Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mature Medicine Applicants 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭livk

Everyone who did mine typed it, addressed it 'To whom it may concern' and then signed the bottom of it. They also put their details on it somewhere, like their email and phone number and qualifications if they need to contact them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭Billiethepup

Thanks a mill.

Writing my own nope! Referee asked about format today and I suddenly thought eh... ARGHHH!! ;-)

Do you have to write all your own ones?

Eh, ignore that then, haha. Yeah, one of mine asked the same, and I just told them how the others were laid out and they were fine then.

livk wrote: »
    Do you have to write all your own ones?

God no, my referee asked me what format did I want it in and I didn't have an answer!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭EternalGeek

Sorry for the confusion there, my attempted joke crash landed.:o

Is everyone just putting in two references? I put in three, just because I didn't want to make a decision so they will either think Im great or that I can't count :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭borrch

I put in four references as it did say a min. of two.

I put in 3 because I had no major managers to sign off my work ones. Felt like I needed a second professional person to say something.

Would anyone going in in the next few days ask it they've already had access to our hpat results? I'd love to know how optimistic to remain.

Would anyone going in in the next few days ask it they've already had access to our hpat results? I'd love to know how optimistic to remain.

+1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭jody24

does any one from experience, know whats our chance to be called for an interview after handing in the documents?
    btw any one handing his/hers on monday? i will do mine monday morning!!!

Yep ill be monday !

I think its hard to say this year about the chances of being called as we don't know if they have received out hpat scores yet. I think if we are over the hpat threshold score the chances are good, if not its a next year job.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭yoppo

All done and dusted! Took longer then expected to write but glad it's over. My friend is gonna drop it into RCSI cause he's in college in Dublin.... If he forgets I'll be breaking speed limits!

Haha, in that case, make sure you check with him way before lunch hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭jody24

when i handed in my document, the girl said that they review the documents and will inform us in few weeks and no word of hpat!!! i dont know if thats a good sign? any one inquired about hpat?

Who knows, really. The fact she didn't mention it might mean they already have reviewed them. We could just be grasping at straws, too, though.

Does everyone think the HPAT results will be out on the 30th like they were the last few years?

The HPAT results should be out on Monday early morning 28th April. It's always the last Monday of April.

I think the fact that everyone got an email from RCSI suggests that they haven't received the results yet just the list of applicants, but are just being extra prepared. Does anyone know of some one that didn't receive an email..?

There only seems to be seven or so of us on here out of hundreds of applicants. I think someone just needs to contact the college at this stage and ask.

borrch wrote: »
    The HPAT results should be out on Monday early morning 28th April. It's always the last Monday of April.

I think the fact that everyone got an email from RCSI suggests that they haven't received the results yet just the list of applicants, but are just being extra prepared. Does anyone know of some one that didn't receive an email..?

There's 7 or so regular posters but I've counted 22 posters in total, most of them once off posters ( I was bored one evening )

Ha, okay cool. I'll email Carmen today. She probably won't have a chance to respond but we'll see. This has distracted me completely from studying for my backups. Think it's time I get back to reality.
    There's 7 or so regular posters but I've counted 22 posters in total, most of them once off posters ( I was bored one evening )

• Advertisement

Can anyone tell me how much the fees are for RCSI? I know its roughly €16k, I don't have a degree already so would it be about €8k taking into account the free fees..?

Their fees are on the website. Looks like €3,600 last year.

Can anyone tell me how much the fees are for RCSI? I know its roughly €16k, I don't have a degree already so would it be about €8k taking into account the free fees..?

Yes, but that is undergraduate not mature. They charge a good bit extra for matures unfortunately :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Caolan

I'm in the same boat- i think that unfortunately it doesn't matter when your a mature.

I am of the impression It's €16k no matter what the status of your previous education

Papers dropped today- I must have re written the personal statement 10 times and still don't know if I'm fully happy.

I guess now the waiting game starts before while we wait to hear from RCSI in relation to interviews. I wonder how many applications they get.

No doubt a decent amount of people who apply on the CAO for RCSI don't take/follow it up due to the financials.

The government would be paying them nearly €7k towards our fees because we never used up our free fees. So would it not be €7k cheaper ..?

If that's the case then it must be entirely different because it's a privately run place. All other universities let mature students pay the same as all undergrads if they qualify for the free fees scheme.

If that's the case then it must be entirely different because it's a privately run place. All other universities let mature students pay the same as all undergrads if they qualify for the free fees scheme.

I could be wrong (it'd be nice of I am)- but even the letter of invite said fees were €16k

Maybe others are better educated on the subject.

https://www.rcsi.ie/files/admissions/docs/20130716041514_EU%20fees.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Em_2014

Hi,
    I asked in the RCSI and they said that they already have our HPAT scores!
    They have already screened applications based on this score, so anyone who got the email for more info from the admissions office got above their minimum HPAT score.
    So some good news!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Hopefulmedic

Hi everyone.
    Just joined boards but have been following this post. So relieved that they do have the hpat scores already. This is seriously an emotional roller coaster !!! Does anyone know if they email to confirm that they have received the applications that had to be in today?

Advertisement