Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Was the free GT change on the One a limited time thing? I went to change my GT last night and it was going to charge me a tenner.

First one is free, a tenner each after that.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,184 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

First one is free, a tenner each after that.

Weird, I've never changed my GT. Would it not being my home console affect it?

Weird, I've never changed my GT. Would it not being my home console affect it?

Nope, its linked to live, not a console. Might be in your history on commerce.Microsoft.com

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

You only get one free change if you didnt pick your gamertag i.e. were given a random generated one.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,184 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Tinie wrote: »
    You only get one free change if you didnt pick your gamertag i.e. were given a random generated one.

Ah that'll be it then. Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Ah that'll be it then. Cheers.

You'd never be happy if you changed anyways.

Also, never stick IRL on your tag like I did. It does indicate to Irish and UK players that you are Irish, but the Americans cannot hack it at all. "Hey The BATMAN In Real Life".../mute

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    You'd never be happy if you changed anyways.

Also, never stick IRL on your tag like I did. It does indicate to Irish and UK players that you are Irish, but the Americans cannot hack it at all. "Hey The BATMAN In Real Life".../mute

Heh, I always did wonder if people ever made that mistake with your GT.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭maximoose

Better than being called a "maxi pad".

16 year old me had no idea what that was :pac:

Seems there will be 25 new digital games over the next 5 weeks.

Can't really make any of them out, bar Toy Soldiers War Chest (featuring 1980s version of He-Man (sold)) & Smite.
    maximoose wrote: »
    Better than being called a "maxi pad".

16 year old me had no idea what that was :pac:

I can't really talk, I think in Battlefield or GOW3 I called a fellow boardsie Seamarse, Seam Arse instead of the Irish pronunciation of James. There was much laughter on my end, muted.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,740 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Evening all,

So I decided that as I'm now middle-aged (40 today) that I'd treat myself to the 360 I've been humming and hawwing over for the last 2 months :)
    Picked up a used 360S in CeX earlier on with a 250GB HDD, controller and XBox Remote (even has a 12 month warranty which is why I paid the bit more over an Adverts one) and so I've spent the afternoon setting it up and exploring the interfaces.

So, where should I start? I've already gotten it hooked up to my DLNA server and it's happily streaming videos here as I make dinner, and I downloaded a Forza demo which is pretty cool (even if I am useless at it :p) but what would ye suggest next?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Get 12 mthd Xbox live from cdkeys and then download the free games each month. Tell us what genres you like and we'll recommend the best games.

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Evening all,

So I decided that as I'm now middle-aged (40 today) that I'd treat myself to the 360 I've been humming and hawwing over for the last 2 months :)
    Picked up a used 360S in CeX earlier on with a 250GB HDD, controller and XBox Remote (even has a 12 month warranty which is why I paid the bit more over an Adverts one) and so I've spent the afternoon setting it up and exploring the interfaces.

So, where should I start? I've already gotten it hooked up to my DLNA server and it's happily streaming videos here as I make dinner, and I downloaded a Forza demo which is pretty cool (even if I am useless at it :p) but what would ye suggest next?

This is a pretty good read and list if you want game recommendations.
    http://www.gamesradar.com/best-xbox-360-games/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Evening all,

Battlefield 3.Thats all you need

To people who've updated to Win 10; is xbox streaming laggy for you also? Not sure if its my LAN setup or my laptop causing it.

To people who've updated to Win 10; is xbox streaming laggy for you also? Not sure if its my LAN setup or my laptop causing it.

Should be no lag at all. Even over wan 10meg up should be next to perfect.

Should be no lag at all. Even over wan 10meg up should be next to perfect.

Im using homeplugs which has the console a decent bit away, that could be the issue. Ill test it more.

Does your laptop power have much say in lag also?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 489 ✭✭AngryDiMaria

Mine was terrible over WiFi but I was able to get the highest quality over homeplugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,776 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Evening all,

I recommend Far Cry 3. It's one of the best games you will ever play.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭ROAAAR

It's slightly laggy on the low setting for me. Anything else is just too jittery.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Mine was terrible over WiFi but I was able to get the highest quality over homeplugs.
    Did you know that you can lower the quality of the streaming between Xbox and Windows 10? It's an option in the top-right of the App when streaming (more info)

• Advertisement

Did you know that you can lower the quality of the streaming between Xbox and Windows 10? It's an option in the top-right of the App when streaming (more info)

Yes I knew that option existed but I wouldn't use the low setting because it looks like dirt. I don't like wiring up my laptop either so streaming isn't an option for me anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

I got around to trying out the streaming. It never worked on my laptop during technical preview but it works absolutely perfectly now I have 10 on my main PC.

https://twitter.com/MiskyBoyy/status/626590737757544449/photo/1

I used the built in record function of the Windows 10 app to record a short clip to show the quality. You can also record the system ui aka the dashboard/home this way too.
    (watch in 1080p)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Looks deadly. I see you have the 'What's On' tab on your dashboard. Was that added recently? I'm in the preview too but don't have that yet.

Edit: Get some sleep Misky :D

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    Looks deadly. I see you have the 'What's On' tab on your dashboard. Was that added recently? I'm in the preview too but don't have that yet.

He likely has the region set to UK

Miskyy what keyboard is that? looks class

• Registered Users Posts: 28,740 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Thanks for the quick replies guys :)

sweetie wrote: »
    Get 12 mthd Xbox live from cdkeys and then download the free games each month. Tell us what genres you like and we'll recommend the best games.

Cool.. will check that out today. Have you a link by chance?

As for genres, I've been mostly a PC gamer in the past so things like RTS, FPS (Battlefield mostly), driving/racing games (GTA, Need for Speed etc)
    This is a pretty good read and list if you want game recommendations.
    http://www.gamesradar.com/best-xbox-360-games/

Thanks for this... will have a read today.
    Battlefield 3.Thats all you need

I was big into BF3 on the PC alright, but how does it translate to an XBox controller? Don't suppose there's a way I can use a keyboard/mouse :p
    Jordan 191 wrote: »
    I recommend Far Cry 3. It's one of the best games you will ever play.

I loved the first Far Cry when it came out but I haven't had a PC in a good while now so I haven't kept up with the series... where would be the best place to get the games cheap, preferably online/digital downloads?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Just have a general look on cdkeys.com and you'll find 12 months xbox live cheap and other games if you're ok with digital.

http://www.cdkeys.com/xbox-live

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Couldn't find how to stream the xbox to the laptop last night. How do you do it? Also, does it cut off the picture to the tv and then solely stream to your laptop/computer/tablet? Installed windows 10 yesterday and opened the xbox app but couldn't figure it out

Colemania wrote: »
    Couldn't find how to stream the xbox to the laptop last night. How do you do it? Also, does it cut off the picture to the tv and then solely stream to your laptop/computer/tablet? Installed windows 10 yesterday and opened the xbox app but couldn't figure it out

From what I read, both screens will be active.

On XBOX, enable streaming in settings.
    On Win 10 PC, connect XBOX One controller, let it find drivers etc.
    Open and Sign into the XBOX One App on PC or Laptop.
    There should be a stream button/option with your XBOX ONE listed under it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Gizmo55 wrote: »

Edit: Get some sleep Misky :D

Lol yeah the sun was coming to tell me to go to bed this morning alright whoops :rolleyes: :D
    He likely has the region set to UK

Yeah, usually have it set to USA as they usually have a few bits we don't.
    Miskyy what keyboard is that? looks class

Cheers :) It's the Razer Blackwidow Ultimate : http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-keyboards-keypads/razer-blackwidow-ultimate

The newer version of it is chroma, can change to any colour or lots of colours at once. Mine only does green but it's my favourite colour anyway so no biggie for me :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement