Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,233 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Having played as Axton and Sal in BL2, and playing as Claptrap now, I'll say one thing...

Regenerating health should come as standard. Both Axton and Sal had unlockable skills fairly early on for it, and I presumed the other characters did too. I'm about level 16 with Claptrap and can't see any regenerating health skill. A game like this really needs one.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

There is a skill for claptrap that gives him health regen when he scores a status effect on something - it stacks and doesn't last very long though

It's in the middle tree, second or third tier of skills. And tbh it's not all that helpful either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Vending machines seem to have a much better chance of rolling something good this time out, all my hours in BL:2 I never once saw a legendary but this time out I've seen 4 so far, just picked up another four season nade mod and a fabled tortoise shield which even with it's hit to max health is great at lvl 16.

I've also got epic class mods and Oz kits from them.

what were lumeshine bonuses on those??? I got one with an XP boost which is a great help.

• Advertisement

There is a skill for claptrap that gives him health regen when he scores a status effect on something - it stacks and doesn't last very long though

It's in the middle tree, second or third tier of skills. And tbh it's not all that helpful either

Aye, have that alright. Pretty scrappy though. Also using a skill where killing enemies nova health when they die. If you're close enough to them it works well enough.

One more thing about Claptrap though; on more than one occasion Clap-in-the-box has killed an enemy, but I've still gone into FFYL with no enemies left to kill. CITB shouldn't kill you.

calex71 wrote: »
    what were lumeshine bonuses on those??? I got one with an XP boost which is a great help.

Cant remember - not as useful as XP though, probably melee damage because i ended up selling three of them and using the 4th for about 10 minutes before i found a freezing sniper rifle
    Penn wrote: »
    Aye, have that alright. Pretty scrappy though. Also using a skill where killing enemies nova health when they die. If you're close enough to them it works well enough.

One more thing about Claptrap though; on more than one occasion Clap-in-the-box has killed an enemy, but I've still gone into FFYL with no enemies left to kill. CITB shouldn't kill you.

Yeah, that's happened me a few times - so using the action skill for clappy just because you're low on hp is a gamble at best

Just opened the box
    in Moxii's Bar
    the laser is said by to be viable up to end game. Some other nice bits in it too.

Is it me or are there little or no farmable bosses/respawnable named enemies in this ???

Just tried the end boss there and he makes the warrior look like a kitten :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭viperirl

calex71 wrote: »
    Is it me or are there little or no farmable bosses/respawnable named enemies in this ???

Just tried the end boss there and he makes the warrior look like a kitten :eek:

Yip, I noticed that too. It sure is gonna make the search for 'end of game' legendaries that bit harder as a result. I'm just about to face the final boss myself but wont get back to it till tomorrow or midweek I'd say. I heard it's a long battle.
    I'm a level 26 Wilhelm so not sure if that's underpowered for the boss. I did come across a few of his level 28 minions on the way down to him.

I felt that the second half of the game was a lot better than the first half. Much of the lunar landscape early on was pretty forgetful.

Any PC players here? Wouldnt mind teaming up for the final boss or for UVHM later.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,145 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Is it a lot shorter than bl2? Ye seem to have made the final boss pretty fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

From what I've read, I'm in no mad rush to get this game... Seems like 3rd best compared to the other two.

The second half of the story is picking up a bit thankfully. Have to admit the bit with
    Felicity becoming a Constructor
    was very well done. Just done the mission where you
    rescue the Hyperion Scientists
    . I seemed a bit underpowered for it and am definitely underpowered for the next one, so doing some side missions for a while.

The Grinder is a bit rubbish unfortunately. I rarely have three of the same weapon types, and if I do chances are one is a few levels lower than the others which means it's not really worthwhile. I'd nearly prefer if you could throw any combination of weapon types in (eg. two assault rifles and an SMG) and get something. More of a way to get rid of unwanted guns rather than selling them.

Overall though, the game is definitely lacking in several areas compared to BL2. Humour, characters, settings, story, enemies.... even the missions don't have the sense of urgency most of the BL2 story missions did.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Is it a lot shorter than bl2? Ye seem to have made the final boss pretty fast.

Yeah much shorter, but the story missions are longer, much longer.

Just found the secret
    super mario level
    :pac:

Before that the
    RK5
    boss fight was a pain at level 25 solo I had to hide in the lift, couldn't figure out how to damage it , seemed random as to when I could deal damage :confused: and of course nothing dropped.

