Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭dor83

Gamescon conference on now, nothing unexpected yet but they have shown Quantum Break, Crackdown and Scalebound is on now. QB looks interesting, not really sure on it but Remedy make good games, can't wait for Crackdown and Scalebound kind of looks like DMC with dragons to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

DVR functionality also announced, and a chatpad.

backwards compatibilty launches on november, all future games with gold going to be b/c.

no mention of activision in the the publishers signing up for b/c. probably not a good sign for those like myself holding out for black ops 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

With Mafia 3 being announced tomorrow, I'd love for Mafia 2 to be BC to play it again.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Crackdown looks as cool as I thought that it'd be.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

DVR as in we can finally record live TV to the HD?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭dor83

Tinie wrote: »
    Yeah and you can download your recordings to any of your win 10 devices for offline playback or stream it to them too, but it's only for the tuner I think.

Tinie wrote: »

if you have the tv tuner, yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

sweetie wrote: »
    I know, its not going to be on Xbox because its on ps4, is that better for ye?

MS and Sky fell out. Nothing to do with PS.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

dor83 wrote: »
    Yeah and you can download your recordings to any of your win 10 devices for offline playback or stream it to them too, but it's only for the tuner I think.
    Even better! Will be handy for the football. Wonder will the downloads be traditional mp4's or a proprietary pvr container that you cant just keep and play on the tv/laptop off a usb.
    if you have the tv tuner, yeah.

Yeah I do.

• Advertisement

When the one 1st came out I was missing my 360 chatpad big time, now though ??? Unless the new dash impoves the messaging interface I'll not want one and stick to using my phone / pc for smartglass messages :(

When the one 1st came out I was missing my 360 chatpad big time, now though ??? Unless the new dash impoves the messaging interface I'll not want one and stick to using my phone / pc for smartglass messages :(

yeah, smartglass is the way to go alright, its just more natural feeling to use the same text pad i use every day rather than making my controller bulkier.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

yeah, smartglass is the way to go alright, its just more natural feeling to use the same text pad i use every day rather than making my controller bulkier.

+1

I think Smartglass is a super app, use it regularly myself.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Seems like every game coming out is including the 360 games on Backward compatibility, like Rainbow Six, and now Just Cause.

halo wars 2 announced. great! , I think?

halo wars 2 announced. great! , I think?

Yeah, I liked the first one, it would make a good RTS on the PC if done properly. It was ok on the 360, I will most likely pick this up.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Ctrl Alt Delete

logik wrote: »
    +1

I think Smartglass is a super app, use it regularly myself.

Also handy for translating abusive messages into Russian, Poftugese and French.

Nothing like responding to hate mail in their own language :)

Yeah, I liked the first one, it would make a good RTS on the PC if done properly. It was ok on the 360, I will most likely pick this up.

Considering that it's made Creative Assembly, which put out RTS hit after hit, I'd say this'll be good. They also made Alien Isolation, so they know how to distil a concept into a game.

Also handy for translating abusive messages into Russian, Poftugese and French.

Nothing like responding to hate mail in their own language :)

Now that is a class idea!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

MS are really upping their game. Had 360 last gen, PS4 now. Getting really tempted by the One, lots of great announcements recently.

Thankfully I can afford to buy one, it's more a question of having the time to get the most out of both consoles. Damn life and responsibilities! :D

Reckon we could see Xbox One and/or PS4 price cuts in time for the Christmas market?

• Advertisement

MS are really upping their game. Had 360 last gen, PS4 now. Getting really tempted by the One, lots of great announcements recently.

Thankfully I can afford to buy one, it's more a question of having the time to get the most out of both consoles. Damn life and responsibilities! :D

Reckon we could see Xbox One and/or PS4 price cuts in time for the Christmas market?

Xbox might come down again by 50 euro or you will have some tasty bundles but I cant see the PS4 coming down in price. It is selling so they don't need to drop the price. They will of course have tasty bundles aswell.

I think you can get the 1TB version of the Xbone now for 400?

A video of a Crackdown 3 Tech demo:

Pretty sure that if Microsoft had this ready to go at the Xbox One launch, no one would have been making jokes about "the power of the cloud"

As with all new hardware, it does take a few years for devs to actually start utilising the hardware properly.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,182 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Hadn't realised, but there was a new game called Sheltered added to game preview yesterday.

As with all new hardware, it does take a few years for devs to actually start utilising the hardware properly.

Its one of the most painful things about being an early adopter, a year or two of polish jobs on last gen titles and then the good stuff starts coming. I have to say, between E3 and Gamescom, I'm very happy I went for the xbox one over the PS4, there's certainly more stuff to play than I'll ever have time for anyway.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Hadn't realised, but there was a new game called Sheltered added to game preview yesterday.

Only released the other day on steam too. Price seems reasonable so might check out the demo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭Corvo

Is anyone having problems with their controller?

I switch mine on say, and it will blink about 10 or 12 times, then shut off, never connecting. Then I might press it again and it will connect.

Its really annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Corvo wrote: »

I switch mine on say, and it will blink about 10 or 12 times, then shut off, never connecting. Then I might press it again and it will connect.

Its really annoying

Have you tried a hard reset of the console and then re-synching the controller?

Corvo wrote: »

Its really annoying

yes, a few weeks back, when i go to turn on the console with the controller, nothing would happen, and it was hard to get it to sync again. for a finish I had to attach it with a usb cable to get it synced. I don't know what caused it and it happened maybe 3 or 4 times, but it hasn't occurred again lately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭Corvo

yes, a few weeks back, when i go to turn on the console with the controller, nothing would happen, and it was hard to get it to sync again. for a finish I had to attach it with a usb cable to get it synced. I don't know what caused it and it happened maybe 3 or 4 times, but it hasn't occurred again lately.

Well this has been happening for weeks now, and it will sync after a couple of goes (I'll usually pop out the battery pack and try again)

Its driving me insane and hooking it via the cable isnt helping.

With regards the hard reset, will that do any form of damage? I.e. deletion of saves etc.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement