Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,777 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

There is a chatpad coming out for the Xbox One in November.

I have a chatpad on my 360 controller and it's great for entering passwords and firing off messages etc. I'll be picking up the Xbox One version for sure.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,185 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Jordan 191 wrote: »
    There is a chatpad coming out for the Xbox One in November.

I have a chatpad on my 360 controller and it's great for entering passwords and firing off messages etc. I'll be picking up the Xbox One version for sure.

Seems kind of pointless to me when you can just use smartglass.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

So it appears there's a 4th option when it comes to streaming Xbox ONE to Windows 10. Apart from Low, Medium & High there is also a hidden "Very High" option that appears to stream full 1080p.

"To make the change, go to C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.XboxApp_~~~~~~\LocalState and locate the file “userconsoledata.” From there, open the file in a text editor and look for the entry “IsInternalPreview” and change the “false” after it to “true.” Save the file, relaunch the Xbox App and start streaming. On the top right, there should be four options, with “Very High” now listed along with the other choices."

Read more: http://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/hidden-very-high-quality-option-available-in-windows-10-xbox-streaming/#ixzz3ijKGbwZp

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

foxerv1 wrote: »
    For anyone who needs a bit of extra storage, I picked up a SEAGATE EXPANSION 3TB DE from Argos yesterday, €105, catalogue number 143/4716.

Have previously been using the 1TB Portable version of the same, no problems.

I was looking too as with game sharing mine will be full soon. Think I'll go for SATA though, primarily cos the load times are meant to be faster. The load times in The Witcher 3 are a nuisance.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    I was looking too as with game sharing mine will be full soon. Think I'll go for SATA though, primarily cos the load times are meant to be faster. The load times in The Witcher 3 are a nuisance.

SSD?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

miralize wrote: »
    SSD?

€€€?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

I think the Tomb Raider Definitive Edition might be one of the best games I've ever played, really enjoying it so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Anyone pick up toy soldiers yet?

I see that's it's double price at 30 to get the pack with he-man and GI Joe.

15 for the standard version.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

deco nate wrote: »
    €€€?

Ha. Yeah, a bit dearer but I'm hoping one of the European amazon sites will have a decent deal.

You know how Cex show how much they pay for each game on their site. Do they pay that value regardless of the condition or is that the max price and they work their way down from there depending on the condition.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭maximoose

The latter. If it's in bad condition you'll be offered less.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

Looking for external for the console. Whats the best deal for going? I'm seeing that seagate drives aren't what they used to be.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,185 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

kiddums wrote: »
    Looking for external for the console. Whats the best deal for going? I'm seeing that seagate drives aren't what they used to be.

I think most people have this one as it goes on sale every now and then:http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/2489935.htm

I have one and it's not let me down yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I think most people have this one as it goes on sale every now and then:http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/2489935.htm

Cool. So wait for it to go on sale and get it then? Any idea if it was on sale recently?

kiddums wrote: »
    Cool. So wait for it to go on sale and get it then? Any idea if it was on sale recently?

I can't remember the last time sorry, it's been a couple of months at least I think. Definitely been on sale a few times though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Mickeroo wrote: »

Same one that is suitable to stick into a PS4 for anyone that owns that console too.

Thanks for that Maxi, they offered me almost the exact value that I had added up on the site a few days previous (€34).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

My friend is having problems with his xbox one. It's getting stuck on the green screen , when I mean stuck I mean he can't get to the dashboard with a few days now. He tried a fix by downloading a file from xbox.com onto a USB stick and plugging it into the xbox but no luck unfortunately.

It's a day one console that he bought off his cousin a bit back so he has no receipt.

Does anyone know what could be the problem ?

rottie 11 wrote: »
    My friend is having problems with his xbox one. It's getting stuck on the green screen , when I mean stuck I mean he can't get to the dashboard with a few days now. He tried a fix by downloading a file from xbox.com onto a USB stick and plugging it into the xbox but no luck unfortunately.

It's a day one console that he bought off his cousin a bit back so he has no receipt.

Does anyone know what could be the problem ?

Could be many things but first thing I'd look for is corrupted or damaged hard drive.

When he downloaded the file from xbox.com one is an update file and the other is a factory reset file. Did he try the factory reset one?

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Could be many things but first thing I'd look for is corrupted or damaged hard drive.

When he downloaded the file from xbox.com one is an update file and the other is a factory reset file. Did he try the factory reset one?

Yes he tried the factory reset one but it didn't fix it. How would he go about checking the harddrive? The xbox would have to be opened wouldn't it

• Advertisement

Yes he tried the factory reset one but it didn't fix it. How would he go about checking the harddrive? The xbox would have to be opened wouldn't it

It would have to be opened yeah. Then either try a working HDD from another XB1 or else a spare 500gb HDD but it would need to be formatted right for XB1 to read it which is another bigger pain in the arse.

Here's how to open XB1 and get access to your HDD for a start:

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    It would have to be opened yeah. Then either try a working HDD from another XB1 or else a spare 500gb HDD but it would need to be formatted right for XB1 to read it which is another bigger pain in the arse.

Here's how to open XB1 and get access to your HDD for a start:

Cheers misky but i don't think he'll be willing to go opening it tbh

Day One so it's not 2 years old yet. They will be able to determine it's age via the serial number so I would imagine it's covered by MS. Give them a ding-a-ling with your serial number at the ready, sure it will only cost you your time and price of the call to find out.

Don't bother with the online chat, they mean well but will try your patience no end :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,501 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

If your friends in the Dublin/Wicklow area give Console Repairs a call they should be able fix it if Microsoft won't entertain repairing it.

Day One so it's not 2 years old yet. They will be able to determine it's age via the serial number so I would imagine it's covered by MS. Give them a ding-a-ling with your serial number at the ready, sure it will only cost you your time and price of the call to find out.

Don't bother with the online chat, they mean well but will try your patience no end :pac:

Il tell him to ring them up and hopefully they fix it for free ha

If your friends in the Dublin/Wicklow area give Console Repairs a call they should be able fix it if Microsoft won't entertain repairing it.

Na he lives in kerry. Thanks tho

Il tell him to ring them up and hopefully they fix it for free ha

Quote... Fit for purpose...
    An electronics item has a life span minimum. It's covered by law

Also wish I'd read this before I took a controller apart and fixed it myself.

http://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-one/warranties-and-repair/console-kinect-warranty

Accessories are covered for a year by them too not the 6 months those idiots told me :mad:

Edit: Oh in relation to the op and what deco said and the link i posted, this is a relevant section I think
    (c) IF YOUR LOCAL AND APPLICABLE LAW GIVES YOU ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY, INCLUDING AN IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ITS DURATION IS LIMITED TO THE WARRANTY PERIOD, UNLESS OTHERWISE PROVIDED BY SUCH LOCAL LAW.

deco nate wrote: »
    Quote... Fit for purpose...
    An electronics item has a life span minimum. It's covered by law

Without proof of purchase?

• Advertisement

Without proof of purchase?

Yes, because xbox one is under the EU limit, ie less than 2 years :)

Edit:even if it was, Irish laws surpass it.. Under Irish law it's 6 years

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement