Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

It detects your saves from the previous games you get a weapon, skin and moonstones for each BL1 and BL2 plus bonus moonstones if you have both :)

Edit: Oh you now have to collect the golden keys from a machine for the loot chest, they won't automatically be given to a character.

In the 1st area 3 side and one story mission done, said I'd look around spot a lava fall with a ridge to the side so up I go make my way through the cave that dead ends with a hole in the floor so down I go ......
    Boss called Iwajira is there to greet me
    lvl 30 I'm lvl 3, that didn't end well :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

calex71 wrote: »
    In the 1st area 3 side and one story mission done, said I'd look around spot a lava fall with a ridge to the side so up I go make my way through the cave that dead ends with a hole in the floor so down I go ......
    Boss called Iwajira is there to greet me
    lvl 30 I'm lvl 3, that didn't end well :D

Few of them I found level 11 dudes when I was 3. Theres a broken train nearby worth investigating ;)

Anyone know what the teleporting matrix thingie monument is all about?

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Few of them I found level 11 dudes when I was 3. Theres a broken train nearby worth investigating ;)

Anyone know what the teleporting matrix thingie monument is all about?

Missed the train where is that ?

Just got my 1st laser weapon pew pew pew !!!! and it's Tediore and of course the 1st thing that happened was killing myself when opening a chest by reloading it :D

Any one meet
    Nel
    I called him a d1ck as part of that quest and later while exploring near by found
    some letters you can put on a board that does the same
    don't do it
    he calls lvl 29 mobs
    another boss for later I guess.

Edit : If you want to see it for yourself get up on top of the really tall building across from him and find the letter board.

There is a mission Early on called Torgue-o I think it was, anyway probably best to accept it and not do it or do it but don't turn it in. You will see why ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

Looking forward to this. What are ye guys thoughts after a few hours? Waiting on my g2play pre order key which has not arrived yet. Ger!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

it's not as good as BL2 (first impressions)- that said i've played like 2 hours of it and managed to pick a class i dont like..

I dunno, it feels forced or something where in BL2 it was casually comical, again i may feel differently after another hour or two with a new character

Looking forward to this. What are ye guys thoughts after a few hours? Waiting on my g2play pre order key which has not arrived yet. Ger!

Having fun with it so far but ..... something feels off with the shooting in this or maybe its just me , playing on xbox but often you can be shooting and hitting nothing even at short / medium range, you could have the pointer on the enemy and go to scope or iron sights and it will be miles off them as in it will be up and to the left of them etc. :confused:

Also I will almost put money on them nerfing the cooldown on Nishas action skill it's unreal short and thats out of the gate with no buffs from a class mod or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

Having fun with it so far but ..... something feels off with the shooting in this or maybe its just me , playing on xbox but often you can be shooting and hitting nothing even at short / medium range, you could have the pointer on the enemy and go to scope or iron sights and it will be miles off them as in it will be up and to the left of them etc. :confused:

Also I will almost put money on them nerfing the cooldown on Nishas action skill it's unreal short and thats out of the gate with no buffs from a class mod or anything.

Ya that is strange. Getting it on pc so will update thread on what aiming is like. Hopefully patched of xbox asap :)

it's not as good as BL2 (first impressions)- that said i've played like 2 hours of it and managed to pick a class i dont like..

I dunno, it feels forced or something where in BL2 it was casually comical, again i may feel differently after another hour or two with a new character

Who did you start as out of interest?

• Advertisement

Nisha - i know that cooldown is great but i just dont like the class tbh

I got level 7 or so,
    met Moxxi, Roland and Lillith
    and just dont want to go any further with the character tonight, i might feel differently tomorrow but then i might just roll another toon to see what it's like.

Probably roll Wilhelm tomorrow for the craic

I got level 7 or so,
    and just dont want to go any further with the character tonight, i might feel differently tomorrow but then i might just roll another toon to see what it's like.

Did you get the bullpup shotgun with her when starting for having a save from BL1 and 2? I'm still using it at lvl 10, weird thing is it doesn't have a lvl. It doesn't scal or anything but it's still taking out mobs at lvl 10 with ease :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Got it on ps3 went windhelm, fps insnt great. I also have that aim issue. Im enjoying it got to lvl 11, i find the vendor a bit odd sell trash is gone. Story is alrite so far. Not a fan of the gravity settings at all !!! But yea its a good border lands game the classes and characters dont seem as interesting as in previous games.

