Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Corvo wrote: »
    Well this has been happening for weeks now, and it will sync after a couple of goes (I'll usually pop out the battery pack and try again)

Its driving me insane and hooking it via the cable isnt helping.

With regards the hard reset, will that do any form of damage? I.e. deletion of saves etc.

by hard reset, what we mean is to power off the xbox completely by holding down the power button until the console shuts off. - I usually plug mine out of the wall for a few minutes. This wont affect any saves etc.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

by hard reset, what we mean is to power off the xbox completely by holding down the power button until the console shuts off. - I usually plug mine out of the wall for a few minutes. This wont affect any saves etc.

Normally this would be true, but a game recently managed to screw this up, can't remember which one. Wasn't a major game, but it required you to actually quit out of the game in order for the save to work properly, rather than just leaving it on the main screen.

CatInABox wrote: »
    Normally this would be true, but a game recently managed to screw this up, can't remember which one. Wasn't a major game, but it required you to actually quit out of the game in order for the save to work properly, rather than just leaving it on the main screen.

was that "so many me"?

Yeah, i suppose a precaution would be to close all games running first, but the one you mentioned is really the exception to the rule.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,182 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Pretty sure that was So Many Me.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Yeah, it was. Knew it was recent enough, but couldn't remember for the life of me. I've heard a few reports of it screwing up some Forza saves as well, but yeah, the vast majority of times, it won't have any effect at all.

• Advertisement

Yeah, it was. Knew it was recent enough, but couldn't remember for the life of me. I've heard a few reports of it screwing up some Forza saves as well, but yeah, the vast majority of times, it won't have any effect at all.

One thing that annoys me about the new consoles, it that it can be kind of difficult to know when your game actually saves. There something kind of reassuring about opening a menu, selecting "save game" etc before you finish up for the night. The days of having seperate save slots seems to be dying out too, which is a shame for games with branching paths.

Forza and Sunset overdrive are two that immediately spring to mind, dying light the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Corvo wrote: »
    Is anyone having problems with their controller?

I switch mine on say, and it will blink about 10 or 12 times, then shut off, never connecting. Then I might press it again and it will connect.

Its really annoying

Cold boot the console, plug in the controller and update it, then resync it.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 489 ✭✭AngryDiMaria

Lads does anyone know where the 'record that' feature has disappeared to? I'm on the latest preview dashboard and when I double click the Xbox button the option isn't there anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Pedro Monscooch

Lads does anyone know where the 'record that' feature has disappeared to? I'm on the latest preview dashboard and when I double click the Xbox button the option isn't there anymore.
    Does it happen on one specific game or a few? Are you online?

Does it happen on one specific game or a few? Are you online?

I've only been playing Rory McIlroy lately I will try another game now and see if its still the same.

• Advertisement

Tried a couple of games with no luck. I'm connected to live constantly.

EDIT:

Broadcasts and game captures were disabled in preferences. Idiot :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Pedro Monscooch

Tried a couple of games with no luck. I'm connected to live constantly.

EDIT:

Broadcasts and game captures were disabled in preferences. Idiot :)

Ha, I didn't know there was such an option. Glad you got it back. PGA has some save-worthy moments in it. Here's a better site to share your saves than the Xbox page: http://xboxdvr.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 27,901 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Ha, I didn't know there was such an option. Glad you got it back. PGA has some save-worthy moments in it. Here's a better site to share your saves than the Xbox page: http://xboxdvr.com/

I find that site very laggy. The clips are always buffering.

You can also download the YouTube app and upload your clips directly from that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

So question for people about the windows 10 game streaming.

So just say my xbox one is at home on my Wifi network with a game in its drive is it posable to use my Surface Pro 2 on a different network to stream the game ?.

Both networks are Fibre with crazy good upload speeds.

So question for people about the windows 10 game streaming.

So just say my xbox one is at home on my Wifi network with a game in its drive is it posable to use my Surface Pro 2 on a different network to stream the game ?.

Both networks are Fibre with crazy good upload speeds.

You can, but it's not supported natively. You've got to do a fair bit of work on your routers to do it, and I don't have the details to hand, but you should be able to find it online.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,441 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I'm using the wireless display preview and for the last two days the xbox has not shown up as a listed device when I try to project to it from my pc.

Was all working fine, have reset XBOX and also rebooted laptop and router but still no joy.

Anyone got any ideas?

murpho999 wrote: »
    I'm using the wireless display preview and for the last two days the xbox has not shown up as a listed device when I try to project to it from my pc.

Was all working fine, have reset XBOX and also rebooted laptop and router but still no joy.

Anyone got any ideas?

Install anything like VMware or Virtualbox?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,441 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Are your devices on the same IP?

All on the same network
    Install anything like VMware or Virtualbox?

No absolutely nothing has changed since Friday when it was working fine

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

If anyone has any American friends looking for a serious bargain.

$499 for an Xbox ONE with Halo Master Chief Collection and a 40" Full HD Samsung TV

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/xbox-one-halo-master-chief-collection-bundle-with-40-tv/9999251700050003.p?id=pcmprd250200050003&skuId=9999251700050003&ref=199&loc=WWi7N*bbiGA&acampID=1&siteID=WWi7N.bbiGA-R3BzE7DKWM2ZsdLAGXorag

...and it's a Smart TV.

I hate Americans and their deals the lucky bastárds :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I'm back playing Titanfall again and loving it. I think it's a shame the way its almost been forgotten about and for me its still easily the best competitive shooter on the current gen. The new ranking system they've added gives and extra incentive to play and with all the DLC now free and their horde mode, there's so much to play.

I'm back playing Titanfall again and loving it. I think it's a shame the way its almost been forgotten about and for me its still easily the best competitive shooter on the current gen. The new ranking system they've added gives and extra incentive to play and with all the DLC now free and their horde mode, there's so much to play.

I still have it installed and have often thought about firing it up again but always drift to something else. I can't really explain why.

More of the Beautiful looking "Unravel"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Maybe it's just me but I think there's way to many platform style games on the xb1

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    More of the Beautiful looking "Unravel"

That looks class, looks beautiful also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭trixiebust

Bought this in the sale last Christmas, and only started playing it about a month ago, and I'm completely hooked. I never play shooters.. I think this is the first one I've actually owned, but with this you can just pick up and play. Couldn't recommend it highly enough for al those not into FPS.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,762 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

trixiebust wrote: »
    Bought this in the sale last Christmas, and only started playing it about a month ago, and I'm completely hooked. I never play shooters.. I think this is the first one I've actually owned, but with this you can just pick up and play. Couldn't recommend it highly enough for al those not into FPS.

I could never get into titanfall albeit the 360 version. Never understood what exactly was going on. Much rather Halo 4 or other shooters.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

dunworth1 wrote: »
    Maybe it's just me but I think there's way to many platform style games on the xb1

In fairness, it's mainly indie developers making them, so it's not as if they're cutting into the budgets of larger games. As it is, if a game is good enough, then I'll support it by buying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭alpahaeagle

murpho999 wrote: »
    All on the same network

No absolutely nothing has changed since Friday when it was working fine

I had this problem with my phone and I just turned off the wifi on the phone and then turned it back on and it worked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

For anyone who needs a bit of extra storage, I picked up a SEAGATE EXPANSION 3TB DE from Argos yesterday, €105, catalogue number 143/4716.

Have previously been using the 1TB Portable version of the same, no problems.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement