Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    From what I read, both screens will be active.

On XBOX, enable streaming in settings.
    On Win 10 PC, connect XBOX One controller, let it find drivers etc.
    Open and Sign into the XBOX One App on PC or Laptop.
    There should be a stream button/option with your XBOX ONE listed under it.

It was probably because i didn't enable streaming in settings. Will try it tonight and see anyway.

I was reading an article from April I think that had mentioned the screen on the TV would deactivate when you streamed to PC/laptop. They must have fixed that so!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Lol yeah the sun was coming to tell me to go to bed this morning alright whoops :rolleyes: :

What sun? Seriously dude, you're sleep deprived :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Misky, what way did you set up the Xbox streaming? connection wise, router wired to both PC and Xbox One etc or WIFI?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Misky, what way did you set up the Xbox streaming? connection wise, router wired to both PC and Xbox One etc or WIFI?

I have my xb1 wireless and my PC wired via powerline adapter all through a basic Vodafone huawei router and it worked flawlessly. Was able to set it to high no problem.

When I tried it on my i3 laptop during tech preview I couldn't even stream on low even with both wired. So my laptop just must not be able for it. I'll try again once I install full 10 on laptop.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭recyclops

i had agreat time strolling round the house testing streaming last night

mine is wireless all round and the main issue i had was drop in sound. also have to use my controller through micro usb to laptop which is not a major issue

found it to be excellent. also if anyone uses onedrive for music the new groove app is fantastic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Does your xbox one have to be turned on to stream the games? Can it be left in standby

Say I'm down stairs with my laptop and xbox is upstairs in standby do i need to go and turn on the xbox to stream?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

dunworth1 wrote: »
    Does your xbox one have to be turned on to stream the games? Can it be left in standby

Say I'm down stairs with my laptop and xbox is upstairs in standby do i need to go and turn on the xbox to stream?

Streaming just turns your pc into a second Xbox screen so the console needs to be on and whatever you are doing on the win10 pc shows on the consoles tv.

dunworth1 wrote: »

If the Xbox One is in "instant on" power mode you can turn on the console from the Xbox app. You wont need to go upstairs to turn it on.

If the Xbox One is in "instant on" power mode you can turn on the console from the Xbox app. You wont need to go upstairs to turn it on.

You serious. Fúcking niiice :D

Ah here, being able to turn on your Xbox One via Smartglass has been available for two months. Keep up lads :)

• Advertisement

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    Ah here, being able to turn on your Xbox One via Smartglass has been available for two months. Keep up lads

I forgots :rolleyes:

Colemania wrote: »
    It was probably because i didn't enable streaming in settings. Will try it tonight and see anyway.

I was reading an article from April I think that had mentioned the screen on the TV would deactivate when you streamed to PC/laptop. They must have fixed that so!

Just figured out the problem. The xbox app on the laptop needed updating as i didn't have the stream option. Tried it there......jesus its class! It plays on both screens alright. Any chance in split screen of having a player on each screen?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 489 ✭✭AngryDiMaria

Just figured out the problem. The xbox app on the laptop needed updating as i didn't have the stream option. Tried it there......jesus its class! It plays on both screens alright. Any chance in split screen of having a player on each screen?

That's a great idea, the possibilities are endless :)

Anyone know if they have removed the on screen keyboard in the Win 10 xbox app ? Used to pop up in smart glass if you went to type something on the xbox :confused:

Strangely enough my laptop which couldn't cope with the game streaming when it had windows 10 technical preview installed on it can now stream games fine with the final version. Even set to high.

No complaints from me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Strangely enough my laptop which couldn't cope with the game streaming when it had windows 10 technical preview installed on it can now stream games fine with the final version. Even set to high.

No complaints from me :)

Installing windows 10 tonight, not had the chance to do it yet, looking forward to trying the streaming.

What I am hoping is that eventually we'll be able to stream PC games to the Xbox One.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭maximoose

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭dunworth1

What I am hoping is that eventually we'll be able to stream PC games to the Xbox One.

