Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

gizmo wrote: »
    €20 for the GOTY version of the game with all of the DLC is still pretty great value given the amount of hours of gameplay it offers. If it's just for the vanilla version then i'd say hold till you can get said version for said price. :)
    Just checked, it's 20 for the base edition on steam at the mo, 30 for GOTY.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Angron wrote: »
    Just checked, it's 20 for the base edition on steam at the mo, 30 for GOTY.
    Aye, looked here and saw that the base was £20 so had a feeling it was just going to be for the vanilla. With the release of the Pre-Sequel BL2 content was on sale from a bunch of retailers recently but I'm sure the original will be back for similar prices around Halloween or Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,233 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Finished the main story with Claptrap. Was playing TVHM but cannot even get close to defeating Deadlift. One of the worst designed bosses I've ever come across. A level littered with jumppads and on multiple platforms, in a first person shooter, is ridiculous. It's near impossible to get second winds because the minor enemies are scattered all over the place, and falling off a platform or hitting a jumppad accidentally can happen way too often. Plus Deadlifts main attacks are all electric based. Electric laser, electric bubbles and electric floor. And if you lose track of him it's too hard to find him again due to the different platforms etc. It's an immense amount of bullsh*t crammed into one boss fight. Not to mention the amount of times I've gotten Meat Unicycle as Claptrap's skill, which is worthless in that fight.

Rather than progressing with Claptrap, I'm going to try Athena out for a while. Claptrap's skill is brilliant in some cases, diabolical in others. Pirate Ship mode is lethal, but too slow. Torgue Fiesta can do too much damage to yourself. Most of the rest are worthless apart from Blightbot. The randomness of it will be too dicey for me for TVHM.

Enjoying Athena so far. Going to progress down the Phalanx skill tree for playthrough 1, then the ceraunic storm one for TVHM. Should be a fairly good combo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Out of all the action skills nisha and wilhelm are instantly good. The other 2 only later on or depending on how you spec them , like with athena it will stop you taking damage but you have to be mindful of the time and aim at the end even then it's still not guaranteed a kill.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Wilhelm with cool downs and shield boosts from column C then follow Column A and hes very strong with Wolf/Saint

• Advertisement

Just got another easter egg in serenity waste there , Phonic the Kraggon
    He's blue and does a spinning attack and when you kill him end explodes a ring of money
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭viperirl

This is my level 46 Wilhelm. In the first playthrough I only went down the Hunter-Killer tree but in TVHM I found that Wolf wasnt quite as effective in the later levels and I didnt want to be dependent on him for damage either. So I went down Cyber Commando to buff up Wilhelm himself plus some survivabilty from Deadnought yet keeping Wolf out as long as possible so he can provide a distraction. Laser Guided is great for that.
    The Legendary class mod adds points to Fire Support, Man and Machine, Energise, Aux Tanks and Afterburner I think. Quite happy with this and I think its well balanced between DPS and survival.

Like to whip out the shotgun a lot too so I didnt think that Laser Focus was worth the extra damage it gives so I put just point in that.

http://thepresequel.com/Wilhelm/540110000001505020305150500000000

They have a halloween event on this weekend Un-Deadlift is dropping a unique shotgun. It fires exploding pumpkins.

1st DLC announced http://borderlandsthegame.com/index.php/news/handsome-jack-is-coming-to-borderlands-the-pre-sequel-as-a-downloadable-add

Play as Jacks's double, can't say I've much interest to be honest.

20 golden keys

PSN: C55BT-S95HR-FZT5J-H3K3J-5H5TW
    Steam: C55BT-S95HK-HTT3J-B3J3J-5H5CR
    Xbox Live: C55BT-S95CJ-CXX3R-C6J3J-5H5J3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 sharmander

Damn, I'm so annoyed I missed the event with un-Deadlift as that shotgun sounded awesome!

Has anyone bothered to play as Doppelganger Jack yet? I'm cautiously interested in trying him out. I initially tried to solo with Claptrap and got frustrated and started playing with Nisha instead. Already enjoying my campaign so much more!

sharmander wrote: »
    Damn, I'm so annoyed I missed the event with un-Deadlift as that shotgun sounded awesome!

Has anyone bothered to play as Doppelganger Jack yet? I'm cautiously interested in trying him out. I initially tried to solo with Claptrap and got frustrated and started playing with Nisha instead. Already enjoying my campaign so much more!

It wasn't , check their website / forums I know they issued a shift key for it. Might still work.

The DLC is just a character....no levels. I was expecting TinyTina/KNoxx type addon, not worth a tenner.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 sharmander

Fantastic news! Thank you so much for letting me know.

Thanks to yourself and Angron I'll have that shotgun and all the shift codes I'd missed over the last few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

From reading the thread I'm glad I waited/will wait for a GOTY Edition of this.

UVHM announced http://www.xboxachievements.com/news/news-19795-Ultimate-Vault-Hunter-Mode-Coming-to-Borderlands--The-Pre-Sequel.html

and its free.

