Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,523 ✭✭✭✭Varik

deco nate wrote: »
    Yes, because xbox one is under the EU limit, ie less than 2 years :)

Edit:even if it was, Irish laws surpass it.. Under Irish law it's 6 years

No, and no.

Ireland never enacted the 2 year mandatory manufacturer warranties, and Irish law say 6 years to seek recourse not that it should last 6 years. There's no minimum life for product set down, judge would decided if it went to scc base on price, description, ect. .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭Shred

I'm looking for ways to stream a web feed from my W10 PC (browser) to the One (the site isn't compatible with the built in browser and can't be opened in media player for the 'play to' function), I had a quick look around for options and came across this: http://www.playon.tv/user-guide/xbox-one

Is there another (preferably free) option that anyone knows of?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭9bred4

Is there anywhere to post an add for my xbox? Don't want to do it here and get an ear full!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭dunworth1

9bred4 wrote:
    Is there anywhere to post an add for my xbox? Don't want to do it here and get an ear full!

Adverts.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

9bred4 wrote: »

Adverts.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

If I am to criticise rare replay (which I shouldn't for a game where each game cost less than euro) its that the emulation could use a bit of work.

Shred wrote: »
    I'm looking for ways to stream a web feed from my W10 PC (browser) to the One (the site isn't compatible with the built in browser and can't be opened in media player for the 'play to' function), I had a quick look around for options and came across this: http://www.playon.tv/user-guide/xbox-one

Is there another (preferably free) option that anyone knows of?

Perhaps this came across as me up to something illegal. To elaborate further and for example, if I want to be able to access the official Liverpool site's 'LFC Go' content on my TV through the One (http://www.liverpoolfc.com/video - subscription required, although there is some free content). The site isn't compatible with the built in browser, so something like 'playon.tv' appears perfect but I would only think about subscribing ($25PA) if there's another free/cheaper option that I'm not aware of.
    Web searches have proved fruitless so far (other than playon.tv) and are mostly related to streaming in the other direction; Xbox-PC and for games only.
    In the past I have been able to stream from the iPad through apple tv, but since the last IOS update audio drops out after about 10 minutes (similar to what's described here https://discussions.apple.com/thread/2683409?start=0&tstart=0). Using my Nexus 5 (via a USB to HDMI cable) can be flaky also.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Using my Nexus 5 (via a USB to HDMI cable) can be flaky also.

Just to get this clear. You want to just watch the videos on the TV but you don't mind using your Nexus 5 as the controller for browsing through the site and choosing what video you want etc.?

Have you ever tried a chromecast for doing this?

Basically Xbox has it built in now but I think it's just for Preview Program members for now.

It will allow you to mirror your phones screen onto the tv via XB1.

Here's the Wireless Display app for XB1:

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Just to get this clear. You want to just watch the videos on the TV but you don't mind using your Nexus 5 as the controller for browsing through the site and choosing what video you want etc.?

Have you ever tried a chromecast for doing this?

Basically Xbox has it built in now but I think it's just for Preview Program members for now.

It will allow you to mirror your phones screen onto the tv via XB1.

No what I meant is loading the site on my Nexus 5 and using a USB to HDMI cable to view it on my TV. Yeah I know something like chromecast should work but playon.tv is cheaper than one of those. I just thought that considering MS are all "Xbox and PC are long lost brothers" that there might be some other way of doing this rather than subscribing to a third party tool.

• Advertisement

Here's the Wireless Display app for XB1:

Ah yes, this looks to be exactly what I need. Nice one Misky!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

No what I meant is loading the site on my Nexus 5 and using a USB to HDMI cable to view it on my TV. Yeah I know something like chromecast should work but playon.tv is cheaper than one of those. I just thought that considering MS are all "Xbox and PC are long lost brothers" that there might be some other way of doing this rather than subscribing to a third party tool.

I'd wait until the Wireless Display app is out of preview, then you should be able to cast to it from almost any device.

The whole "Xbox and PC are long lost brothers" thing will only really kick in with the release of the new dashboard, which hits preview next month, and will be available for general release sometime in November, all going well.

Yeah I've been a little out of the loop on all things Xbox of late and Misky linked to that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Thinking about buying a new controller soon, shame that the only version of the new controller with 3.5mm jack & better bumpers has got camo on it :(. I wonder are they ever going to bring out a black version of the controller without having to buy the 1TB bundle?

Thinking about buying a new controller soon, shame that the only version of the new controller with 3.5mm jack & better bumpers has got camo on it

It looks a helluva lot nicer in person than the images online. I wasn't overly fond of the look of it neither but once I opened the box in person I was surprised how nice it was!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 489 ✭✭AngryDiMaria

It looks a helluva lot nicer in person than the images online. I wasn't overly fond of the look of it neither but once I opened the box in person I was surprised how nice it was!

+1

It's a lovely piece of kit.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭brandnewaward

anyone having issues with the blu ray app lately......i keep getting the blue load up screen , while the audio merrily plays away. i tried reinstalling the app , but no luck at all......i dont watch blu rays much , but its a bit annoying

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,212 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

anyone having issues with the blu ray app lately......i keep getting the blue load up screen , while the audio merrily plays away. i tried reinstalling the app , but no luck at all......i dont watch blu rays much , but its a bit annoying

Was watching a dvd last night with no issues. Did you try a hard reset?

How big is the download for Rare Replay?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

How big is the download for Rare Replay?

11.41 GB

• Advertisement

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    11.41 GB
    Is that excluding the backwards compatible ones? How many of the 30 are backwards compatible? Sorry for all the questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Is that excluding the backwards compatible ones? How many of the 30 are backwards compatible? Sorry for all the questions.

I don't know tbh, I just checked the store on the console and it says 11.41 GB. I'd imagine that's for the whole lot.

Edit: Just checked, it's 50 GB for everything.

This pretty much answers everything, thanks Gizmo.
    http://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-one/games/rare-replay-install

I was looking forward to this for a few games here and there but then I seen the price:

https://twitter.com/VooFoo/status/631799266332274688

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Pedro Monscooch

More backwards compatability title news coming this week
    https://twitter.com/XboxP3/status/633799472225480704

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Totally getting this Bridge Constructor game if it comes out tomorrow.

The Cult game "Kerbal Space Program" is coming to XB1 :D

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,212 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Nice one, been curious about that for a while. Really great how all these games are coming to console now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    Totally getting this Bridge Constructor game if it comes out tomorrow.

Its up on the store now for €9.99

https://store.xbox.com/en-IE/Xbox-One/Games/Bridge-Constructor/43055778-5414-42b8-9aec-cca0e7b11e70

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

When u turn on my one it goes from the green xbox screen to a black screen and stays stuck on the black screen , what's going on with it?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement