Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connacht Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,803 ✭✭✭b.gud

Robbo wrote: »
    Not bad at all. I'd maybe put in Dillane on the bench as he's a bit fresher than Muldowney at the moment.
    My thinking behind Muldowney was that he was subbed off where as Dillane played the full 80 this week and started the week before, but good point he has played a bit less rugby so far this year
    Robbo wrote: »
    I'd say Rodney can be counted out for a couple of weeks, understandably.

100%

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭S12b

Few things I'd love to see Saturday:

1) Buckley rested altogether with Loughney starting and Bealham/O'Donnell as cover
    2) Ronaldson to start at 10 with McGinty on bench....not a dig at Carty but I always think Ronaldson looks better and I want a good look at McGinty
    3) Aki left out of squad and Robb at 12 with Henshaw at 13
    4) Healy and Poolman fit and available, there is a significant step down in class to our next wingers
    5) Muldoon left out of squad with either SOB or McKeon at 6

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

b.gud wrote: »

Couple of tired heads in that photo!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,965 ✭✭✭connachta

connachta wrote: »
    That's right.

But FFS rest Aki and Buckley

I can see

1) Loughney
    2) JHW
    3) AhYou/White (depending who's back)
    4) Qualter
    5) Marshall
    6) SOB 2.0
    7) Nepia (can be played as Heenan is close to full-return)
    8) McKeon
    9) Blade
    10) Carty
    12) Ronaldson
    13) Henshaw
    11) Healy
    14) Poolman/Carr (one of them should get fit, it's been a while we're waiting now)
    15) TOH

16) Heff
    17) O'Donnell
    18) Bealham
    19) Browne
    20) Naoupu
    21) Marmion
    22) McShazz/Robb/Niyi
    Loughney
    JHW
    White
    Marshall
    Browne
    McKeon
    Fox-Matamua
    Masterson
    Marmion
    Carty
    Healy (fit??)
    Ronaldson
    Henshaw
    Poolman
    TOH

Heffernan
    Buckley (no other real choices here)
    Bealham (give Rodney another week off)
    Muldowney
    Muldoon
    Cooney (if fit Porter otherwise)
    Carr
    Leader

I'd just want to "protect" Masterson, because he is sooooo good!! But you might be right McKeon/Naoupu are enough cover to risk him

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

But Lam urged that further games hosted by Enisei-STM in their home base at Krasnoyarsk should take place in September or October when the weather is not as severe.

He has attached no blame to their hosts or EPCR for their nightmare trip home — they were grounded when a technical fault was discovered in their French charter aircraft.

“It is just something that has happened. It was important that they staged a game in their home city, nobody planned for that plane to break down.
    Gotta love Lam's attitude infairness
    connachta wrote: »
    I'd just want to "protect" Masterson, because he is sooooo good!! But you might be right McKeon/Naoupu are enough cover to risk him

He was "protected" by not going to Krasnoyasrk - Masterson will play
    In bit of good news, someone said that McSharry should be available for match vs Brive so that's a relief

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

McSharry Instagram

https://instagram.com/p/9_Ly1WARx-/

Says his rehab is done

• Registered Users Posts: 7,965 ✭✭✭connachta

that's fu..ing good news. A good old McSharry/Henshaw pairing this Saturday, guys?:pac:

CONNACHT GREEN LANTERN REPLICA JERSEY MENS 2015
    9702_34233_7323.jpg

Well this is erm, interesting..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭S12b

What happened Conor Finn? Seemed to have had surgery a week or two back??

wp_rathead wrote: »

Where the hell did that come from??

Anyone who wants more info on the travel situation, the article in the times has good info http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/european-cup/connacht-s-long-march-back-from-siberia-continues-1.2432189

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 681 ✭✭✭flouncer

irish weather due to turn siberian by the weekend :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Where the hell did that come from??

Anyone who wants more info on the travel situation, the article in the times has good info http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/european-cup/connacht-s-long-march-back-from-siberia-continues-1.2432189

Pat Lam sounds remarkably calm about it all! No point in getting in a twist, I suppose. But it's very tough for everyone.

vienne86 wrote: »
    Pat Lam sounds remarkably calm about it all! No point in getting in a twist, I suppose. But it's very tough for everyone.

Surprisingly so, I thought that he'd be going nuts about it

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Surprisingly so, I thought that he'd be going nuts about it

What would be the point? Not like it was really anyone's fault, just bad luck with the plane. Sh1t happens, his attitude is just right.

Muldowney tweeted that Himself, Muldoon, Buckley, Aki and who look's like Dillane and Carty are in London.. Slowly but surely getting home

Muldowney tweeted that Himself, Muldoon, Buckley, Aki and who look's like Dillane and Carty are in London.. Slowly but surely getting home

Was just coming to post this :)
    https://twitter.com/murphyrob/status/666352661646716928

Zzippy wrote: »
    What would be the point? Not like it was really anyone's fault, just bad luck with the plane. Sh1t happens, his attitude is just right.

I agree, but he has history of being vocal when he feel that Connacht have been wronged, the Hodges incident being a prime example.

I personally think it's great that he's passionate enough about the team to speak out on our behalf, if he feels aggrieved by something, so I didn't mean it in a bad way

• Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

That time there was someone obviously wrong and at fault when hodges invented a penalty. This is just **** luck

• Registered Users Posts: 12,603 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

CONNACHT GREEN LANTERN REPLICA JERSEY MENS 2015
    9702_34233_7323.jpg

Love this. When are we gonna see it.

John muldoon > Ryan Reynolds

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Eponymous

errlloyd wrote: »
    Love this. When are we gonna see it.

John muldoon > Ryan Reynolds
    BLK do a few of these superhero jerseys. They have an excellent Queensland Reds jersey in the style of the Flash and a not so excellent Superman one for Melbourne Rebels.

• Advertisement

Are the lads home from Siberia yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

vienne86 wrote:
    Are the lads home from Siberia yet?

Lads that went through London and Amsterdam are

freyners wrote: »
    Lads that went through London and Amsterdam are

So who's still missing?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

vienne86 wrote: »
    So who's still missing?

Jack Carty - flouncer managed to get him detained in Russia for visa violations and unpatriotic comments. The flounce told Russian security officials that Carty said Putin couldn't kick snow off a rope. He's on his way back to Siberia, to the gulag this time...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,603 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Zzippy wrote: »
    He's on his way back to Siberia, to the gulag this time...

I'd say that'll make a nice change from the Stadium anyway :)

Group 1 and Group 2 are in Dublin. The last group from moscow are in london awaiting a connecting flight

For the fun of it I contacted Sky about televising the Brive game. I explained the story of Connacht in Siberia and suggested they look at the Connacht twitter account for pictures and video. Hopefully they think its worth broadcasting. Would seem that the last group that were planned to go through Paris didn't get that flight. That may have been due to Paris shutting down flights after last weekend or visas not being ready for the flight. Anyway there was a tweet from Joycey (kitman) that they got a flight to Heathrow instead. Now lets just hope they have landed in Dublin as the weather is doing its best to add to this story.

flouncer wrote: »
    For the fun of it I contacted Sky about televising the Brive game. I explained the story of Connacht in Siberia and suggested they look at the Connacht twitter account for pictures and video. Hopefully they think its worth broadcasting. Would seem that the last group that were planned to go through Paris didn't get that flight. That may have been due to Paris shutting down flights after last weekend or visas not being ready for the flight. Anyway there was a tweet from Joycey (kitman) that they got a flight to Heathrow instead. Now lets just hope they have landed in Dublin as the weather is doing its best to add to this story.
    Well the weather is awful right now in Dublin, so there is bound to be some sort of delay.....and then they have to get to Galway ......nightmare.

just looked at dublin airport arrivals. everything is delayed :-(. Hope they are already landed but no tweet to say this is so

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

This is comical it's so worked out so bad for them!

Advertisement