Not sure what the point would be without a level cap increase though. Even at that I'd certainly not be willing to reacquire stuff in this to the extent I did in BL2 where I did it .... how many times was the cap raised ???? 3 I think wasn't it?

3 new achievements listed for this, from the looks of them it's an arena :mad:

So glad I didn't get a season pass now.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

New DLC (Claptastic Voyage) coming on March 27th.

http://borderlandsthegame.com/index.php/news/borderlands-the-pre-sequel-claptastic-voyage-and-ultimate-vault-hunter-upgr
    In Claptastic Voyage, Handsome Jack has found something ludicrously powerful within Claptrap’s mind. Never one to turn down a chance for more power, Handsome Jack digitizes the Vault Hunters and sends them inside! Their goal is simple: find the mysterious “H-Source” code and get out of Claptrap’s consciousness without going completely insane. These anti-heroes will have to deal with Claptrap’s personal insecurities, his malware, and digital representations of his crushing loneliness.

Claptastic Voyage will answer important Borderlands questions like why Claptrap loves dubstep so much, all while exploring his inner most thoughts. You’ll also get a chance to visit all-new environments, make new friends (and run into some old ones), and get some new gear as well as new unique Achievements or Trophies. On top of that, Claptastic Voyage features a new customizable arena that lets you choose your own gravity settings, enemy difficulty, and more. There’s also a brand new glitched weapons system and many more fun surprises for you to discover.

Additionally, the Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack 2 is included as bonus content in the last add-on pack for the Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Season Pass, which raises the level cap to 70, giving each of your characters 10 new levels, plus 10 new skill points to earn.

Could be fun, but I'm a borderlands burnout....

Cormac... wrote: »

Present Cormac agrees with Past Cormac.

Looks like the Handsome Jack collection is the way to go

• Registered Users Posts: 8,893 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The Claptastic Voyage is getting great reviews. Out later this week.

That advert was sooooo NOT Borderlands.... The 1st 90 seconds made me want to hide behind my couch. CRINGE
    Looking forward to seeing 4 attractive women playing this on girly, sober, pyjama-party nights now, just need to fix my night vision lens and I'm away!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

See you there

• Registered Users Posts: 8,893 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Day one patch on PS4 is 8.31gb but it is actually Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel’s Claptastic Voyage which was not completed in time for the release to be included on the original game disk so it’s being handed out as an additional download.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Tried both games out for a couple of hours the last 2 nights. Will have to give each class a quick go, before settling on what one to use. Liking the the class that lets you spawn a robot in Borderlands 2.

wes wrote: »
    Tried both games out for a couple of hours the last 2 nights. Will have to give each class a quick go, before settling on what one to use. Liking the the class that lets you spawn a robot in Borderlands 2.

Mechromancer? Yeah if you pair that in MP with a Commando you have a melee robot and a turret, good for drawing fire. And in 4 player MP... well that's 6 of you laying waste to everything :)

Mechromancer?

Yeah, thats the one, the robot is very cool. Still have to
    Yeah if you pair that in MP with a Commando you have a melee robot and a turret, good for drawing fire. And in 4 player MP... well that's 6 of you laying waste to everything :)

The commando looks like another good class to try as well.

Tried the Lawbringer on pre-sequel, and not a fan of the gun ability. Its an ok ability, but not as cool as a robot. Will try the enforce, who has Drones which should be fun. Also, Captain Jack and Ice-woman looking interesting as well.

Tried the Lawbringer on pre-sequel, and not a fan of the gun ability. Its an ok ability, but not as cool as a robot. Will try the enforce, who has Drones which should be fun. Also, Captain Jack and Ice-woman looking interesting as well.

By all accounts Claptraps ability in the Pre-Sequel is the most useless as it's totally random..... but think of the drunken Multiplayer 4 player fun.... And really the fun is all I'm here for :pac:

http://www.primagames.com/games/borderlands-pre-sequel/feature/borderlands-pre-sequel-choosing-best-class

Anyway, it's pre-ordered on Amazon.co.uk so I'll have it mid-next week.

Would be good to get some of the Destiny crew together playing this for the laugh

• Registered Users Posts: 33,233 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Yeah, thats the one, the robot is very cool. Still have to

The commando looks like another good class to try as well.

Athena The Gladiator is pretty great in TPS. Her shield absorbs pretty much all front damage and deals it back in return. Going to try Jack for this next playthrough though.

• Advertisement

By all accounts Claptraps ability in the Pre-Sequel is the most useless as it's totally random..... but think of the drunken Multiplayer 4 player fun.... And really the fun is all I'm here for :pac:

Claptrap abilities sound like they could be fun, but maybe a bit annoying if they fail at a boss or something.
    Would be good to get some of the Destiny crew together playing this for the laugh

Yeah, good idea.
    Bad Horse wrote: »
    Athena The Gladiator is pretty great in TPS. Her shield absorbs pretty much all front damage and deals it back in return.

That sounds cool too. Will have to give all the characters a quick go at least on the pre-sequel, as not too sure which one I would like best.

Advertisement