They seem to want to push the grinder for getting gear but in order to get legendary gear from it you have to put 1 purple and 2 legendary in and it will scale to the lowest level item you put in.

Story wise I really liked it , tied in elements from the other games well.

I really like the lasers, about 500 badass away from getting that
    legendary laser stuck in the stone

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

My computer is a bit fecked, so it's gonna be a good while before I get to play this :( Get the feeling if/when I get to play this my first playthrough will be as Claptrap.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Xyo

So is this worth buying now? I saw somewhere online people saying there isn't enough content to warrant the price + season pass is too expensive.

Also is the o2 mechanic present in the whole game or does it become a non-issue at some stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭viperirl

Xyo wrote: »
    So is this worth buying now? I saw somewhere online people saying there isn't enough content to warrant the price + season pass is too expensive.

Also is the o2 mechanic present in the whole game or does it become a non-issue at some stage?

The o2 mechanic is always present when outdoors but there are plenty of o2 vents and bubbles that you can activate. I didnt die once from it so I would say it isnt really an issue. Still have to keep an eye on it though.

As for the worth buying........For me anyway, its probably worth it if you were a big BL2 fan and are prepared to go through the second and 3rd playthroughs. BL2 really came alive once UVHM became active. Just my 2c.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭AirBiscuit

I'm in love with this gun....
    You get it as a mission reward after the one where you
    save Pickle's sister

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

AirBiscuit wrote: »
    I'm in love with this gun....
    You get it as a mission reward after the one where you
    save Pickle's sister

Its brilliant :D

Having great fun with it, does some serious damage too.

Vibra Pulse laser is the best one I;ve got so far, 154% boost for continuous damage and shock element so slices through shields. Arcs to near by enemies and like all moxxi guns it heals per damage done. Can;t wait to get it again on TVHM.

Edit: The Ending..... Massive Spoilers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Finally find out what happens Jacks face !!!!

Edit: Edit: Raid boss was a big let down :( as was the loot

• Advertisement

Ninja'd the
    Longnail sniper rifle
    from a random game while almost single handedly taking out the boss so don't feel in the least bit guilty, others were not happy and got some messages to the effect but I was happy to have a gun that ignones shields :pac:

Also got my badass rank high enough to get
    excalibastard
    I must be missing something because it does not live up to it's 800 dmg stat at level 33 even on lower level mobs it's not all that good.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,644 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Is this game harder or easier to play than Borderlands 2?

Jordan 191 wrote: »

I'm most of the way through, but I'd say it's almost definitely easier. Fewer bosses, Cryo weapons are better than slag and less enemy variation are pretty big factors.

Jordan 191 wrote: »

Haven't touched TVHM yet but there are a lot less enemies over all and the groups they spawn in are much smaller and more spaced out. So much easier imo.

Hopefully the difficulty gets turned up a notch on TVHM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Dr. Mantis Toboggan

I've a bit of a strange problem with this and also BL2, I USB tether my phone off my pc for the internet (fair play to Three and unlimited data) but when i play either of the Borderlands there is a terrible stutter when i have the phone tethered. Once i unplug it the game runs perfectly at optimised settings.

Anyone know anyway around this? Wouldnt mind being able to play it online.

I've a bit of a strange problem with this and also BL2, I USB tether my phone off my pc for the internet (fair play to Three and unlimited data) but when i play either of the Borderlands there is a terrible stutter when i have the phone tethered. Once i unplug it the game runs perfectly at optimised settings.

Anyone know anyway around this? Wouldnt mind being able to play it online.

Does it happen with other games or just Borderlands?

Penn wrote: »
    Does it happen with other games or just Borderlands?

Just Borderlands 2 and TPS. Turning down video settings etc make no difference, the only way to stop the stuttering is to disconnect the tether. Bloody weird one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭AirBiscuit

Just Borderlands 2 and TPS. Turning down video settings etc make no difference, the only way to stop the stuttering is to disconnect the tether. Bloody weird one.

it might be the voice chat, I'm in a similar situation and I notice it freezes when I press the push to talk button.

AirBiscuit wrote: »
    it might be the voice chat, I'm in a similar situation and I notice it freezes when I press the push to talk button.

No, literally the second i set up the connection it starts stuttering. Same when disconnecting. Weird one, just means I'll wont be playing online.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,145 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Is it just me or is there a lot less fast travel stations around this time? I don't remember BL2 feeling like this much a chore to get around.

Advertisement