Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,967 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Games with Gold next month for sure now!

I know. But come on guys it could be Septembers GWG either. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Anyone any idea when the new controller, the one with the 3.5mm jack, is coming out?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

foxerv1 wrote: »
    Anyone any idea when the new controller, the one with the 3.5mm jack, is coming out?

Now apparently. But only as the covert forces edition it seems.

http://www.xbox.com/en-IE/xbox-one/accessories/controllers/covert-forces-controller

Now apparently. But only as the covert forces edition it seems.

http://www.xbox.com/en-IE/xbox-one/accessories/controllers/covert-forces-controller

Argos have those I believe

• Registered Users Posts: 7,998 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Was in gamestop today and enquired about preordering the elite controller, the manager reckoned they'd be selling them for 160. Cheeky feckers. 150 is dear enough without a tenner to gamestop added on.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,212 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Was in gamestop today and enquired about preordering the elite controller, the manager reckoned they'd be selling them for 160. Cheeky feckers. 150 is dear enough without a tenner to gamestop added on.

Will surely be cheaper somewhere online.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Will surely be cheaper somewhere online.

No doubt, the only reason I'd prefer to buy that in a relatively local bricks and mortar establishment is down to the cost of it. If something goes wrong with it, I want to be able to deal face to face with where I bought it.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,212 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

No doubt, the only reason I'd prefer to buy that in a relatively local bricks and mortar establishment is down to the cost of it. If something goes wrong with it, I want to be able to deal face to face with where I bought it.

I'd go Argos then, they won't do their best to get out of honouring your consumer rights like gamestop will if something goes wrong with it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

You could have saved yourself the trip into the hellhole. They have it with the price online: https://www.gamestop.ie/Xbox%20One/Games/52660/xbox-one-elite-controller

If you want superior customer care with no need to argue then buy from amazon.

I will pick mine up in Argos. I've a €50 One4All voucher that I'm going to save until then :)

• Advertisement

What's the actual release date of the elite controller? Amazon don't have a price or date on their site yet. Think it's going to be a day one purchase for me.

What's the actual release date of the elite controller? Amazon don't have a price or date on their site yet. Think it's going to be a day one purchase for me.

I thought it was around the end of October?

Edit: Amazon.com on my phone says October 31st

I thought it was around the end of October?

Edit: Amazon.com on my phone says October 31st

Ah right, it was the UK site I was looking at. Will be out only a couple of weeks before my birthday :D

Ah right, it was the UK site I was looking at. Will be out only a couple of weeks before my birthday :D

Same as mine. Just 32 weeks before my birthday :D

That still counts doesn't it ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Pedro Monscooch

Has anyone played the World Of Tanks beta? I'm apparently in the minority of people who can't play it due to an error.
    https://twitter.com/WoTXbox/status/619930643154120704

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭tripperman

Has anyone played the World Of Tanks beta? I'm apparently in the minority of people who can't play it due to an error.
    https://twitter.com/WoTXbox/status/619930643154120704

I'm having the same trouble keep getting an error yesterday and today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Only got around to playing Black Flag today, as someone who was a big fan of the series until Assassin's Creed 3 and thought that Black Flag looked poor I must say it's quite fun so far. The graphics are alright but everything else is good, but it's still miles away from Assassin's Creed 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭feelgoodinc27

Only got around to playing Black Flag today, as someone who was a big fan of the series until Assassin's Creed 3 and thought that Black Flag looked poor I must say it's quite fun so far. The graphics are alright but everything else is good, but it's still miles away from Assassin's Creed 2.

AC 2 has to be one of the best games ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Any friends I've added on the xbox one won't show up on my friends list when I'm playing on the 360, why is this?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

rottie 11 wrote:
    Any friends I've added on the xbox one won't show up on my friends list when I'm playing on the 360, why is this?

360 only supports 100 friends max. XB1 supports 1000 I think. Whatever way xb1 does it, it adds them only so the xb1 can see them. Must be some sort of new system that isn't backwards compatible.

You can however go to your friends list on the xb1 and it gives you the option to add them to your 360 friends list too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    360 only supports 100 friends max. XB1 supports 1000 I think. Whatever way xb1 does it, it adds them only so the xb1 can see them. Must be some sort of new system that isn't backwards compatible.

You can however go to your friends list on the xb1 and it gives you the option to add them to your 360 friends list too.

Ah rite cheers for that :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

AC 2 has to be one of the best games ever.
    Absolutely, it's my favourite game that's for sure.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Seriously, WTF? Of all the games to remaster and release, they go with Prototype 1 and 2? And then to release it with no marketing whatsoever? And then they price it at €50? Lol.

I've no interest in either of those two games, maybe someone else will find something to enjoy in them.

You can get them here if you want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

CatInABox wrote: »
    Seriously, WTF? Of all the games to remaster and release, they go with Prototype 1 and 2? And then to release it with no marketing whatsoever? And then they price it at €50? Lol.

I've no interest in either of those two games, maybe someone else will find something to enjoy in them.

That has got to be the must random remaster of games that i have ever seen in my life on the Xbox one/ PS4. I wonder if its just a port or if they done anything new in it ?.

saw it on twitter this morning, really odd choices alright, 2 mediocre open world games at best.

I played the first one and it was grand but about as deep as a puddle.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

It's not even remastered as far as I know. €50 is taking the p*ss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Pedro Monscooch

Its the same file size as the original so a remaster is doubtful. The smart move is to instantly reduce the price 50%. Far more people will buy it then than would ever buy the 2009/2012 games at full price.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Its the same file size as the original so a remaster is doubtful. The smart move is to instantly reduce the price 50%. Far more people will buy it then than would ever buy the 2009/2012 games at full price.

Or just buy Prototype One and Two on xbox 360 for a grand total of €27.50 and then hope that they come up on Backward compatibility soonish.

• Advertisement

I'd imagine any game that has been remastered or ported will never get BC.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement