Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,898 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

CatInABox wrote: »
    wouldn't mind an Arsenal

Surely that'd be your fourth controller :D

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,180 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Surely that'd be your fourth controller :D

Careful :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I have a problem with my elite controller which I bought in Argos and since they are out of stock I decided to contact MS CS. It went well and all and I received my label to print off which is grand and then I realized UPS do not come to your house to pick it up. I have to drop it off in one of their locations. I said ah sure there is probably one nearby, no, They have the southern half of the country covered and one location in Dublin(It would probably be a bit of a trek to get there even for someone living in Dublin) but I am in the Mayo, how the hell am I going to go to one of the drop off locations when they are in the other side of the country. A f**king joke tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

I have a problem with my elite controller which I bought in Argos and since they are out of stock I decided to contact MS CS. It went well and all and I received my label to print off which is grand and then I realized UPS do not come to your house to pick it up. I have to drop it off in one of their locations. I said ah sure there is probably one nearby, no, They have the southern half of the country covered and one location in Dublin(It would probably be a bit of a trek to get there even for someone living in Dublin) but I am in the Mayo, how the hell am I going to go to one of the drop off locations when they are in the other side of the country. A f**king joke tbh.

Thats a new one on me, any time I've had to deal with that I could arrange for it to be picked up.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,898 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Have you tried getting back onto Microsoft customer service and explaining that UPS won't collect and the nearest depot is in Dublin?

Also have you tried another Argos store for an exchange?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,300 ✭✭✭dunworth1

they collected mine last year from my work

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

They pick it up from anywhere. Just call them to arrange the pick up.

I also had mine collected.

• Administrators Posts: 53,487 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

The whole point of a courier is they come and collect it.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,180 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Yeah a lad at work had his Xbox one s controller collected by them last week, also in mayo.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Cheers lads I must have picked them up wrong.

432303.png

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,487 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Cheers lads I must have picked them up wrong.

432303.png

https://wwwapps.ups.com/pickup/schedule?loc=en_IE

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭eamo22

Picked up an xbox 1 only two days ago that was for my little cousin. Rang that evening and called the next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Sold my One S to Cex to get ready for the One X. Just waiting for the DT's to kick in. It's gonna be rough.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    Sold my One S to Cex to get ready for the One X. Just waiting for the DT's to kick in. It's gonna be rough.

Yeah, it's been 3 days, 2 hours and 7 minutes since I got rid of mine. . . .but who's counting? :(

Heads up lads.

Gamestop have reduced the trade value of the One S from 140 to 130.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Heads up lads.

Ha good timing, was going to trade it in tonight -_-

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Heads up lads.

FFS will you be quiet, we'll have another 10 pages of posts about trade in values now :D

FFS will you be quiet, we'll have another 10 pages of posts about trade in values now :D

Some bastards. 2 weeks ago it was 150. Last week it was 140 and now it's 130.

Q everyone charging into Gamestop before it's 120 lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,441 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Better trade mine into CEX tonight too, before they drop the price also!
    Looks like Mario will have to get me through the weekend gaming. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Some bastards. 2 weeks ago it was 150. Last week it was 140 and now it's 130.

Q everyone charging into Gamestop before it's 120 lol

Without the trade boost I don't know why anyone would trade a One S into GameStop atm, CEX give €136-€155 cash or €158-€180 trade depending on condition and if you have the box.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Without the trade boost I don't know why anyone would trade a One S into GameStop atm, CEX give €136-€155 cash or €158-€180 trade depending on condition and if you have the box.

Yeah I got €155 cash for a 500gb boxed One S.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

The digital Foundry review of the Xbox One X for anybody interested

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2017-microsoft-xbox-one-x-review

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Registered Users Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Will any USB hub be compatible with the One?

Will any USB hub be compatible with the One?

As long as it's a 3.0 hub I think it should be fine. Not 100% sure though.

Anybody else order from Amazon. First console I have pre-ordered from them. Who actually delivers the console. I have had an post deliver items and couriers in the past.

eamo22 wrote: »
    Anybody else order from Amazon. First console I have pre-ordered from them. Who actually delivers the console. I have had an post deliver items and couriers in the past.

Depends on where the order is coming from. Did it say anything on your confirmation email. I ordered a headset off Amazon last week and it was delivered by An Post.

I find if your order is comin from Britain it'll be An Post. Anywhere else tends to be DHL or UPS.

Haven't got a confirmation email yet. Its just saying dispatching now on the site. Not too worried about it. Hopefully its An Post. The postman will call back later in the day before he finishes with parcels when he knows Im home.

eamo22 wrote: »
    Haven't got a confirmation email yet. Its just saying dispatching now on the site. Not too worried about it. Hopefully its An Post. The postman will call back later in the day before he finishes with parcels when he knows Im home.

I'm lucky that the the An Post sorting office for my area is next door to where I work so they just drop stuff into me as soon as they get it.

I'm lucky that the the An Post sorting office for my area is next door to where I work so they just drop stuff into me as soon as they get it.

There not bad in fairness to them old An Post. That is a fairly handy set up you have. Rather them deliver things than couriers to be honest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

I can't really see my Scorpio Edition being available for collection from Smyths Waterford in the morning seeing as they only took payment about an hour ago :o

I have to wait for an email with a barcode saying it's now ready for collection too.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement