Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MLB: 2014 Regular Season Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭rockonollie

Gotta keep the photos coming.......it is my favourite day of the year.....I think mother nature agrees......Great American Ballpark had snow on the ground on Saturday

reds_zpsd0cfcf42.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Not very good planning by Mets 2B Daniel Murphy. His wife's gone into labour so he misses today's game. i don't know if she's gone early or what but if this is a routine pregnancy, did he not think the dates through 9.5 months ago? It's opening day!

Not very good planning by Mets 2B Daniel Murphy. His wife's gone into labour so he misses today's game. i don't know if she's gone early or what but if this is a routine pregnancy, did he not think the dates through 9.5 months ago? It's opening day!

that child will forever know that it was an uh-oh

• Registered Users Posts: 13,328 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Ouch. Bryce Harper hit hard in the head with a shin. Be a shame if he has to leave the game this early

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

Gotta keep the photos coming.......it is my favourite day of the year.....I think mother nature agrees......Great American Ballpark had snow on the ground on Saturday

reds_zpsd0cfcf42.jpg

Was watching Baseball Tonight earlier and they are broadcasting from Cincy. Looks absolutely fantastic.

• Advertisement

Benimar wrote: »
    Was watching Baseball Tonight earlier and they are broadcasting from Cincy. Looks absolutely fantastic.

As I said earlier.....opening day in Cincinnati is something special. School attendance is terrible, half of the city's residents miss work "sick", restaraunts give away free food, you walk into any store or business and every employee is in Reds gear.

No offense to any other baseball city......but Cincinnati is the home of opening day.

Great start to the year for the Brewers......Carlos Gomez singles to LF, advances to 2nd on the bobble by Upton.....then for some reason decides to go for 3rd when Upton already has the ball in his hand ready to throw.......thrown out at 3rd with about 15 feet to spare.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

Cubbies and Pittsburgh in an interesting stalemate so far.
    Bottom of 8.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭MilanPan!c

Sizemore is currently having his first major league at bat in years.

Absolutely amazing.

And he's got a base hit!

Woot!

Play under review in Milwaukee......sure to be overturned.....is that the first?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

Wellington Castillo gets one right in the .....
    Game stopped so he could catch his breath

Just what the Reds need......1st batter of the season, hits a line drive off of Cueto's wrist

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Live baseball :D

Tillman looking impressive for the Orioles

Edit: 30 seconds after I post Grady Sizemore gets a home run

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Live baseball :D

Tillman looking impressive for the Orioles

Given up 6 hits including a homerun to Grady Sizemore, who's now 2 for 2.

And he's given up a hit to Papi which almost never happens.

Whoops, make that 7 hits now.

76 pitches to get 11 outs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭MoyVilla9

Opening Day, MLB.tv purchased. Let's go!

Pedroia almost hit one out on a 12 pitch at bat. Tillman is basically done. Ortiz almost hit one out as well.

Orioles bullpen now warming up.

96 pitches and we're still in the 5th.

And he's walked Napoli.

Here comes pitch 100.

Typical Mets. Bullpen blows the lead twice and then collapses in the 10th.

Looks like Jose Reyes hammie gone again.

Lester had a very easy 1,2,3.

Just hit 70 pitches.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,960 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Found this about the place on twitter after a fan proposed at a game today in Chicago.

The Yankees will allow up to 10 proposals at one game, jesus it wouldn't exactly feel special would it!

http://www.swimmingly.com/relationships/proposals/heres-how-much-it-costs-to-propose-at-every-major-league-baseball-stadium/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

Old habits dies hard...Valverde of all people looked good today but no doubt his time will come...

Baltimore wins after the Sox strand an endless series of base runners. Great outing by Lester though. And great first game!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

Benimar wrote: »
    Really looking forward to handing the Champs their first defeat tonight :D

That'll do pig :D

Tillman threw a lot of pitches for 15 outs but kept pitching out of trouble. Hunter with the save but he was far from solid, hopefully just opening day nerves.

A good start for post-PED Cruz getting the winning run on a solo HR.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,443 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I saw up until the end of the ninth and didn't see the 10th. Same old mets it seems. Only 161 games to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

Ye gave us that one Jack! Miserable performance by the bullpen! Terrific effort by Rendon, La Roche - All good except the injury to Ramos and Harper!

Ye gave us that one Jack! Miserable performance by the bullpen! Terrific effort by Rendon, La Roche - All good except the injury to Ramos and Harper!

Harper's alright though isn't he? He stayed in the game anyway.

Hard loss alright but I'm used to these kind of losses unfortunately. It was a great exciting game though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

Harper's alright though isn't he? He stayed in the game anyway.

Hard loss alright but I'm used to these kind of losses unfortunately. It was a great exciting game though.

It was a great game. Yeah Harper is fine but he did take a nasty knee to the head, I think he'll be checked for concussion today before he starts tomorrow.

Its going to be a good year I think, I really like the new look of the nats. La Roche looks like he means business as well a bounce back year from him would be great!

I like your guys. I think your going to win alot more games that the bookies have you down for!

I like your guys. I think your going to win alot more games that the bookies have you down for!

Provided the bullpen gets its act together

• Registered Users Posts: 39,443 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Mets closer bobby Parnell has a incomplete MCL tear in his elbow. Well that's good news.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Went to see Indians @ A's in the O.Co Coliseum.

It was raining pretty heavily for most of the day in the Bay Area so I was really worried that the game would be rained off. But around 5pm the skies cleared and the sun came out and that was it for the rain for the night. I had fears of what a dump the O.Co might be (been to Safeco and Citi Field before), but it was actually fine. It could definitely do with more toilets and maybe more concessions and it was quite clear they were not used to dealing with sell out crowds, but apart from that it was a decent stadium. The crowd were definitely more into the game that my previous experiences at Safeco and Citi.

The game itself was good (apart from the A's losing). Sonny Gray got off to a bad start but settled down very well. I was kind of disappointed that the A's came out swinging at everything, they showed practically no patience at the plate (except for Sogard). I had a feeling that once they didn't score in the 8th that they would go onto lose (and Crisp was inches from getting the 3 run home run) and so it was. Pity Johnson had such a poor outing but it seemed like everyone on the A's team was slightly on edge - there's probably huge expectations on them this year.

Couple of pitcures
    jXsJ5ool.jpg
    4G6VpkGl.jpg

Advertisement