Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭AirBiscuit

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Is it just me or is there a lot less fast travel stations around this time? I don't remember BL2 feeling like this much a chore to get around.

This coupled with the fact that vehicle stations are both less frequent and tend to be far away from the Fast Travel locations has caused me to mutter angrily a few times about the game being like a walking simulator alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I've quit out and back in a fair few times now just to get to an exit faster.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,644 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Penn wrote: »
    I'm most of the way through, but I'd say it's almost definitely easier. Fewer bosses, Cryo weapons are better than slag and less enemy variation are pretty big factors.
    calex71 wrote: »
    Haven't touched TVHM yet but there are a lot less enemies over all and the groups they spawn in are much smaller and more spaced out. So much easier imo.

Hopefully the difficulty gets turned up a notch on TVHM.

Sounds like I should be able to complete this game which I should hope to following my disappointment of not being able to complete Borderlands 2.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,144 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I've quit out and back in a fair few times now just to get to an exit faster.

Does it put you at a fast travel if you quit out? Going to have to start doing that.

I just fought
    Bogun and retrieved the AI
    , would you say I'm at or passed the halfway mark?

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Does it put you at a fast travel if you quit out? Going to have to start doing that.

I just fought
    Bogun and retrieved the AI
    , would you say I'm at or passed the halfway mark?

More or less but the next lot of story missions are quite long.

Give me a shout for Beginning of The End Mission mine bugged on me and I missed a boss.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,144 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

More or less but the next lot of story missions are quite long.

Give me a shout for Beginning of The End Mission mine bugged on me and I missed a boss.

Will do, just don't steal my loot like you did those poor randomers :p

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭viperirl

Picked up this insane weapon from one of the big chests just after the
    RK5
    boss fight. Mine is the shock version.

LUF5xTLl.jpg

I thought the Moxxi laser weapon was a beast for damage but this thing is even better. 518% continuous damage bonus!. Together with Wilhelm's laser buffs, it puts out an incredible amount of damage. The first boss in TVHM went down in seconds from it. (not that he was a hard boss anyway)

Really enjoying playing as Wilhelm. Went down the hunter-killer tree which buffs up the wolf drone you send out. Half way down the skill tree you can paint your targets with a laser for the drone to attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,470 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

viperirl wrote: »
    RK5

i just want that for the looks, never mind the awesome stats

RK5

LUF5xTLl.jpg

I thought the Moxxi laser weapon was a beast for damage but this thing is even better. 518% continuous damage bonus!. Together with Wilhelm's laser buffs, it puts out an incredible amount of damage. The first boss in TVHM went down in seconds from it. (not that he was a hard boss anyway)

Really enjoying playing as Wilhelm. Went down the hunter-killer tree which buffs up the wolf drone you send out. Half way down the skill tree you can paint your targets with a laser for the drone to attack.

Hmmmm similar damage to excalibastard at lvl 33, that has to be the only red text epic I've seen so far.

I can already see a way on xbox to exploit the grinder given the fact you can copy saves and play split screen...... to basically turn one legendary gun and a purple into a seed for every gun in the game using grinder.

I can take that 1 gun, copy my save to usb x2 and cloud = 4 saves if you count original , give it to my other profile x4 copy that save to usb etc ......give to original save via split screen .... see where I am going

So you can load up one save with "mats" to make guns, 2 legendary + 1 purple with a moonstone grind = 1 legendary in the same type as the purple at the lowest level in the mix.

Have I tried it? ..................... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Hmmmm similar damage to excalibastard at lvl 33, that has to be the only red text epic I've seen so far.

Pity that the excalibastard can only be picked up once per character regardless of what playthrough you're on. Think I'll wait until I reach the level cap before going for that one.

I've had rotten luck with legendary pickups so far but I managed to pick up my favorite legendary sniper last night, the lyuda/white death which I loved in BL2. However I'm noticing that not all hits seem to be registering sometimes just like a previous poster mentioned here. I could swear that I'm getting the headshots but the enemy health wont budge until another one or two hits. Maybe its a character accuracy stat or something like that, I'm not really sure.

Pity that the excalibastard can only be picked up once per character regardless of what playthrough you're on. Think I'll wait until I reach the level cap before going for that one.

I've had rotten luck with legendary pickups so far but I managed to pick up my favorite legendary sniper last night, the lyuda/white death which I loved in BL2. However I'm noticing that not all hits seem to be registering sometimes just like a previous poster mentioned here. I could swear that I'm getting the headshots but the enemy health wont budge until another one or two hits. Maybe its a character accuracy stat or something like that, I'm not really sure.

Really worth farming the raid boss for the longnail if you like snipers, 100% ignores shields and fully auto with a nice big mag.

I exploited the save copy and 2nd profile to get the excalibastard, and passed it back to my original one so I can still get it at level 50, but the wiki says frozen enemies should nova when shattered but I did see that effect happen.

Really worth farming the raid boss for the longnail if you like snipers, 100% ignores shields and fully auto with a nice big mag.

Perfect! I wasnt aware of that new sniper and I love the Vladof ones in particular. The only sniper I had in BL2 that could bypass shields was The Tresspasser but I hated the Jakobs snipers so I never used it. Too slow for me despite their power.
    Looking for a good shotgun now for close quarters.

Perfect! I wasnt aware of that new sniper and I love the Vladof ones in particular. The only sniper I had in BL2 that could bypass shields was The Tresspasser but I hated the Jakobs snipers so I never used it. Too slow for me despite their power.
    Looking for a good shotgun now for close quarters.

Shotgun? The Bullpup, been using it from the start of the game and again expoiting the game until they patch it, it's the one you get for having a save from BL1+2 Nothing came close to it that I tried in terms of mag, dmg, and rate of fire, it's hyperion so you know what to expect. You can get a new one each level by going to new game on the start screen, skipping the scene and quitting at the character select screen then select your character in use, the smasher pistol you get from that too is damn near as good as a maggie especially if you can roll a "two fer" kind.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,233 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Finished the main story. Admittedly, the enemies started getting a lot tougher towards the end, but the end boss was still too easy. Long enough fight, but easy. Only time I went into FFYL was just after I beat him and I stepped into corrosive ground.

Didn't get a legendary off him either. Some great blues and purples, but no legendary.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Finished the main story, havent cashed in so will do the sides before starting TVHM.

Its a DLC tbh, got it for 31 on g2play and feel it was a tenner more than it should have been. Good game all the same its exactly what it says it is, more of the same.
    Assume the end is the beginning of Borderworlds, as the end of the game is after 2 i dont know why the "Kill you with brain" guy is helping or warning the vault hunters.

But with surviving vault hunters i assume they will be the playable characters Brick Lilith Mordecai,Axton, Salvador, Gaige, Krieg, Zero, Maya, Athena, Claptrap

Borderworlds was rumoured to be an MMO, hope its not. Also DLC for this could bring in more playables.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,071 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I've finished it, and I can't say I was either impressed or amused at any point. It was just more of the same, and felt like a chore to complete it. It just doesn't warrant a full price release, and should have been released as either an expansion or a €20 standalone.

Spear wrote: »
    I've finished it, and I can't say I was either impressed or amused at any point. It was just more of the same, and felt like a chore to complete it. It just doesn't warrant a full price release, and should have been released as either an expansion or a €20 standalone.

I liked the story and all the set up for stuff that will happen in borderlands 2 but you are right it felt like an add on and a half and many areas felt the same or lifeless devoid of even enemies for large stretches.

For me it would have made more sense to have featured the vault hunters from BL2 and take it up to the point where you wake up in the snow at the beginning of BL2.

I really don't have the same compulsion to go in and hunt loot and level badass ranks becasue I have nearly every gun, mod and shield already, most of the bosses who drop good stuff don't respawn and even if my badass ranks were 0% (most are 7 just from playing 1 character) There is nothing in the game I can't flatten in seconds even the 'raid boss'

For giggles I used the gun damage moxxitail from the bar on Iwajira and near one shotted him with my two fer maggie :pac: My shiny rocket launcher that dropped from him in the lava so I had to wade in and fetch it :mad:

My shiny rocket launcher that dropped from him in the lava so I had to wade in and fetch it :mad:

Was it worth it though? :) I picked up my fav launcher from BL2, the Badaboom, kinda prefered it over the old Norfleet due to it tighter spread.

Quite enjoyed the game myself despite its shortcomings. I've a level 50 Nisha and level 46 Wilhelm and loved their contrasting styles. Hated Nisha at first but gave her a chance and I'm glad I did. At lvl 50, Nisha is ridiculously overpowered when dual wielding a pair of Maggies and the Skullmasher sniper-rifle. Not the best at survivability but in terms of DPS, she's hard to beat.

They really need to do something about the endgame though. The lack of farmable bosses and NPC's that drop known legendaries seems to have annoyed a lot of fans of the series. Hardly used the grinder myself and a lot of legendary stuff that showed up in the vendors, I couldnt afford for ages. I think I prefered the old way of farming from BL2. (Just not with the lousy drop rates of BL2!). No better feeling that seeing that orange glow on the ground as you race over to it. :o

On the plus side, I felt that the skill trees where better constructed this time around and had less useless skills. And they seemed to scale well in TVHM too. Time will tell how that fares, if and when UVHM gets released.

It's not really a rocket launcher more a grenade launcher, not a fan of them in general but most of the ones I tried in this were very poor at medium/long range, the Thingy launcher is ok though it throws out a cluster of homing corrosive nades, doesn't do a lot of damage from it's initial impact though.

Nisha is pretty much unkillable with her celestial class mod if you roll a high % health return for damage done !!!! I'm also using an oz kit that takes 20% off her already short cool down for showdown.

• Advertisement

Have yet to fight Nel, cant find the correct grenade type to make the Jump.

Iwajira is pathetic, easiest boss ever in the game. Have killed him before he even got close to me.

The spaceship and end dude are farmable but have yet to drop anything better than I have.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Have yet to fight Nel, cant find the correct grenade type to make the Jump.

Iwajira is pathetic, easiest boss ever in the game. Have killed him before he even got close to me.

The spaceship and end dude are farmable but have yet to drop anything better than I have.

:confused: you mean to get the letters, took me a fair few falls but you don't need to grenade jump up or anything. If you want to do that just unequip the mod.

:confused: you mean to get the letters, took me a fair few falls but you don't need to grenade jump up or anything. If you want to do that just unequip the mod.

For I?

Cant even get close to it on the last one.

For I?

Cant even get close to it on the last one.

It's a 'd' and a 'k I think it was

I follow the same route these guys do

If you need to do a grenade jump just remove your mod so it wont kill you.

They grenade jump to get it, will try again later.

Seem to have lost all my guns and mods......

• Registered Users Posts: 24,470 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

They grenade jump to get it, will try again later.

the angled building with the dish you don't need to. The IC57 building you may, depending on which side you go up. Looking at it with IC57 to your right you can pad up on that side, jump to pipe and double jump to the slope at the back and walk up. If you go up the left hand side you need to grenade jump. did it last night, infuriating waste of time for nothing good and def not worth repeating

I never got a chance to play the original Borderlands game. Is it worth playing? 20 quid on steam. I realise that its old now and probably looks a little dated. I also heard that the PC port was less than optimal with a stupid fov but I believe this can be fixed in some of the ini files.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I never got a chance to play the original Borderlands game. Is it worth playing? 20 quid on steam. I realise that its old now and probably looks a little dated. I also heard that the PC port was less than optimal with a stupid fov but I believe this can be fixed in some of the ini files.
    It's a fun game, though the story did have a kinda disappointing ending. Not as good as 2, but enjoyable and funny. You could hold off and pick it up in the sales, I think there's a halloween sale in the next few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

€20 for the GOTY version of the game with all of the DLC is still pretty great value given the amount of hours of gameplay it offers. If it's just for the vanilla version then i'd say hold till you can get said version for said price. :)

• Advertisement

I find all 3 games so far lose the plot of themselves once you get into the final sections.

I am not a big story game fan but if there is a story at least finish it.

Advertisement