Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

December 2014 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭mrsWhippy

lashofeye wrote: »
    Hi
    I'm over from due jan 15 page, due jan 1st ! I'm 34 weeks and my baby is in breech position too!!!
    Do you mind me asking op what happened on your first when it was breech thanks

It's standard procedure here to do an elective section for breech babies. There just aren't any experienced consultants any more in the Irish maternity hospitals to attend breech births as far as I know.

I was assessed for an ECV in the Holles St breech clinic at 37 weeks - it's less likely to work for first time mothers as there is less room generally, things are 'tighter' and it does add a bit of risk to the baby, they might get distressed and it may end in an emergency section. We decided against it but plenty of women do go for it, and it turns the baby successfully!

So I was given a section date at 39 weeks, and scanned that morning. If the baby had turned, I would have been sent home to wait for a natural labour, but she hadn't so I was sectioned at 10am that morning. It wasn't all that bad, very 'civilised' and calm and my daughter was healthy most importantly! Just not too impressed I may be facing a second section. They don't like to wait much longer than 39 weeks in case you end up going into labour and then having to get an emergency section - better all round that it's a planned section.

Anyway at 34 weeks, there is still time for your baby to turn. They generally aren't too concerned until 36/37 weeks when it's less likely (but it does still happen!).

Best of luck with it - oh and check out the Spinning Babies website for ideas to help baby turn :)

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭lashofeye

Thanks for that I'm hoping and praying baby turns !!!! How long do u need to stay in after wards ??? Il def be checking out that website :) thanks again

Thanks for that I'm hoping and praying baby turns !!!! How long do u need to stay in after wards ??? Il def be checking out that website :) thanks again

I stayed for only 2 nights because I was eligible for the Early Release scheme - but I think it's usually 2-5 nights. I couldn't wait to get home tbh!

Keep us posted! I'm 37 weeks on Thursday - have a consultant apt so will find out where mine is lying then (pretty sure he is still breech though)

• Registered Users Posts: 22 pinkshoes2012

Hi ladies,
    Hope everyone is doing well and getting organised for the new arrivals. I am sitting here in my sitting room with my bundle of joy feeding her.
    I guess I should really be posting this on the November thread. My little princess arrived 10 days early. We went out for the 37 weeks scan November 14th my last day of work before maternity leave started on the Monday 17th. The consultant wasn't happy with the babies weight so we had to go back on the Tuesday 18th. He gave us the last appointment as I was getting my hair done. After the scan the consultant said this baby will need to be born this week and can we come in Thursday morning. He gave me a sweep to try and see if this would get things going. I was totally shocked as I wasn't expecting this to happen and I had a busy few days of pampering and dinner dates plus the house wasn't ready. I got waxing and tinting done on the Wednesday. Had to cancel my dinner date with friends on Thursday.
    The hubby and I arrived out at the hospital for 7 Thursday morning they gave me a gel to try to induced me. The consultant took a look at me later in the afternoon he decided to give me another gel at 6 as things were not really progressing. I started getting pains after this so I was thinking oh good I must be in the way. The midwife sent my husband home at 10. I was allowed pain relief as the pains were pretty bad.
    I was awakened at 6 and checked I had not dilated at all. The midwife put the baby monitor on me they didn't like what they saw and the consultant was a called. I was then told that I was going to have a c section. I managed to call husband at 6.50 and told him I was getting a section and to get to hospital
    At this stage I thought that I would be having section in a few hours. Thankfully we are only a 15 min drive from the hospital. When I got into the theater everyone was there. My husband arrived a few minutes later. Sophia was born at 7.24 on Friday morning a small baby 5 pounds 8 oz. I was then stitched up and my husband got to spend some time with our little girl. Once I was stitched up I was brought to the recovery room. Sophia was placed on my chest and she latched on straight away like a pro. We were kept in hospital until Wednesday morning. So in total I was in almost a week, I should have been left home on Tuesday but there was a complication with the section it bruised up as a result of the injection I was getting to try and prevent blood clots.
    We are doing very well and the breastfeeding is going great. With the section there are quite a few things you can't do no hovering, driving, lifting hubby has been great but I do miss the independent ah well just going to relax and take it easy for next few weeks.

Sorry for the very long reply but so much has happened I just wanted to share it all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Pink shoes! Congratulations :)

I bet you're delighted to be home with your little one. Delighted for you (and a wee bit jealous :p) xx

Wow Pinkshoes, congratulations!!! That must have been a very surreal week for you. Very glad to hear everything is well and the breastfeeding is going smoothly, I remember the first few weeks are tough!

Why were they concerned with her weight btw? 5lbs is small but not tiny I don't think? Were they concerned about placenta or anything?

Anyway, delighted for you. Enjoy those tiny cuddles :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Ahhh congratulations pinkshoes! I can't believe the December babies have started to appear :eek: I definitely feel like I need more time to be 'ready' (as if)!

Baby and bump currently feel enormous. I have all of these odd jobs to do before he arrives but no energy to do them. I'm going to at the very least order the last of my Christmas shopping online before the weekend is out to feel like I've accomplished something!

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭nuttykat

Hi
    I'm over from due jan 15 page, due jan 1st ! I'm 34 weeks and my baby is in breech position too!!!
    Do you mind me asking op what happened on your first when it was breech thanks

This is my first pregnancy and discovered at 36 wks that baby had turned to breech position.
    I was brought in at 37 for ECV, thankfully it was successful so back to the waiting game for me..
    I tried acupuncture and spinning babies website. All the best at your next appt.

The placenta was working correctly the consultant just wasn't happy that she was thriving inside me and just thought that she would be better outside. To be honest my husband and I are not very big people so we were not going to be having a big baby.
    Oh it's just amazing to hold your baby for the first time. I cannot praise the midwifes in the hospital enough they were just brilliant. They were very good showing me different positions to try with the breastfeeding. One thing girls your dignity just goes out the window the midwife were pulling and dragging at my nipples you just have to go with the flow. Well after the section they had seen everything anyhow.
    Just to warn ye ladies there were quite a good few tears but they were happy tears. Everytime I looked at tthis tiny person in the cot beside me I just thought oh we made this it's just amazing. The cleaning lady came in one day to me and said oh she is so cute I just broke down then she almost started crying. That lasted until I got home. Hubby is well used of me at this stage. It's just amazing though enjoy every minute.

• Advertisement

The placenta was working correctly the consultant just wasn't happy that she was thriving inside me and just thought that she would be better outside. To be honest my husband and I are not very big people so we were not going to be having a big baby.
    Oh it's just amazing to hold your baby for the first time. I cannot praise the midwifes in the hospital enough they were just brilliant. They were very good showing me different positions to try with the breastfeeding. One thing girls your dignity just goes out the window the midwife were pulling and dragging at my nipples you just have to go with the flow. Well after the section they had seen everything anyhow.
    Just to warn ye ladies there were quite a good few tears but they were happy tears. Everytime I looked at tthis tiny person in the cot beside me I just thought oh we made this it's just amazing. The cleaning lady came in one day to me and said oh she is so cute I just broke down then she almost started crying. That lasted until I got home. Hubby is well used of me at this stage. It's just amazing though enjoy every minute.

Happy December ladies :)

Blood pressure is up again so I'm back in hospital being monitored. No other signs of preeclampsia so I'm hopeful all will be okay. Still waiting to hear if/when I can go home.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭fall

Over from the January thread just to wish you all well and congrats to Pink shoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hi guys, quick question. How far do you think its is safe to travel by car when you are over your due date? I am a week over and need to go overnight from Limerick to Kerry.

Thanks,x

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭The One Doctor

AnonQuest wrote: »
    Hi guys, quick question. How far do you think its is safe to travel by car when you are over your due date? I am a week over and need to go overnight from Limerick to Kerry.

Thanks,x

It's safe enough to travel, however I wouldn't recommend driving yourself with no-one else in the car, especially overnight. It'd be risky to drive alone at night with no-one to accompany you, especially in the middle of nowhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Dolbert wrote: »
    Blood pressure is up again so I'm back in hospital being monitored. No other signs of preeclampsia so I'm hopeful all will be okay. Still waiting to hear if/when I can go home.

Hopefully everything is ok. It's such a worry I'm sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Dolbert wrote: »

I know being in hospital is horrible but at least you know they're looking after you and bubs. How long until your due date?

Thanks girls. They've decided to keep me overnight and start me on BP medication, with a reassessment tomorrow. They also mentioned baby's stomach being small and depending on how things go, a possible induction this week :eek: But we shall see!

They gave me a sweep too which was actually fine, I know it can sometimes be painful. Have a little cramping now but it doesn't feel like anything will start by itself just yet. I'm due in 2 weeks and baby's head is still quite high.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Thumpette

Happy due month everyone! I'm due on the 31st so not optimistic about a Dec babba but very excited all the same!

• Advertisement

I've been released! At home now in my own bed and feeling fine. Hopefully the little monkey stays put a little longer <3

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭lashofeye

So had my scan today and baby had turned yippppeeeee!!!! Baby is 6 pounds in weight (yikes) so consultant reckons I will be brought in after christmas !!!! So I could very well be having a December baby !!!! Will find out on 23rd

TMI but has anyone got ridiculously sore breasts and nipples? All of a sudden mine are killing me, I'm going around clutching my chest and whimpering! Breastfeeding is gonna be fun...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

No pain,just leakage for the last while,cant believe I've gone through a box of breast pads before giving birth!!

Times like this I wonder why I read ahead and see what to expect :o

I haven't leaked per se, just discovering a little white powdery residue in my bra every evening. Such a sexy and glamorous time...

Oh angel it's just such an amazing time I promise,like today at work the baby moved and squished a fart out of me,thanks be to god shop was empty But I was just mortified!!

I seem to leak mostly at evenings and nighttime. How long have you left Dolbert?

Lashes28 wrote: »
    Oh angel it's just such an amazing time I promise,like today at work the baby moved and squished a fart out of me,thanks be to god shop was empty But I was just mortified!!

That is hilarious :D:D

LMAO Lashes! I have 12 days left, but who's counting? *hyperventilates*

• Advertisement

Lol Dilbert I've 28 days left,dunno if it's baby brain or lack of sleep but a woman asked me when I was due the other day and my first thought was how does she know I'm pregnant?
    Time has just gone so fast I'm not sure if it's actually hit me yet?

Advertisement