Did you get the bullpup shotgun with her when starting for having a save from BL1 and 2? I'm still using it at lvl 10, weird thing is it doesn't have a lvl. It doesn't scal or anything but it's still taking out mobs at lvl 10 with ease :pac:

No, i got a rare revolver - fired 7 shots in each err shot and had enough ammo in it to fire twice.
    I did get the rewards for being loyal and having BL and BL2 though, a few golden keys and loads of badass points, which were handy :)

I'm goin to try another class this morning after breakfast though, i just dont really like playing as Nisha.. seems too.. ordinary or something

maybe claptrap :)

just used all the keys I had , 7 of them and 7 times in a row I got grenade mods from the chest :mad:

That's what i got too, they weren't very good ones either, but hey! better that nothing, which is what i had before i equipped them

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭viperirl

I got level 7 or so,

I had the same issue with Nisha. I just didnt like the action skill, never felt I was in control with it. After level 5 I quit and went back to Wilhelm. Having a lot more fun with him and his skill trees interest me more. Feels a bit like Axton from BL2.
    Speaking of BL2, I just checked my PC save file and I have 377 hours racked up on that game but UVHM and those legendaries were worth it.
    Hopefully the new game will have the same long term appeal.

Hope so too, giving fragtrap a shot atm and tbh already enjoying it more than i did with Nisha - though i can really see this as not being everyone's cup of tea either

..i like the randomness in his actionskill lol

1st legendary !!!!!!!! Rubberised Bonus Package, it dropped from a randon Tork :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,071 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

My spare shift codes for the consoles:

Xbox 360: KKK3J-T66J3-FZH3X-KFJJ3-JSF6R
    PlayStation 3: KKK3J-T66R6-HTF5T-SBKJ3-JSFRJ

Post if you've used them so others don't waste time trying them.

• Advertisement

I used codes the other day so im meant to have 10 keys, but i cant open the chest

did ye pick up the keys from the shift station?

Erm i put the codes in the thing, are you meant to literaly pick them up some where in game ?

Lone Stone wrote: »
    Erm i put the codes in the thing, are you meant to literaly pick them up some where in game ?

Yes there is a shift station on opposite side of the hole where the chest is.

I gave it 13 hours or so, i'm at the point now where i'm actually thinking BL2 is better than this - better humour, characters, NPC's, vehicles, locations everything..

It's not a terrible game, i wouldnt have spent 13 hours playing it otherwise - but it's really not as good as BL2 was. Might try it again tomorrow or later tonight but yeah, not as impressed as i thought i'd be.

I gave it 13 hours or so, i'm at the point now where i'm actually thinking BL2 is better than this - better humour, characters, NPC's, vehicles, locations everything..

It's not a terrible game, i wouldnt have spent 13 hours playing it otherwise - but it's really not as good as BL2 was. Might try it again tomorrow or later tonight but yeah, not as impressed as i thought i'd be.

Yeah same as , waiting till I hit lvl 50 to see if the loot bug kicks in.

The music is also pretty lousy in it too. My fear about all the locations being the same has come true, there also seem to be fewer enemies in it and fewer types, can those on PC comment regarding the number of enemies they are encountering ???? Shouldn't be a console limitation but stranger things have happened.

Yeah, very few mobs on the PC compared to BL2 - and big distances between the next mob/s

Sure, it's a moon - but it didnt have to feel so unpopulated and lonely either.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭viperirl

On PC too and I've noticed that there aren't as many enemies as BL2. As well as the spareness, a lot of the levels arent really that memorable either. Nothing comparable to likes of the Bloodshot Stronghold or Sawtooth Cauldron from the last game which had some great setpieces.
    I'm about 11 hours in, somewhere around the level
    where you first put together the Constructor Robot
    and my PC has suddenly started to stall with the FPS nosediving together with unresponsive controls. Was running smooth as butter before this. Early days I know for a PC launch so hopefully some fixes on the way.

• Advertisement

Hits not registering are really starting to annoy me now, not as if the enemy are strafing etc they are stood still in most cases , gun type and range don't seem to matter you'll fire a full clip and only half register :mad:

Worse when you are down trying to get a kill for a revive.

Advertisement