No real reason why not as far as I can tell all they are doing is using something similar to remote desktop connection to stream from xbox to pc anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

finally got fibre bb. so ****ing happy

http://www.speedtest.net/result/4546244481.png

• Advertisement

rottie 11 wrote: »
    finally got fibre bb. so ****ing happy

http://www.speedtest.net/result/4546244481.png

Niiice :)

Getting mine next Wednesday :D

I took a big drop from 150mb to 6mb when I moved back to the countryside. So it will be nice to get back up a little, even if it is 40mb like yourself.

Btw, shouldn't your upload be more about 10?

I took a big drop from 150mb to 6mb when I moved back to the countryside. So it will be nice to get back up a little, even if it is 40mb like yourself.

This is my first time having decent bb. I'm not sure about the upload but it was 0.60 before I got the fibre and ping was usually between 60-90 so I can't complain :)

I have eFibre and the speeds on all devices are so inconsistent!

The average speed I get on the laptop is about 25-30mb
    The average on my htc one m7 is in and around the same.
    On the xbox one, i'm not sure but I reckon its about 18mb
    And on the ipad its at 75mb! What the hell is in an ipad that isn't in the rest of those devices??

My brother brought over his ps4 (booooo) yesterday to download some games and through the wireless connection it was 17mb but i hooked an ethernet cable up to the ps4 from the home plug and it jumped to 40! Might do it for the xbox but it means i have to keep disconnecting the TV box so it'll get awkward!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

And on the ipad its at 75mb! What the hell is in an ipad that isn't in the rest of those devices??

My brother brought over his ps4 (booooo) yesterday to download some games and through the wireless connection it was 17mb but i hooked an ethernet cable up to the ps4 from the home plug and it jumped to 40! Might do it for the xbox but it means i have to keep disconnecting the TV box so it'll get awkward!

25 to 30 sounds about right for wireless. Most devices will get around that. Not sure why the iPad would be getting much higher, perhaps it's using the latest WiFi tech?

Hooking it up directly with Ethernet is obviously the best going, why do you have to disconnect the tv box?

rottie 11 wrote: »
    This is my first time having decent bb. I'm not sure about the upload but it was 0.60 before I got the fibre and ping was usually between 60-90 so I can't complain :)

Ahh yeah I know it's a very nice upgrade upload wise but I think you should be getting at least 10. I'm a fooker for squeezing the last drop out of everything./ 40/10 seems to be the general profile but a lot of others on about 40 have over 10 upload, 14-19mb even.

You can see over on the broadband forum:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056971854&page=19

But of course if you're happy with it then cool :)

Likely a different network card in the IPad than the others. Even if you have a 200Mbps connection most wireless devices will never do over 50 due a combination wireless cards and modems/routhers. the 802.11G standard which most still use is usually around 50 with N being around 300 I think. N isn't even a new standard it's been surpassed by AC which is GBps !!!!

CatInABox wrote: »
    25 to 30 sounds about right for wireless. Most devices will get around that. Not sure why the iPad would be getting much higher, perhaps it's using the latest WiFi tech?

Hooking it up directly with Ethernet is obviously the best going, why do you have to disconnect the tv box?

Its the eFibre TV channels so the box operates through the internet, i.e. the ethernet cable plugged from the TV box to the home plug. Wouldn't recommend the eircom channels to anyone. Very bad selection and slow interface. If sky fibre had been available when I signed up to eircom, I would have gone to sky.

Likely a different network card in the IPad than the others. Even if you have a 200Mbps connection most wireless devices will never do over 50 due a combination wireless cards and modems/routhers. the 802.11G standard which most still use is usually around 50 with N being around 300 I think. N isn't even a new standard it's been surpassed by AC which is GBps !!!!

Its the iPad air, not the latest one though. Impressive speed alright

• Advertisement

When I do a speed test on the xb1 my latency is 152. It's 10 when I do it on a laptop. Both wired , is that normal?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement