Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I come too

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,760 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

bluewolf wrote: »
    oh we defs dont have room, i got the basic squat stands which can be thrown in a corner
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08L6HBHGK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

:D

and some rubber mats
    i'll have to figure out how stable the floor is ;s

And they can double as a coat hanger when not in use

• Registered Users Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    And they can double as a coat hanger when not in use

:confused::confused:

24/7 squatting surely?? :p

Enjoy bluey - I'm well jel. Where did you get your bar and plates?

Did order a bench myself and it just arrived, as I don't actually have kitchen chairs or anything so the sofa or squishy office chair just wasn't working for anything seated or Bulgarian split squats etc.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Got em from blkbox! Bench is what I am missing but I'll make do

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Weights arrived ahhhhh just about enough room aha haha I don't have the squat stands yet but I'd say they were a good choice there won't be room for anything else
    Did a few tester sumos
    So happy

Weights arrived ahhhhh just about enough room aha haha I don't have the squat stands yet but I'd say they were a good choice there won't be room for anything else
    Did a few tester sumos
    So happy

You got the bar and 100kg?

• Advertisement

Yep the bar and 100kg. A pair of 2kgs is on the way as finding 1.25 or 2.5 anywhere for non extortionate got me nowhere. Pair of collars on the way as well.
    I was thinking about your deadlift jack and you have me considering it now as well. I always use the rack to load and unload and it's a nuisance not having it

Keep doing a few more tester sumos every time I pass the room

The only full bar jack I could find online was 200. There’s half jack options but I’m too precious for that so I said I’d spoil myself

Okay we'll put that back on the wishlist so...

The only full bar jack I could find online was 200. There’s half jack options but I’m too precious for that so I said I’d spoil myself

Notions :P (In fairness you are lifting heavy enough to warrant it!)

Notions :P (In fairness you are lifting heavy enough to warrant it!)

I’m lifting lazy enough to warrant it. Ah, when I joined my new gym and used one for the first time a few weeks ago, I fell in love.

• Advertisement

I’m lifting lazy enough to warrant it. Ah, when I joined my new gym and used one for the first time a few weeks ago, I fell in love.

With the fanciness of your home set-up you will have to start offering memberships for the rest of us post-lockdown :pac::pac:

Bluey will too by the sound of it - The OH Bluewolf Fitness Furnace :D

• Registered Users Posts: 24,578 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Okay we'll put that back on the wishlist so...

You could get a mini jack for £45 or even just a wedge to about £18....if you don't just want to use the small plates as a wedge.

Ah i have like an old notebook as a wedge for the outside plates. It's the inside 20s that are a nuisance :D

Gym 28 10 deadlifts day

Deadlift 3 x 2+2 @ 6 rpe "fairly easy like a warm up weight" try 100kg
    Today i did sumo instead of conv. Sent my tester reps to coach and apparently they look solid with a bit less sitting back required. Also absolutely no lower back tightness with them. So might as well run with it for the moment. They were always about level with conventional

Tempo Bench 3 x 6 floor press
    40kg??? Yes 40kg not Tempo tho
    Man I can't wait for the 2kgs plates

Skulls 2 x 3/fail 8-15
    7.5 kgx2 2x8

Row 3 x 3/fail 8-15
    7.5kg 3x12

Took an hour and a quarter mostly due to faffing around with setup and camera angles. Super happy to be working hard at it.
    Coach gonna mix up the program to adapt. Can't waiiiit for squat stands

That's pretty cool your sumo and conventional are pretty close.

I don't think I gave sumo a fair crack of the whip.

I was getting knee pain because I was allowing my right knee come in a little. It's all moot now because my hip says no but I look back at how nice it looked the day I said I'd just see where I could go with sumo and got a decent number that I didn't think I'd get.

Gym 30 10 squats

60kg 3x3
    70kg x 4x3

Bench
    3x 3/fail
    30kg don't trust setup yet for 40
    X 12, 12, 12

Lunges
    Bar x 3x12

Yay

Your squat stands arrived?

yep im so happy :D:D:D
    used em for benching too

used em for benching too

Cmooooonnn, pics!!

used em for benching too

Pffft. All ye need are push ups and pistol squats barefoot outdoors in the wind and rain and none of this fancy stuff like indoor squat racks :p:p I'm not jealous whatsoever. No.

