Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    Definitely I think. it's stalled me buying a wheel anyway.
    Jjiipp79 wrote: »
    Same as! I was going to buy a wheel and build a stand, with this now coming out I will hold off..

Ah come on now lads. The elite controller does look great but it's no comparison to a decent wheel especially with a stand when it comes to racing games.

Not the same level of immersion at all! :cool:

A lot cheaper tho even if the elite controller is 150, the g29 for xbox one is 400 or something stupid, without a gear stick or stand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Ubiquitous Synergy Seeker

I'd think so, with the four extra paddles you could map them to have a clutch and gear up/down combo.

That's exactly what I'm looking forward to using it for

Pretty interesting video here from a guy giving his opinion on the Minecraft hololens after using it:

What it's really like to play Minecraft on Hololens

Sounds very promising & equally as exciting!

I swear, even if this was ONLY for minecraft I'd buy it if it worked as good as it looks!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,967 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

If I buy the Witcher 3 from CD Keys is there a way to enter the code on the Smartglass app so it can download at home ?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,212 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

emmetkenny wrote: »
    If I buy the Witcher 3 from CD Keys is there a way to enter the code on the Smartglass app so it can download at home ?

I don't think so unfortunately, its pretty high on the list of features people want for smartglass. Is xbox.com blocked on you at work?

• Advertisement

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I don't think so unfortunately, its pretty high on the list of features people want for smartglass. Is xbox.com blocked on you at work?

Yup unfortunatly. I'll just have to use E on my mobile data. This will take ages :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,998 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Yup unfortunatly. I'll just have to use E on my mobile data. This will take ages :(

you can redeem codes on commerce.microsoft.com as well, that might not be blocked at your work?

(you can redeem prepaid credit ones anyway for definite, I havent tried it with game codes).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Ah come on now lads. The elite controller does look great but it's no comparison to a decent wheel especially with a stand when it comes to racing games.

Not the same level of immersion at all! :cool:

A lot cheaper tho even if the elite controller is 150, the g29 for xbox one is 400 or something stupid, without a gear stick or stand.

Of course. I'd just rather not spend a fortune on a wheel atm.

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    Of course. I'd just rather not spend a fortune on a wheel atm.

Just something to maybe research if you want a half decent wheel for cheap:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Thrustmaster-Ferrari-Spider-Racing-Wheel/dp/B00IVHQ0KI/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1436293122&sr=8-2&keywords=ferrari+458

Currently €94.99 in Argos.

Plex has been updated on Xbox ONE for Plex Pass customers (not me)

Main thing that grabbed my attention was:

"Everything you need to enjoy your Plex music: in-app background playback, music video support, and more."

Does this mean it can play music in the background whilst you're in a game fullscreen?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Plex has been updated on Xbox ONE for Plex Pass customers (not me)

Main thing that grabbed my attention was:

"Everything you need to enjoy your Plex music: in-app background playback, music video support, and more."

Does this mean it can play music in the background whilst you're in a game fullscreen?

Doesn't read like that to me, sounds like you can now do whatever you want in the Plex app while listening to music, i.e. browse videos, change settings, etc.

Of course, I would have expected that anyway, so maybe I'm wrong.

CatInABox wrote: »
    Doesn't read like that to me, sounds like you can now do whatever you want in the Plex app while listening to music, i.e. browse videos, change settings, etc.

Of course, I would have expected that anyway, so maybe I'm wrong.

Hmmm maybe you're right. Guess we'll wait and see if someone reports otherwise.

The main culprit behind the DDoS attacks on Xbox Live & PSN of Christmas 2014 has been charged with 50,000 counts of computer crime.

He has been given a 2 year suspended sentence which is a joke.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2015/07/07/perpetrator-of-holiday-ddos-attacks-convicted-of-over-50000-computer-crime-counts-.aspx?utm_content=bufferac31f&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Hmmm maybe you're right. Guess we'll wait and see if someone reports otherwise.

Blog post on this is up, seems like a good update, but music is only in the app, snapped, or on the home screen (i.e. while Plex is the main window).

See here.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,212 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Rumours of more BC titles coming next month:

o1HtcvR.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

The main culprit behind the DDoS attacks on Xbox Live & PSN of Christmas 2014 has been charged with 50,000 counts of computer crime.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2015/07/07/perpetrator-of-holiday-ddos-attacks-convicted-of-over-50000-computer-crime-counts-.aspx?utm_content=bufferac31f&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Microsoft or Sony will probably hire him when he gets out.

Microsoft or Sony will probably hire him when he gets out.

Not a chance, he downloaded a script from the internet and double clicked on it, he's not some criminal master mind. Far from it, if he managed to get caught.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

2 year suspended of a first time offence where no one was harmed. Sounds fine imo.

2 year suspended of a first time offence where no one was harmed. Sounds fine imo.

He has done so much more than that tho.

You can read what sort of low life this fella is here: https://np.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/3co2x1/daybreak_ceo_to_go_after_hacker_who_downed_his/csxjztr

It's a Sony executive giving his opinion on the conviction.

I was fupping harmed! plenty games to play and not able to do so because of denial of service.

on the plus side, I got to know my wife and a kids a bit better, they seem like a pleasant enough group.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

He has done so much more than that tho.

You can read what sort of low life this fella is here: https://np.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/3co2x1/daybreak_ceo_to_go_after_hacker_who_downed_his/csxjztr

It's a Sony executive giving his opinion on the conviction.

No previous convictions though? So still a first offence and the finnish justice system is all about rehab,not punishment.

No previous convictions though? So still a first offence and the finnish justice system is all about rehab,not punishment.

I have to say, some of those reddit comments are comedy gold.

"i hope he gets hacked.... into pieces"

edit, just read on further, it devolves into being the fault of ethnic minorities and then veers off about how rape is classified in sweden. Truly the internet is a wonderful place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Got my bank statement in the post today, Microsoft are a gas crowd charging me twice for Guacamelee before realising their error and giving it back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Got my bank statement in the post today, Microsoft are a gas crowd charging me twice for Guacamelee before realising their error and giving it back.

What's the problem then if they gave it back ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

It shouldn't be happening in the first place!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Never happened me. I'm sure it's a once off :)

It shouldn't be happening in the first place!

I once worked in a bank, and everything runs on batch jobs overnight. Direct Debits, Expenses, everything. When one of the guys noticed that one of the scripts had stopped running, he ran it again, except he didn't tell anyone.

Sorting that out was fun. In a not at all fun way.

Ryse is avaible on CD Keys for €9 with a facebook like.

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭erkifino

Ryse confirmed for August GwG! :D
    at this stage I don't know if it's true though...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭feelgoodinc27

Games with Gold next month for sure now!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement