Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,184 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Your gold account covers you for both 360 and the One. There's definitely something screwy with Gears though, I bought it through the 360 console no problem yesterday but when I tried it on the website at work the purchase page was blocked, which was weird as I was able to purchase So Many Me through the work PC no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

I knew the account would work for both alright but it won't seem to work. This is what pops up

Screen%20Shot%202015-07-19%20at%2010.43.12%20pm.png

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,184 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Maybe they've introduced something where you can only get the 360 GWG through the console.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Mthor5

I knew the account would work for both alright but it won't seem to work. This is what pops up

Screen%20Shot%202015-07-19%20at%2010.43.12%20pm.png

I get the same message when i try to download gow3, had no problem with the previous thief or plants v zombies games. Hopefully gets fixed as i have no idea where my 360 console is.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,776 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Hopefully undead nightmare is covered too. I bought that and never played it :(

Hopefully you'll get to play it on XB1 man as it is brilliant to play.

• Advertisement

Thats weird , I got GOW 3 on the web site on friday.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Thats weird , I got GOW 3 on the web site on friday.
    I'd say that it's just an error on their website, as it was only a few months ago that they announced that you could get the Games with Gold on different consoles. Try again in a couple of days maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Fawk Nin

When the BC is fully up and running, will we be able to buy 360 games on the One? I don't have a 360 but wouldn't mind some of them. I tried to get Gears of War 3 so I'd have it when it's BC but it wouldn't let me. It said "log in from your console" or something like that when I tried getting it on the Microsoft website. I assume that's because I haven't got XBox live on a 360?

Also will I be able to just borrow 360 games, pop them in the One and download it for myself if they have BC?

This seems to be specific to Gears, I had the same message.

With regards to borrowing games, you'll always need the disc in the console to play 360 games (unless they are digitl game) even after they are installed in hard drive. So you can;t borrow and install it and then give it back.

I'm not sure about buying 360 games straight from the One, I've been wondering this also.

Fawk Nin wrote: »
    This seems to be specific to Gears, I had the same message.

With regards to borrowing games, you'll always need the disc in the console to play 360 games (unless they are digitl game) even after they are installed in hard drive. So you can;t borrow and install it and then give it back.

I'm not sure about buying 360 games straight from the One, I've been wondering this also.

I was under the impression that if a game is backwards compatible the disc essentially gives you the digital version on the One? I must have taken that up wrong, dang it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I was under the impression that if a game is backwards compatible the disc essentially gives you the digital version on the One? I must have taken that up wrong, dang it.

When you put the disk in, the console reads it, and fetches a digital version of the game from the servers, however, it still uses the disk as a licence.

The sooner they figure out how to make everything digital without screwing everyone over, the better, in my opinion, really can't go back to trying to find disks all over the place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Fawk Nin

CatInABox wrote: »
    When you put the disk in, the console reads it, and fetches a digital version of the game from the servers, however, it still uses the disk as a licence.

The sooner they figure out how to make everything digital without screwing everyone over, the better, in my opinion, really can't go back to trying to find disks all over the place.

I would definitely be handier but in fairness to Microsoft what would stop people just using them to get digital versions and then giving them to friends (or selling them for €2). I would destroy the market for old games which can still be a good revenue source.

Fawk Nin wrote: »
    I would definitely be handier but in fairness to Microsoft what would stop people just using them to get digital versions and then giving them to friends (or selling them for €2). I would destroy the market for old games which can still be a good revenue source.

Yeah, I meant to imply that they should figure it out, not me! :)

Truth be told, a system similar to the one they first put forward would work, as long as it protected in interests of the consumers first, and the publishers second, rather than the other way around. Probably won't happen in this generation though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

I see you get a code for 1 month ea access if you prefer order fifa 16 from xbox store. Would you get it from Gamestop I wonder if u prefer order the game there as I don't want a digital fifa again

Edit : pre order

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Pro Evo will be in 1080p this year on the Xbox One. http://winningelevenblog.com/blog/pes-2016-will-be-1080p-on-xbox-one-too/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Anyone know if any of the Call of Duty's (Particularly Black Ops 2) are getting backwards compatibility?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Anyone know if any of the Call of Duty's (Particularly Black Ops 2) are getting backwards compatibility?
    It's the most requested game so far, but that will be down to Activision whether it comes out or not. Would they risk their annual release (this year it's Black Ops III) to appease their older customers?

They could do like Ubisoft are with the new Rainbow 6 game - They're giving R6:Vegas 1 and 2 with it, which presumably will make it available on back compat for existing owners.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Just seen they are helping people cheat on COD etc.. on this site. That is total BS.
    I play Battlefield 4 and there is nothing worse than cheaters. I am not classed as a excellent player but always come out in the middle on scoreboard at the end of rounds and people who cheat really annoy me and now these companies are helping so they don't get caught or banned. WHY? is what I would like to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Just seen they are helping people cheat on COD etc.. on

That's for people with modded 360's. Who still plays on there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Pedro Monscooch

The fact that I still can't snap Netflix anymore makes me downright peeved (pardon my colourful language).

Is live down ?

• Advertisement

.....and so's my internet the cúnt!

Forced to use my android hot spot for the moment.

ffs, waiting over an hour for 2GB update to download and now Live is down.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,907 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I was on playing Destiny there. I couldn't load my friends list or the party app. I got fed up playing solo so turned it off altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭tripperman

I was online trying to do time trials on f1 and wouldnt load any screens up for friends times or global times

Seems there will be 25 new digital games over the next 5 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭maximoose

9 seconds in... is that... He-Man?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Pedro Monscooch

maximoose wrote: »
    9 seconds in... is that... He-Man?!

Yep. You'll play as He-Man, GI Joe and other 80s toys in the new Toy Soldiers game. Sounds awesome.

• Advertisement

Was the free GT change on the One a limited time thing? I went to change my GT last night and it was going to charge me a tenner.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement