Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

December 2014 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭HazelBee

er1983 wrote: »
    I might sound stupid here, but what do the contractions feel like? Be handy to know. On and off I'm getting period like niggles at bottom of bump and lower back ache

I wonder the same, will I really know when they've started!

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭fall

The niggles and back pain are all signs of the baby moving into position. I remember wondering would I know what was a real contraction. You definitely will especially because of the regularity and that when well established they will last for about a minute. You would find it hard to talk through them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

How are the other December mothers to be getting on? Dónal and I are flying it. He's two weeks old today and he's back up past his birth weight, he's now a (teeny!) 6lb 2oz and the PHN is delighted with him :) He's putting on a bit of baby fat finally, and looking for feeds by himself rather than us having to wake him. The combination feeding is working really well for us, the bottles are helping him to bulk up and we still get the breastfeeding goodness. He's the best <3

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭mrsWhippy

Great to hear Dolbert!

I'm 3 days from D-day and dying to evict this baby! Feeling good overall just wrecked and its difficult to look after my 2 year old with such a huge bump and the low energy levels. Doubt he will be here this side of Christmas but will not give up hope either ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

I was thinking this thread had gotten very quiet maybe everyone was having babies!! 9days left until due date for me. Hoping to have had gone before Xmas but that seems very unlikely at this stage!
    Great to hear Dolbert bet it seems like he was always here!? How did you manage visitors? Was thinking if having everyone over one day and getting them all over and done with

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭witchity2

4 days to edd here. Loads of niggles and back pain and BH but nothing really seems to be happening.

Have gone for acupuncture twice had a pregnancy massage ate a whole pineapple last night and all the other things you're meant to do. Think this one will be just like my other 2 where I went 14 and 12 days over.

Still keep hoping it'll happen before Christmas!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 wex83

5 days overdue here and really want this baby out now! Have had accupuaccupuncture twice and had appointment with midwife today and head is right down now, so she did a sweep but told me not to get my hopes up of it getting anything moving. Hopefully something will happen over next couple of days, would be great if baby made an arrival before Christmas!

Lashes28 wrote: »
    Great to hear Dolbert bet it seems like he was always here!? How did you manage visitors? Was thinking if having everyone over one day and getting them all over and done with

We actually did the opposite, just had one or two people over at a time. Much less exhausting and you can look forward to the visits then!

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭er1983

Hey everyone. Had midwife checkup this morning. My edd is 29th dec and offered to give me a sweep on 5th jan making me one week over. Does anyone have any experience of getting it done?

er1983 wrote: »
    Hey everyone. Had midwife checkup this morning. My edd is 29th dec and offered to give me a sweep on 5th jan making me one week over. Does anyone have any experience of getting it done?

I had an appointment and asked for a sweep today but midwife said no.

They basically run their fingers to try and separate the membranes from the cervix or something like that. It's a bit uncomfortable and you will probably bleed a little afterwards and feel some cramping but if you are.anyway near ready to go it would help.
    HTH

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭lashofeye

Do had 38 week check up this morning and they decided to induce me on dec 26th so will now be having a dec 2014 baby! Not officially due until jan 5th. 🎄👶

I'm one week overdue tomorrow and had a sweep done yesterday. It was a bit uncomfortable but bearable and couldn't say it was painful. I had little bleeding after and now today I've had a show and I'm feeling a bit crampy, so fingers crossed something is starting to happen!

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭nuttykat

Happy Christmas to all x

Merry Christmas everyone! If any of you are in hospital I hope you have a little one to snuggle or will meet them very soon x

Officially 1 day overdue here :)

Been getting intermittent pains and cramps over the last 24 hours but nothing regular. Hope this won't go on too much longer before the main event!

Hope you all had a lovely Christmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭The One Doctor

mrsWhippy wrote: »
    Officially 1 day overdue here :)

Been getting intermittent pains and cramps over the last 24 hours but nothing regular. Hope this won't go on too much longer before the main event!

Hope you all had a lovely Christmas!

Congrats!

Niamh was born today at 1414. Labour was no fun until she arrived and all the effort is forgotten.

Congrats The One Doctor! I hope those pains were promising MrsWhippy x

1 day over here. Been having on and off cramps and backache and tons oF BH for days now. Twice I really thought it was happening but nope. It's just like my other 2. Hopefully it doesn't go on for another 2 weeks.

Congrats!

Niamh was born today at 1414. Labour was no fun until she arrived and all the effort is forgotten.

Congrats. So happy for you. Lovely name too ☺

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Congratulations!

• Advertisement

Congratulations The One Doctor!

Still here, 2 days over. Had regular ish pains from 5 am this morning but nothing is happening. Think it's going to be another week at this rate, might have to drop into the January thread! ;)

mrsWhippy wrote: »

Still here, 2 days over. Had regular ish pains from 5 am this morning but nothing is happening. Think it's going to be another week at this rate, might have to drop into the January thread! ;)

Think I'll be joining you ☺

Congrats to all the new Mummys. 10 days over now and getting very fed up! Was 11 days over on first baby so I'm really hoping something starts to happen tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Neil is 15 days old and amazing. I am a basket case of worry though. He's too hot, too cold, hungry, ate too much, hasn't pooped in two days, omg had two poops in one day etc.

He's settling great though. It's like he has always been here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭nuttykat

Baby girl born this afternoon after being induced, she is perfect xx good luck to everyone else waiting x

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Congratulations:-)

Here's a list of babies who have arrived so far, have I left anyone out? There are a few posters who've gone silent over the last few days, hopefully they've had some good news :)

Pinkshoes2012: 21st November, baby girl
    Dolbert: 8th December, baby boy
    KERSPLAT!: 13th December, baby boy
    Whispered: 14th December, baby boy
    The One Doctor: 26th December, baby girl
    Lashofeye: 27th December, baby girl
    Nuttykat: 28th December, baby girl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Our lad arrived on the 12th :)

Good luck to all those still waiting :)

Congrats KERSPLAT!!!
    4 days over here and feeling very frustrated 😕

• Advertisement

witchity2 wrote: »
    Congrats KERSPLAT!!!
    4 days over here and feeling very frustrated 😕

5 days over here, feel like I'm living in limbo!! Argh so annoying. Haven't the energy to get out much either so it feels like a real waste of Xmas holidays!

How are you feeling

Advertisement