Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/in-store-events

Misky midnight launch all stores symthstoys

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

I might ring them and see. It's a different system when you preorder online versus preordering in store it appears.

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭erkifino

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/in-store-events

Misky midnight launch all stores symthstoys

When did they announce that?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    I can't really see my Scorpio Edition being available for collection from Smyths Waterford in the morning seeing as they only took payment about an hour ago :o

I have to wait for an email with a barcode saying it's now ready for collection too.

Yeah, I'm in the same boat - reckon it'll be tomorrow no matter what.

erkifino wrote: »
    When did they announce that?

They didn't really announce it I was calling my local smyths store and got no answer so I searched their website and came across it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Its really annoying when many of them are sitting in stores all day today anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

amadablam wrote: »
    Its really annoying when many of them are sitting in stores all day today anyway.

The only thing I'd be worried about is my scorpio edition being handed out to some jabroni who rocks on up at midnight tonight.

The only thing I'd be worried about is my scorpio edition being handed out to some jabroni who rocks on up at midnight tonight.

Jabroni :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

I honestly think that's why the guy in Harvey Norman let me take mine today was because they had less than ten allocated and no one had pre ordered so they would probably sell on a first come first served basis and I'd paid in full.

I won't turn it on until midnight :D

amadablam wrote: »

I won't turn it on until midnight :D

Jesus good job I haven't got one a day early I forgot about MS banning people for less.

Good thinking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,546 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

I might ring them and see. It's a different system when you preorder online versus preordering in store it appears.

Doesn't make a much of a difference, you just show the email/text instead of handing in your deposit slip.

You should receive the click and collect email before midnight, usually before 10pm and be ready to collect at the midnight opening.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,171 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

You keep using that word..... it's awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭erkifino

Cool word.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,300 ✭✭✭dunworth1

:mad: Gamestop and no midnight launch

Just called into smyths there and he looked up my order number and said yeah that's there for me to collect at midnight ðŸ‘

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭tdonegan1990

Is there any chance of picking up an xbox one x at midnight if you haven't pre ordered it?
    Might show up at Smyth's if I cant sleep.

Is there any chance of picking up an xbox one x at midnight if you haven't pre ordered it?
    Might show up at Smyth's if I cant sleep.

I'd take the chance if I was you. But I cannot guarantee you will get one. Worth the shot anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

Just called into smyths there and he looked up my order number and said yeah that's there for me to collect at midnight ðŸ‘

Should’ve done that myself

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

Quick question, if (when) Santa drops one of these Xbox one x's to me at Christmas and I hold to my other Xbox one will I be able co op play on the same game with my kids. E.g. wing up on elite dangerous. I am presuming it would..

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Doomofman

ECO_Mental wrote: »
    Quick question, if (when) Santa drops one of these Xbox one x's to me at Christmas and I hold to my other Xbox one will I be able co op play on the same game with my kids. E.g. wing up on elite dangerous. I am presuming it would..

I've been able to play multiplayer races in Forza on two different xboxs game sharing so I assume it would work with Elite Dangerous too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭WarpAsylum

ECO_Mental wrote:

Yep, online play across OG Xbox, One S, and One X.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,171 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Set the old one as your home xbox and they can play all your games on it on their own accounts, then you log in on your X with your account.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

What's the story with VR and the X, it has the power but MS don't seem to be talking much about it.

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

What's the story with VR and the X, it has the power but MS don't seem to be talking much about it.

I read something(it's not 100% fact) that they are working on something with VR but there has been no announcements yet. Maybe we will hear something at E3.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pcadhain

In a recent interview, Albert Panello didn't want people to get too much options in such a short space of time. It would suck to go through something like the whole PSVR and PS4 Pro double whammy again. Microsoft have a recent history of not being able to explain properly the benefits of certain bundles and features (built in kinect, always connected to internet, family sharing etc). It's best to focus on the release of this beast of a console before muddying any messaging.

Not a dig at Playstation, I meant double whammy on my wallet and not knowing the benefits of having the PS4 Pro for VR. That whole press conference in September last year failed to do anything more that mention VR once in a slideshow presentation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

VR seems like a white elephant to me. I seem to recall talk from MS about VR when the X was first mooted, but they've wisely changed tack.

In my opinion VR only suits certain games, like racing, and it seems a bit of a dead duck for Playstation.

Just collected my baby :D

Just collected my baby :D

Me too, and I snagged a Scorpio edition when I only ordered the standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭tdonegan1990

I got the Scorpio edition and didnt even pre order at all. Happy days.

• Advertisement

Ahhh so you're the jabroni stonedeaf was on about!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement