Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC One (M8) Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

91AP wrote: »
    I was looking for one myself out gave up on it. I'm using my Galaxy S4 case. It works pretty well. I just put the case upside down and all the ports are accessible and the screen fits perfect. The volume rockers is a bit fidgety but other than that it does the job.

Just a quick update on this. I did a quick eBay search and did find 2 cases specifically for the m8.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Nolimits wrote: »
    Just ordered a toast case with HTC logo and no custom text. Has anyone else here ever had a toast case?

http://www.toastmade.com/HTC_One.html

Very cool looking case.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

threein99 wrote: »
    Very cool looking case.

Does look really great but they appear to be mainly stick/clip ons and I wonder how protective they'd actually be for the phone. Great and very unique looking though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

Anyone have any idea if there's a Dual-SIM version on its way?

I know there's a dual sim of the previous HTC One which also has a micro SD slot. Pricy enough and doesn't have 4G as far as I know, but I would absolutely love a dual sim version of this as I do quite a bit of travelling and having data on a local sim is a huge advantage.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,819 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Is the dot view one the only case with a cover for the screen? I just have the grey rubber cover but I fear for scratching the screen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,823 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I got an official folding case from Carphone Warehouse, folds from the left though so a bit of getting used to is needed, going from the flip up case i had on my S3.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭Nolimits

Uriel. wrote: »
    Does look really great but they appear to be mainly stick/clip ons and I wonder how protective they'd actually be for the phone. Great and very unique looking though

Not sure they are really for protection to be honest. One nice advantage of wood is that it just gets better with age. I have one on its way to me anyway.

Nolimits wrote: »
    Not sure they are really for protection to be honest. One nice advantage of wood is that it just gets better with age. I have one on its way to me anyway.

Will be interesting to hear your thoughts on it when you get it in your paws. It will turn heads for sure

For those wondering about the dot view case, none finally arrived a few days ago. Got it for a steal at €20 from xpansys, so can't complain. A couple of negatives:

- Cover can get in the way, doesn't fold back flush with the back, making it difficult for one handed use.
    - Cover can leave the screen with dotted effect which needs to be wiped.

That said, it really is a great case, and hopefully even more functionality is added to it down the line.

Picked up this beauty today eventually from emobile.got home and when I opened the SIM pack discovered they gave me a micro SIM.

Grrrr

Have to go back tomorrow to get the nano.very annoying.

Thank jebus for WiFi though I suppose

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 91AP

Exact same thing happened me with emobile. Went straight back in and they were having a staff meeting and wouldnt open the door. Stayed there until the came out. Spending 500+ on a phone to be given the wrong SIM is annoying to say the least.

Got mine unlocked after that. Cost €15, couldnt go wrong.

Exact same thing happened me with emobile. Went straight back in and they were having a staff meeting and wouldnt open the door. Stayed there until the came out. Spending 500+ on a phone to be given the wrong SIM is annoying to say the least.

Got mine unlocked after that. Cost €15, couldnt go wrong.

Unfortunately I was well gone by the time I noticed. Will be back first thing in the morning though. Once you got to speak to them did it take long to sort out the problem?

Unfortunately I was well gone by the time I noticed. Will be back first thing in the morning though. Once you got to speak to them did it take long to sort out the problem?

He just handed me out a nano SIM and was a bit pissed off that I interrupted the meeting. Thing is I had €20 credit on the micro SIM that couldn't be transferred onto the new SIM, that was annoying. I just unlocked it and ordered SIM's from every network. Handy to have.

Absolute beast of a phone. Also just a side note, if you want to protect it but keep it looking good look on ebay for transparent hard cases. I got one today, cost about 5/10 euro I think. You can see the whole design through it perfectly and it gives good protection.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 bwal

Picked mine up last week . volume buttons are very loose and its next to impossible to put it in my pocket without changing the volume setting. I decided to put up with this as I thought changing the case would solve this.then I noticed a crack on the camera lens.the phone has never been dropped or knocked but apparently other htc suffer from this problem. Not a great start but hopefully htc will stand by it.just wondering if anyone else has this problem with the camera lens ???

bwal wrote: »
    Picked mine up last week . volume buttons are very loose and its next to impossible to put it in my pocket without changing the volume setting. I decided to put up with this as I thought changing the case would solve this.then I noticed a crack on the camera lens.the phone has never been dropped or knocked but apparently other htc suffer from this problem. Not a great start but hopefully htc will stand by it.just wondering if anyone else has this problem with the camera lens ???

I haven't had any problems with mine. The bottom of the phone has what looks like scratches but I think its just from being precision cut by the manufacturing machines. I got the S4 on launch day last year and the bezel was dented and the volume buttons were lose on that. Sometimes these thing just don't get picked up by quality control.

He just handed me out a nano SIM and was a bit pissed off that I interrupted the meeting. Thing is I had €20 credit on the micro SIM that couldn't be transferred onto the new SIM, that was annoying. I just unlocked it and ordered SIM's from every network. Handy to have.

Absolute beast of a phone. Also just a side note, if you want to protect it but keep it looking good look on ebay for transparent hard cases. I got one today, cost about 5/10 euro I think. You can see the whole design through it perfectly and it gives good protection.

Cool cheers. I actually ordered the dot view case from Amazon. Taking a chance on it despite the negative reviews... The bumper that comes with the HTC is pretty good. I'd just be worried about the screen being exposed.

My gnex picked up a heavy crack on day three which was terribly disappointing.

So far I am amazed at the blistering download speeds on the m8 over wifi. Hitting 40mb when my gnex on the same wifi connection could manage 18 at most.

bwal wrote: »

Is there a 14 day cooling off period where you can return it ?

Anyone know why when you go into people app some of the contact photos have like a black dotted mesh over them and some of them are clear.?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Anyone know why when you go into people app some of the contact photos have like a black dotted mesh over them and some of them are clear.?

I guessed that it was due to some images coming from facebook, which are low res... hence the effect to hide the lack of quality. Happy to be corrected on this though.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 bwal

threein99 wrote: »
    Is there a 14 day cooling off period where you can return it ?

With the cracked camera lens they could try and say I done it . having really bad luck with phones.i picked the s4 over the htc one last year and had nothing but signal problems. Picked the htc over the z2 this year and this happens one week in . hopefully htc will stand by it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Formosa

Anyone else notice their's getting quite hot when charging?

Mine does, is that likely to be an issue that I should tackle now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

anyone found a solution to audio sync problems between the phone speakers and the boombass accessory or is there any news on an update or fix, which I'd assume is down to software or bluetooth?
    I'd imagine the problem is with the Boombass accessory. I don't have one, but I play music from my phone through the bluetooth radio in the car regularly, with no issues.

(Unless I'm picking your issue up wrong?)

Dont think you'd notice it that way though as the boombass only provides bass to the phones speakers, whereas all is being passed to the car speakers.
    Very noticeable on some songs, the treble is a long way ahead of the bass.

The battery life is unreal on this device. I took it off charge yesterday at 7am and still have 34% left. Mad. Fair enough I haven't been using it very heavily but still got 4 hours of music and checking news, emails, boards, few phone calls and texts etc. Normal usage...

My walnut Toast cover arrived today, it's really cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,819 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I got this case in vodafone today. It wakes when you open the panel and sleeps when you close it so that's handy.
    I think some sort of clip would have helped to keep it closed but that's nothing an elastic band won't fix! It feels more protected than the gel case for sure and the way the piece protecting the connector for the charger and headphones kept sticking out after being charged really pissed me off so that's that issue sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Did anyone get their M8 on vodafone with the free dot view case and actually get the case yet?

Did anyone get their M8 on vodafone with the free dot view case and actually get the case yet?

I got my phone around 3 - 4 weeks ago, and got the case yesterday in the post.

I got my phone around 3 - 4 weeks ago, and got the case yesterday in the post.

What do you think of the case. Mine is sitting in parcel motel and I hope to collect tonight.

What do you think of the case. Mine is sitting in parcel motel and I hope to collect tonight.

I do like it. The fact it unlocks the phone when you open the case, I find very handy.
    The looks and features of the case are all great.
    The one downside is the case doesn't seem to be one of the strongest. I work outdoors and can be fairly clumsy at times, so I will really test it out.:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I think this version of the one is far nicer looking than the first. It looks far more premium imo.

Advertisement