Second DTP - Pics must be had so I can squat vicariously through you at least :(

Enjoy the gainz!

I'll pm some pics

Gym 31 10 misc

Hb Tempo squats
    60kg 3x6
    Gravity is high today. Like. Super high

Bench
    30kg 5x11

Sumo DLs
    Only a few like 80kg x 5. My bar loading problems have been solved as the stands have teeny safeties on them I can rest the bar on. Teeny in that I don't understand how they would actually help a fail but glad they're there to load with

Maybe bc i ate a giant brownie before lifting and needed a sugar nap. Was planning on lunges and rows but eh.
    Glad to get work in. It's funny bc i was only saying to coach the other day hey let's program 5 days and now I'm like this is haaaard
    Yay for lockdown lifting tho

• Advertisement

Got a new coffee syrup yesterday evening and didn't have the sense to try it with decaf so I think i got to sleep at 3am and I'm all messed up now

Gym 04 11 deadlifts

Deadlift 3 x 2+2 @ 6 rpe
    2 sets at 100kg, last set 110kg. Gime back conventional... I forgot how easy sumo is right up until it isn't. Conv you'd always be sure of picking it up

Tempo Bench 3 x 6
    40kg

Skulls 2 x 3/fail 8-15
    7.5 kgx2 2x8

Row 3 x 3/fail 8-15
    7.5kg 3x12

Took an hour and a half due to actually doing some warm up stretches and having sit downs and faffing around with my phone :x

Took an hour and a half due to actually doing some warm up stretches and having sit downs and faffing around with my phone :x

I do way more faffing about at home alright.

Speedy half hour today
    Light session

Gym 05 11

Leg Press or Split Squat
    Lunges 30kg 4x12 xxxx
    Ss
    Knee push ups
    4x12 xxxx
    Ss
    Core leg extensions
    4x12 xxxx

DB Fly
    7.5kg 3x 10 xxx

Row of choice:
    Did Lat Pulldown and tris since i just figured out how to set it up
    Purple band Lats
    Black band tris
    4 x 12 xxxx

Should I be able for full push ups? Yes
    But here we are

Gym 06 11

Squat 70kg 4x6
    Bench 3 x 3/fail 40kg
    Rows 7.5kg 3 x 8-15: didn't do
    Lunges (forward) 3 x 3/fail 30kg 3x10

I should prob stop calling it gym... Maybe home
    Super stiff and barely parallel depth on squats today despite doing extra stretching. And still only 70kg as didnt think id be up to 80. Which is all frustrating
    Bench and lunges grand tho

Gym at home 07 11

Tempo RDL @310
    50kg 4x6
    Chest exercise of choice
    Flyes 7.5kg x 15, 13, 12
    Triceps exercise of choice: pushdowns black band 3 x 10-20
    15, 15, 15
    Leg Extension:
    more fwd lunges 30kg 3 x 10-20
    14, 10, 13
    Leg Curls:
    banded setup
    3x 12

Coach suggested a banded setup for the leg curls as i was at a loss. Hooked the bands around a couple adjacent door handles and it worked perfectly
    I think my quads are going to fall off from all the lunges

He's agreed to a 5 times a week program, not sure if that's 5 days' work or 4 spread across 5. We'll see! Exciting
    I suspect tomorrow might be approaching "everything hurts and I'm dying" with all the forward lunges :pac:

What did your body do to you that you had to punish it so bad today. Good luck sitting on the toilet mon morning, or sitting in general

Do share the leg curl hack please - it's only fair we all share in your DOMS :-)

Do share the leg curl hack please - it's only fair we all share in your DOMS :-)

Single leg glute bridges will do a number on you.

I am happy to report zero doms
    Still laughing at dtp taking that workout so personally or something :D

I can't describe it any better than tying the bands around two door handles, lie down, hook the heel under, leg curl

• Advertisement

I am happy to report zero doms
    Still laughing at dtp taking that workout so personally or something :D

I can't describe it any better than tying the bands around two door handles, lie down, hook the heel under, leg curl

You have no business having no doms after that workout!

Advertisement