Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options
1322323324325326328»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

It's so quiet but I didn't put it under load yet as I'm updating the console which will take for ever due to my really slow internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

If anyone doesn't get one tonight or is looking for one tomorrow in the limerick area. I'm more than likely going to bring mine back for a refund tomorrow if I can get one.

amadablam wrote: »
    If anyone doesn't get one tonight or is looking for one tomorrow in the limerick area. I'm more than likely going to bring mine back for a refund tomorrow if I can get one.

What don't you like about it?

What don't you like about it?

Just isn't for me. My One S did everything I needed and I don't need the added performance of the Xbox One X.

I'll stick it on adverts if I can't get a refund as I have tried it out for an hour or so.

Mods I'm just noticing the post count on this thread. That's how bored I am waiting for my One X to update and it is very near the 10,000 post so Part 3 is in order.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,235 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Mods I'm just noticing the post count on this thread. That's how bored I am waiting for my One X to update and it is very near the 10,000 post so Part 3 is in order.

I've been keeping an eye on it. I'll let it get closer, then shut it down.

LOL did you even have time to power it on?
    I find it very strange that you pre-ordered, paid for it, collected it, and then looking to return it at 00:39 AM :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 27,817 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    LOL did you even have time to power it on?
    I find it very strange that you pre-ordered, paid for it, collected it, and then looking to return it at 00:39 AM :pac:

He got one early yesterday from Harvey Norman without an order.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    He got one early yesterday from Harvey Norman without an order.

Still an extremely impulse thing to do either end
    I mean you are spending 500 quid and barely gave it a day
    It's pretty much the exact same as the One S with more power. I can't imagine anyone would prefer the One S if they already have a One X

• Registered Users Posts: 8,683 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Just isn't for me. My One S did everything I needed and I don't need the added performance of the Xbox One X.

I'll stick it on adverts if I can't get a refund as I have tried it out for an hour or so.

Will Harvey Norman take it back ?

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Advertisement

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Will Harvey Norman take it back ?

No, unless it's faulty (And even then he / she would be pushed to return to Microsoft)

No, unless it's faulty (And even then he / she would be pushed to return to Microsoft)

Thought as much once the seal is broken
    I spotted it up on adverts at €499
    No doubt someone will offer something stupidly low for it
    Strange decision

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Thought as much once the seal is broken
    Strange decision

"offer €100, can collect lunch time"

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Popeleo

The worst are the offers of random crap instead of the cash price.
    My guess for stupidest offer is 20 Euro cash, a 1998 Opel Vectra and a half-eaten sandwich.

Popeleo wrote: »
    The worst are the offers of random crap instead of the cash price.
    My guess for stupidest offer is 20 Euro cash, a 1998 Opel Vectra and a half-eaten sandwich.

In fairness, anyone that knows me, knows how much I like a half a sandwich ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

smyths were quite clear, even unasked, last night that the first 28 days warranty is with them, remainder is with microsoft.

i imagine it is the same for all stores.

mossym wrote: »
    smyths were quite clear, even unasked, last night that the first 28 days warranty is with them, remainder is with microsoft.

What’s that got to do with Harvey Norman order for someone that changed their mind lol

• Registered Users Posts: 9,500 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Jesus good job I haven't got one a day early I forgot about MS banning people for less.

Good thinking.

you wont get banned for turning on an X before the official launch. There are loads of them already out and about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Tilikum

Exact same reason I didn’t bother with my preorder.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

What’s that got to do with Harvey Norman order for someone that changed their mind lol

nothing. thats' why i only replied to the bit about what happens with faulty consoles.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,379 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

nothing. thats' why i only replied to the bit about what happens with faulty consoles.

Weird that smyths are taking that approach, wonder what bit of legislation they're working from as I doubt it'd fly in the small claims court - what makes a console any different to any other product where the consumer's contract is with the merchant, not the manufacturer?

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭-Toppy-

GS in Cork exact same thing

Anyone got headset recommendations (S)? Really don't mind wired unless wireless will have excellent battery life and be comparable price-wise.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,147 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Most shops say something like that. When I traded in the old xbox for the S a few weeks ago in that deal they said there's a 1 year warranty but you have to go straight to Microsoft not them. What they're saying is not true as far as I know but they know a lot of consumers will just take them at their word.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,500 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Anyone got headset recommendations (S)? Really don't mind wired unless wireless will have excellent battery life and be comparable price-wise.

Thread on them here - https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057253479

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭webpal

Just looking for some advice. Bought the 1tb Xbox in GameStop which came with extra controller, physical copies of Forza and fifa. The version is assassins creed which I don’t want. I plan on keeping the extra controller and games but was thinking of maybe selling the Xbox and buying a Minecraft version, kids are too young for assassins. I’m not interested in making money. Is there a market to sell this and if so would I get enough to cover the cost of a Minecraft version? I haven’t opened it and it comes with shop warranty for a month and MS warranty after. The main reason I’m doing it is I don’t want awkward questions on Xmas morning wondering why santy is giving over 18 games to kids.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,147 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

webpal wrote: »
    Just looking for some advice. Bought the 1tb Xbox in GameStop which came with extra controller, physical copies of Forza and fifa. The version is assassins creed which I don’t want. I plan on keeping the extra controller and games but was thinking of maybe selling the Xbox and buying a Minecraft version, kids are too young for assassins. I’m not interested in making money. Is there a market to sell this and if so would I get enough to cover the cost of a Minecraft version? I haven’t opened it and it comes with shop warranty for a month and MS warranty after. The main reason I’m doing it is I don’t want awkward questions on Xmas morning wondering why santy is giving over 18 games to kids.

Just take the sleave off with the assassin's creed branding and buy minecraft on it's own maybe? You could sell assassin's creed on adverts if it's just a code.

If it's a physical copy just trade it back in at Gametop against Minecraft
    If not tough luck , try selling the code on Adverts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Is assassins creed a digital code? I know someone who bought a one recently and has a minecraft code hes not using - he might do a swap?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement