Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I'd imagine any game that has been remastered or ported will never get BC.

Yeah, it's very unfortunate that it's down to the publishers. I'd hope that Microsoft could change their current deals so that if a game is released on one console, then it's available on all future consoles as well.

I just can't imagine that any future console will go from an X86 processor again, which is the main difference between the last and this generation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

CatInABox wrote: »
    Seriously, WTF? Of all the games to remaster and release, they go with Prototype 1 and 2? And then to release it with no marketing whatsoever? And then they price it at €50? Lol.

I've no interest in either of those two games, maybe someone else will find something to enjoy in them.

You can get them here if you want.
    I played Prototype 1 years ago and didn't like it at all. The game had terrible graphics and gameplay similar to Spiderman on the PS2. Why anyone would want to buy them is beyond me, I could think of some far better games to remaster like some of the Assassin's Creeds.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,998 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

CatInABox wrote: »
    Yeah, it's very unfortunate that it's down to the publishers. I'd hope that Microsoft could change their current deals so that if a game is released on one console, then it's available on all future consoles as well.

I just can't imagine that any future console will go from an X86 processor again, which is the main difference between the last and this generation.

theres obviously some sort of market for it though, otherwise they wouldn't be doing it. when you're on forums like this its easy to get a slightly skewed perspective and believe that everyone is as tuned in to the games industry as we are.

there must still be plenty of people buying games for little johnny who walk into a shop and pick items at relative random.

a lot of the recent remasters have me scratching my head though, generally well reviewed titles as such , but none of them set the world aflame the first time round - sleeping dogs, saints row collection, devil may cry 4, dmc etc.

all grand games in their own right, but I dont think the crowd was exactly screaming for them?

I played Sleeping Dogs on the 360, it was alright but the driving in the game was woeful. I've seen it on sale remastered for around €25 (including all the DLC I think?) which I'd say is well worth it for anyone who hasn't played it before.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

theres obviously some sort of market for it though, otherwise they wouldn't be doing it. when you're on forums like this its easy to get a slightly skewed perspective and believe that everyone is as tuned in to the games industry as we are.

there must still be plenty of people buying games for little johnny who walk into a shop and pick items at relative random.

a lot of the recent remasters have me scratching my head though, generally well reviewed titles as such , but none of them set the world aflame the first time round - sleeping dogs, saints row collection, devil may cry 4, dmc etc.

all grand games in their own right, but I dont think the crowd was exactly screaming for them?

There's a market for everything, to be honest. With a "remaster" like this, they've managed to take a dead property and squeeze some more money out of it for relatively little cost. Don't think the developer even exists any more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Picked up one of those controllers today with the headphones jacks. Plugged in my headset and went to update it but " no update available "??

• Registered Users Posts: 27,959 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

rottie 11 wrote: »
    Picked up one of those controllers today with the headphones jacks. Plugged in my headset and went to update it but " no update available "??

It must have the newest software flashed already.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Elite IRL

Anyone believe in the rumours that Microsoft are considering buying AMD? Could be a good move with both consoles using them

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Is there anywhere to check your current download progress that are downloading if your xbox is on, in the smartglass app or website for example, ala the way you could for PS3 through their website? It would have progress bar for each download with the percent done.

My xbox does be downloading at home while im away and would like to see the progress on the games.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Tinie wrote: »
    Is there anywhere to check your current download progress that are downloading if your xbox is on, in the smartglass app or website for example, ala the way you could for PS3 through their website? It would have progress bar for each download with the percent done.

My xbox does be downloading at home while im away and would like to see the progress on the games.

Not at the moment I'm afraid but there is a user vote to get this implemented.

Add your vote to it here:
    https://xbox.uservoice.com/forums/251651-smartglass/suggestions/6192171-view-download-progress-in-smartglass

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Whats the version on it already? Give it a minute or two and tell it to update again anyway - the controller update is a bit buggy still.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Its a new controller so it probably shipped with the update installed.

The controller update came out in March 2014.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Its a new controller so it probably shipped with the update installed.

The controller update came out in March 2014.

You'd be surprised :p

So this happened tonight, pressed X instead of A my mistake on the dash and the one guide came up. Am I the only once who's had an xbox one since launch who didn't know that :confused:

One thing that's very annoying about that controller is that you have to go into settings to change the volume.

Also when I put game volume to the lowest level and chat volume to the highest , the game volume is still a bit overpowering

One thing that's very annoying about that controller is that you have to go into settings to change the volume.

Also when I put game volume to the lowest level and chat volume to the highest , the game volume is still a bit overpowering

try going into the in settings of the game itself - usually there further options there to tweak the sound levels further.

try going into the in settings of the game itself - usually there further options there to tweak the sound levels further.

Thanks il give a look into that

Apparently the new BC games being added this month/soon, from a user on Neogaf who seems to be reliable going by lots of the other posters.
    Castlevania Symphony of the Night
    Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare
    Portal 2
    HItman Absolution
    Street Fighter IV
    Red Dead Redemption
    Soul Calibur IV
    Alan Wake
    Harms Way
    Resident Evil
    Dead Island
    Dead island Riptide
    Gears of War 3
    Crackdown
    Crackdown 2
    Rainbow 6 Vegas 2
    Sonic Adventure
    Just Cause 2
    Mirrors Edge
    Batman Arkham Asylum
    Batman Arkham City
    Metal Gear HD Collection
    Borderlands
    Bayonetta

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Waiting Patiently for Battlefield 3 ;)

Isn't COD 4 a hackers paradise now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,844 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

^ Red Dead Redemption in the list above. That game is awesome :D

• Advertisement

Great, that means I'll be able to play Gears of War 3 without having to plug my 360 back in.

It's available on Games with gold now.

Jordan 191 wrote: »
    ^ Red Dead Redemption in the list above. That game is awesome :D

Hopefully undead nightmare is covered too. I bought that and never played it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Tinie wrote: »
    Apparently the new BC games being added this month/soon, from a user on Neogaf who seems to be reliable going by lots of the other posters.

Street Fighter IV. Chuffed! Wonder will the SF IV controller work with it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    Street Fighter IV. Chuffed! Wonder will the SF IV controller work with it?

Nope there is going to be no support for old hardware such as controllers and the likes. As none of the old kinect games will be supported as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Nope there is going to be no support for old hardware such as controllers and the likes. As none of the old kinect games will be supported as well.

Ah fook. Cheers for the info.

And a few more from the same source...

UBHj1HR.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

mmmmm Condemned <3

Don't see State of Decay being released for BC after they released it again for the Xbox One.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭feelgoodinc27

I wonder could the list of BC games be a clue to future 360 games with gold, arkham asylum would be sweet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

When the BC is fully up and running, will we be able to buy 360 games on the One? I don't have a 360 but wouldn't mind some of them. I tried to get Gears of War 3 so I'd have it when it's BC but it wouldn't let me. It said "log in from your console" or something like that when I tried getting it on the Microsoft website. I assume that's because I haven't got XBox live on a 360?

Also will I be able to just borrow 360 games, pop them in the One and download it for myself if they have BC?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement