only waking once and I just take him into the bed for a feed, so some sleep is being had. He was 8 weeks yesterday and is full of smiles, especially for the ladies!

IMG_20150203_090553.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 pinkshoes2012

Hi Dilbert,
    Ah Donald is so cute lovely smile. I am really enjoying motherhood to be honest I am little surprised as not a maternal person at all but loving it. I had a little girl Sophia she is 10 weeks now. She is very good she is all smiles at the moment.
    We started to give her a bottle around 11 and she head's off to sleep around 12.30 and usually sleeps till 8.30 I then take her into the bed and feed her myself. Her dad gives her her bottle so he loves that. I started giving her a bottle around week 7 and she loves it. It's great as she was a very small baby 5 8 then went down to 4 13 so she put on the weight very slowly.
    I started getting out and walking I also joined a buggy fit group which was great as put her in pram and off we go. The first month was tough as I had c section and there were complications so I wasn't able to do much husband really stepped up and did lots for us. I didn't leave the house really until after new years. Got back driving middle of Jan so feeling like I an getting my life back again. Really enjoying maternity leave now time is just flying. Had my first night out just went for dinner with few work friends last week so was lovely to get out of the house was home and all by 10. Do ye have a routine ?.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭wicklori

Hi everyone!! Very overdue update from us ðŸ˜႒
    Our little boy was born via emergency Caesarian at 9:50 am on Christmas eve. He's the most beautiful creature ever!

I am certainly disappointed I didnt get my VBAC but I put everything I had in- spontaneous labour- got to fully dilated with no epi the whole lot. But alas he was in distress.
    He's perfect and that's all that matters.
    It's been a roller coaster moving over here having him - hectic! But we're adjusting nicely to our new expanded family and his big brother is nearly 2 now- and settling in to being a big brother!
    I'm breastfeeding both of them which is a great experience but has its moments.
    I am delighted with myself and have never lived my husband more!
    Happy babymoon to you all ðŸ˜႒ðŸ˜႒ðŸ˜႒

Congrats everyone!! :) Wicklori what a lovely Christmas present!!! My baby was due on Christmas day but waited until the 1st to arrive.

My little man is 5 weeks old today and to say life has been hectic is an understatement. I'm sure you can understand the chaos Wicklori, of having a toddler and a newborn. It's exponentially more mental, particularly at bed time! :)

He is great though. We had to have his tongue tie released during the week but his feeding is improving gradually. We are co sleeping and he's doing really well at night, a feed at 12ish, 4-5ish and then 7 or 8. So very manageable. I'm back driving and getting out and about during the days, and napping with the man when I can.

Wicklori I didn't get my VBAC either. He was nearly 10lbs and OP as well, and after a couple of days in labour, he just wasn't descending. Like yourself, I did everything I could but it just wasn't to be. Given the tragic events on the January thread, I'm just happy that he is here and healthy and as you said, that is really all that matters.

Edit: Pinkshoes, I'm really looking forward to my first night out too, hopefully next week! I've been building up a freezer stash of milk for the occassion :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Plek Trum

Helllooooo ladies!

Thought Id better drop by and say a quick hello, delighted to see / hear how everything went for you all :) We had a little girl on 10th Dec, her due date and everything went really really well (CUMH), lovely labour, delivery and care, really cannot thank the staff there enough for everything!

Our little girl is flying, first baby in our house, 12 weeks old now and has transformed us all for the better. Loves her nap, bottle and giggles so we are very fortunate and grateful. We put her up to bed by 8pm after her bath, my partner wakes her at 12:30pm for a night feed, and she sleeps right through until 7am or just after... delighted (!) We are going to try phasing out the midnight feed and putting her to bed slightly later and see if she will be able to sleep through - as we are learning, its all trial and error, best not to over think or over analyse it and just be flexible :)

The biggest adjustment was being at home alone with her on maternity, I felt quite nervous for the first few weeks but have settled into it now, think nothing of bundling her up and getting out to shops, walks etc together. Had to get onto childminders for June when maternity finishes and found a lovely local woman, very recommended, so that will ease things a bit. If finances permitted, Id love to stay at home with her but alas no - we'll survive though!

Hope you and your new bundles are well, lovely spring weather to look forward to and hopefully a bright summer. Plenty of fresh air, walks and giggles when possible :)

How is everyone doing? My fella is doing great. He's very tall and slim, still in size 2 nappies! He's 24 weeks and is sleeping so well, most nights 10-7 or even later, we're blessed. I've just this week started him on solids, he's not that pushed so far :P

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Aveen

Hey All,
    Hope all going will with everyone, can't believe this time last year I was getting excited about first scans now he's sitting up unaided, time definitely flys too quick.
    With one thing or another coming up next year, my hubby and I are thinking for ttc our 2nd. But worried it's too soon because I had emcs and the little one is only 6months. But I don't want big gap and don't want mother winter baby so waiting seen wrong to me (strange I know). Anyone else thinking of another?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

lolol I was just thinking about this last night . I'm from the January thread but had my baby the end of December and we're thinking of going again soon . some days I think Yeh I'd love to then other days I think I'm mad for even contemplating it!

Our little man is almost 5 months now, time has just flown by. He has been a dream baby, really easy going and happy all the time. For those thinking of ttc again I'd say go for it. There's only just over 13 months between our two and honestly it is quite tough at times but it's not nearly as bad as I had expected. It's great now seeing the two interacting with each other plus my first lb was too young to be any way jealous of his new baby brother.

Ha Dolbert, my little fella is a little fatass :D I read your post literally seconds after I had said to my husband "we have to move him up a nappy size, he keeps leaking".

I got 200 photos printed on Friday. So happy with them and it's amazing to see the change as you flip through the photo book. He's getting so big.

Weekend after next we're gonna start solids. I'm very excited about it. So is he it seems, he nearly ate his dads hands off for a bit of orange the other day haha. And we have two teeth. Teething has been very hard on him so far. How is everyone else going?

We still have 2 wakenings during the night, usually at about 2am and again 5:30ish. We co-sleep though so it's very quick to settle him again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Aveen wrote: »
    Hey All,
    Hope all going will with everyone, can't believe this time last year I was getting excited about first scans now he's sitting up unaided, time definitely flys too quick.
    With one thing or another coming up next year, my hubby and I are thinking for ttc our 2nd. But worried it's too soon because I had emcs and the little one is only 6months. But I don't want big gap and don't want mother winter baby so waiting seen wrong to me (strange I know). Anyone else thinking of another?

Sorry just popping in from April thread (trying to keep myself awake so reading all the threads!) and saw your post. Might be worth checking with your doctor first, I also had emcs and consultant recommended I wait a minimum of one year before trying again to allow everything to heal

Advertisement